Windows 10: My Computer Cannot Read the DVD+RW Disc

Discus and support My Computer Cannot Read the DVD+RW Disc in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I put in the DVD+RW disc, and my computer cannot read the DVD+RW disc. Any help? [img] [img] 127413 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DeriLoko3, Feb 18, 2019.

1. DeriLoko3 Win User

My Computer Cannot Read the DVD+RW Disc

I put in the DVD+RW disc, and my computer cannot read the DVD+RW disc. Any help?

My Computer Cannot Read the DVD+RW Disc [​IMG]

My Computer Cannot Read the DVD+RW Disc [​IMG]

:)

DeriLoko3, Feb 18, 2019

2. DVD RW reads CD but not DVD disc

(1) My DVD RW Drive fails to read DVD except CD disc after updating to the latest Win 10 just 4 days ago.

It had been fine from brand new using Win 8.0.

(2) My SD Drive fails to even detect the card after updating to the latest Win 8.1/10.

It had been fine from brand new using Win 8.0.

(3) My DVD RW Drive fails to write DVD except CD disc after updating to Win-XP Service Pack-3.

It had been fine from brand new using Win-XP Service Pack-1.

I'm wondering why Microsoft Windows Updates always cause these problems?

If so, why Microsoft did not include the drivers necessary to prevent this type of problem?

Victor W.

***PII Removed***

1VICTORWONG9, Feb 18, 2019
  3. My DVD-RW player is not reading when a disc is inserted. I'm consistently told to insert the disc.

My DVD-RW player is not reading when a disc is inserted. I'm consistently told to insert the disc.

GabrielDennis1, Feb 18, 2019
  4. My Computer Cannot Read the DVD+RW Disc

DVD RW reads CD but not DVD disc

Hi Amit Sunar,

(Case-1). My laptop (workstation) is DELL (PRECISION): M6700; originally with Win 8.0 then upgraded to 8.1, 10 and now latest Windows 10.

Under the registry, I cannot find LowerFilter and UpperFilter.

From the Device Manager, I cannot find IDE/ATAPI Controllers either.

Upgrading to Win 8.1 caused my SD Drive unable to read SD card.

Upgrading to latest Win 10 caused my DVD RW Drive unable to read DVD disc.

****So far, I’ve done everything possibly can to fix the problem; all the methods suggested by experts have been tried but none of them worked. Thus, can Microsoft provide me with the driver so that I can reinstall. Because I
    suspect that my current driver for the DVD RW Drive may have already been corrupted during the updating. Therefore, I made several uninstall and reinstall still wound not solve the problem. Why, because if the drive has been corrupted where the reinstallation
    after uninstallation would be the same ----- the reinstallation would just copy from the existing corrupted driver files.

(Case-2). My laptop is DELL (INSPIRON): 5150; originally with Win-XP then upgraded to Service Pack-2 finally Service Pack-3.

Upgrading to Win-XP Service Pack-2 caused my DVD RW Drive unstable (sometimes wrote but other times did not write DVD disc).

Upgrading to Win-XP Service Pack-3 caused my DVD RW Drive completely unable to write DVD disc but still able to read DVD/CD disc.

<PII removed for privacy>

From: Microsoft Community [mailto:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***]

Sent: December 30, 2018 6:10 AM

To: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Subject: Question has a reply: DVD RW reads CD but not DVD disc

[table][tr][td] My Computer Cannot Read the DVD+RW Disc MS_logo.png [/td][/tr][tr][td]Microsoft Community[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Your question has a reply [/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Hi ,[/td][/tr][tr][td]Amit_Sun has replied to your question DVD RW reads CD but not DVD disc inMicrosoft Community.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Hi,Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. May I know the make and the model number of your system?This issue could be caused by driver failure or incompatible driver with Windows 10.Below are few of the troubleshooting steps you can try to further eliminate the root cause of the issue.Method 1: Uninstall DVD drivers.I suggest you to Uninstall DVD/CD-RomDrivers from Device manager after that reboot the computer once and check.Method 2: Registry changes.Disclaimer: The registry is a database in Windows that contains important information about system hardware, installed programs and settings, and profiles of each of the user accounts on the computer. Windows often reads and updates the information in the registry.Normally, software programs make registry changes automatically. You should not make unnecessary changes to the registry. Changing registry files incorrectly can cause Windows to stop working or make Windows report the wrong information.Before making any registry changes, I suggest you toback up your registry first.1. PressWindows + R key on your keyboard together.2. Type inregedit and hit enter.3. Navigate toHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}4. Search forUpper Filters and Lower Filters keys from the right pane and delete both of the key.5. Reboot the computer and check.If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.Hope it helps.Amit SunarMicrosoft Community – Moderator[/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]Post a reply[/td][/tr][/table]

[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]
    Did this resolve the problem?
    Give feedback

[/td]
    [/tr]

[/table]

[table][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Unsubscribe:On the question, select the ellipsis (...) and then select Unsubscribe.[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td] My Computer Cannot Read the DVD+RW Disc MS_logo_grey.png [/td][/tr][tr][td]This mailbox is unattended. Please do not reply to this message. If you feel that you received this email in error, you can sign in and update your email settings.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Privacy Policy | Code of Conduct | Update your email settings[/td][/tr][/table]

1VICTORWONG9, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

My Computer Cannot Read the DVD+RW Disc

1. My Computer Cannot Read the DVD+RW Disc - Similar Threads - Computer Cannot Read

2. My DVD-RW no longer be usable after erasing the disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My DVD-RW no longer be usable after erasing the disc: Hello,So last night I just found a DVD-RW and I did the "erase the disc". After that, I clicked on the drive, and it said how I wanted to use my DVD. I clicked the "Like USB Flash Drive". And it was formatting. After the format bar was full, it said that Windows cannot...
  3. My DVD-RW no longer be usable after erasing the disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My DVD-RW no longer be usable after erasing the disc: Hello,So last night I just found a DVD-RW and I did the "erase the disc". After that, I clicked on the drive, and it said how I wanted to use my DVD. I clicked the "Like USB Flash Drive". And it was formatting. After the format bar was full, it said that Windows cannot...
  4. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  5. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  6. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. how to erase a DVD + rw disc

how to erase a DVD + rw disc: I would like to create a new copy of my previous system repair disc. However, this requires me to erase the disc. Before, this option was available by "right-clicking" the DVD disc in “This PC” & selecting "erase". Now, there is not any option to "erase" the DVD+RW floppy...
  8. The optical CD/DVD drive cannot read discs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The optical CD/DVD drive cannot read discs: Hi, My optical drive has stopped working after installing and uninstalling DAEMON Tools Lite. Previously, everything worked properly. A DVD RW E : drive is visible in Windows Explorer. After inserting the disc into the drive, you can hear the disc spinning and trying to...
  9. DVD rw is not able to read

DVD rw is not able to read: I'm using windows 10, my optiarc dvd rw 7561s drive is not able to read any dvds cds, trying to update firmware and drivers, Kindly help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rw-is-not-able-to-read/5a692e74-49d2-4b0c-a994-ff5b855ec199
  10. My DVD-RW player is not reading when a disc is inserted. I'm consistently told to insert...

My DVD-RW player is not reading when a disc is inserted. I'm consistently told to insert...: My DVD-RW player is not reading when a disc is inserted. I'm consistently told to insert the disc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dvd-rw-player-is-not-reading-when-a-disc-is/224af15b-c5fe-4c6a-a06f-a270e95b3db2