Windows 10: my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.

Discus and support my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 4 computers on a home network. One computer can not see itself in NETORK on File Explorer. The other 3 computers all running Win 10 21H2 can see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by andy lloyd1, Aug 29, 2022.

1. my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.

I have 4 computers on a home network. One computer can not see itself in NETORK on File Explorer. The other 3 computers all running Win 10 21H2 can see each other but not the one computer that can see itself. I tried the suggestion of enabling SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support. With SMB 1.0 enabled the invisible computer could see itself but even with SMB1.0 enabled on another computer, the invisible computer could not be seen by other computers. All computers are set to PRIVATE and network discovery and related settings are set to Automatic. File and printer sharing is enabled and pa

:)

andy lloyd1, Aug 29, 2022
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Aug 29, 2022
  3. MisterEd Win User
    Computers Vanished From File Explorer But Network Still Works

I agree with @Try3. I have tried every suggested method to fix Windows networking suggested on these forums. All at best only worked for a short time. The only things that helped was:
    1. Batch file I suggested in an earlier post
    2. Creating shortcuts to computers on my home network
    Note these two things are not fixes but workaround. However, at least they help and have never failed.

I have shortcuts set up for eight computers on my home network. I have created a folder on my desktop called My Network to hold the shortcuts. They have a mix of the following operating systems:
    • Windows 10 - 4
    • Windows 7 - 3
    • Windows XP - 1

my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network. [​IMG]

MisterEd, Aug 29, 2022
  4. my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.

Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Aug 29, 2022
Thema:

my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.

1. my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network. - Similar Threads - computer cannot itself

2. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.: My computer will not see my wifi network but will see others around me. Router is seen by phone and streaming devices. Network troubleshooter doesn't help. Connecting via Network cable works but I need wireless connectivity....
  3. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.: My computer will not see my wifi network but will see others around me. Router is seen by phone and streaming devices. Network troubleshooter doesn't help. Connecting via Network cable works but I need wireless connectivity....
  4. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.

my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.: I have 4 computers on a home network. One computer can not see itself in NETORK on File Explorer. The other 3 computers all running Win 10 21H2 can see each other but not the one computer that can see itself. I tried the suggestion of enabling SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing...
  6. my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.: I have 4 computers on a home network. One computer can not see itself in NETORK on File Explorer. The other 3 computers all running Win 10 21H2 can see each other but not the one computer that can see itself. I tried the suggestion of enabling SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing...
  7. SOLUTION for Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOLUTION for Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.: I had the same problem and the fix is to delete the Trigger for FDResPub as follows:Delete The Trigger For FDResPubDeleting trigger for Function Discovery Resource Publication service to fix the network computer not showing up issues.Open the command prompt with administrator...
  8. Cannot see home network but can see other networks

Cannot see home network but can see other networks: My WiFi network is no longer showing up on my Windows 10 PC. I have checked to make sure all discovery is on and I can see other networks but not my Home Network. I have 20 other device connected so I know it is not the router and I have another Windows 10 machine connected....
  9. Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.

Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.: I have windows 10 - updated with the latest software. Network adapter drivers are the latest. I am connected via eithernet or Wifi and have the SAME issue. I enabled the settings to allow network discovery and to be seen on the network for private networks. Both Wifi and...
  10. See Other Computer on Home Network

See Other Computer on Home Network: Tried seems everything. One computer on home network can see and access public folders of the other 4 computers. But, other 4 computers cannot do same. All are running updated Windows 10. All sharing and network discovery turned on. Went out to command prompt as...