Windows 10: My computer cannot update windows, it'll get to 30% then the computer will forcefully...

Discus and support My computer cannot update windows, it'll get to 30% then the computer will forcefully... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Exactly as the title says, the computer will reach and get stuck at 30% and then restart in the middle of the update then attempt to finish the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tomas Vatinelle, Aug 14, 2022.

1. My computer cannot update windows, it'll get to 30% then the computer will forcefully...

Exactly as the title says, the computer will reach and get stuck at 30% and then restart in the middle of the update then attempt to finish the update but once it finishes, I will be met with an error along the lines of "Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes". I have tried practically everything I can except for installing a fresh install of Windows 10 but I would rather not do that. Everything I have found on the community page for windows does not work either, is it there a solution to my issue that I simply missed?

:)

Tomas Vatinelle, Aug 14, 2022

2. Computer update

For what? And what will this computer be used for?

Bill_Bright, Aug 14, 2022
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Computer Not Working

Hi,

Failure to access the Start menu and missing icons can be caused by a corrupted user profile. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    Safe Mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option and create a new user account. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

Once you were able to access Safe Mode, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to create a local user or administrator
    account in Windows 10. By doing this, we may identify if this is an account related issue. The link also contains all the necessary information including the step on how to set up a new account in Windows 10.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Aug 14, 2022
  4. My computer cannot update windows, it'll get to 30% then the computer will forcefully...

Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

My computer cannot update windows, it'll get to 30% then the computer will forcefully... partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

My computer cannot update windows, it'll get to 30% then the computer will forcefully...

1. My computer cannot update windows, it'll get to 30% then the computer will forcefully... - Similar Threads - computer cannot update

2. My computer cannot update windows, it'll get to 30% then the computer will forcefully...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer cannot update windows, it'll get to 30% then the computer will forcefully...: Exactly as the title says, the computer will reach and get stuck at 30% and then restart in the middle of the update then attempt to finish the update but once it finishes, I will be met with an error along the lines of "Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting...
  3. My computer cannot update windows, it'll get to 30% then the computer will forcefully...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer cannot update windows, it'll get to 30% then the computer will forcefully...: Exactly as the title says, the computer will reach and get stuck at 30% and then restart in the middle of the update then attempt to finish the update but once it finishes, I will be met with an error along the lines of "Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting...
  4. Cannot get into Computer since Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot get into Computer since Update: Hello, I am an office manager and am now unable to access my computer due to not knowing the previous employee's microsoft account password or email.How to I get into my computer? I have my own microsoft account but it's asking me for the previous employees info. I'm stuck...
  5. Cannot get into Computer since Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get into Computer since Update: Hello, I am an office manager and am now unable to access my computer due to not knowing the previous employee's microsoft account password or email.How to I get into my computer? I have my own microsoft account but it's asking me for the previous employees info. I'm stuck...
  6. Cannot get into Computer since Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Forced update wiped my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced update wiped my computer.: I just booted up and found that Microsoft did a forced update that wiped my computer clean. It is now like an out of the box brand new computer save for virus software, quicken, and turbo tax. No pictures, no files, my business is gone, no favorites. Nothing. Any suggestions?...
  8. Cannot get my computer to install updates

Cannot get my computer to install updates: My computer says it is missing important security and fixes but it won't update - error message: 0x800705b4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-my-computer-to-install-updates/29f1719b-524d-4e5a-8cf9-36dc46149b1d
  9. My computer is forcing an update on me

My computer is forcing an update on me: Yesterday I was prompted to do a windows update by my computer, so i installed the update and then after the update all my games were running at 0 fps in comparison to the usual 20 - 30. so i uninstalled the update and evrything was fine again. But today when i tried to...
  10. Forced update bricked my computer...

Forced update bricked my computer...: So, I had some work I was doing up on my computer, work I had taken all day to complete. I was away for a short time, and got hit by the forced windows update. I come back and it says the update was "27%" complete. An hour later, still at 27%. It was hung. I rebooted the...