Windows 10: My computer can't pick up audio from a microphone..? (I tried almost everything)

Discus and support My computer can't pick up audio from a microphone..? (I tried almost everything) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; At least windows doesn't. I came here not to waste your time, but to ask for help because I tried everything, including factory resetting the pc. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BeefNuggetScientist2, Sep 12, 2020.

1. My computer can't pick up audio from a microphone..? (I tried almost everything)

At least windows doesn't. I came here not to waste your time, but to ask for help because I tried everything, including factory resetting the pc. I think my last option is to change OS and/or change my computer. I just wanted to know if there's a setting in the deep waters of windows that almost no one knows about because I tried everything google and youtube threw at me.

Edit: I forgot to say that windows shows that the microphone is connected to the computer, but it just doesn't pick up anything. I tried multiple microphones and those don't work either.

submitted by /u/BeefNuggetScientist2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BeefNuggetScientist2, Sep 12, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Microphone only picks up audio from headphones?

I currently have a pair of razer kraken pro v2's which are plugged into my computer via a headphone splitter. My computer detects my headphones just fine (audio working and all), but when it comes to using the microphone it doesn't seem to pick up my voice at all and only picks up audio coming out through the headphones.

(EDIT): My microphone can now pick up my voice, but it still picks up sounds from my computer. Any way to fix this this?

robloxfunny, Sep 12, 2020
  4. My computer can't pick up audio from a microphone..? (I tried almost everything)

Computer will not pick up audio

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Have you tested a different headset on this computer?

I suggest you to try the following troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: Run the inbuilt troubleshooter for Hardware and devices. Follow the steps mentioned below.

Steps:

1. Tap on Windows + I on the keyboard.
    2. Select Update and Security option.
    3. Select Troubleshoot option.
    4. Click on Hardware and devices option and
      Run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Check if the Microphone is enabled and change it to default. Follow the steps mentioned below to set the microphone as default and enable it.

Steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    control Panel.

2. Click in Sound, then a new window will open up.

3. In the new windows click on the tab "Recording” and right click in the window and click on
    Show Disabled devices.

4. Now check if the microphone is listed there and highlight the microphone and click on "Set as Default" device.

5. Now right click on it and choose
    enable.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

My computer can't pick up audio from a microphone..? (I tried almost everything)

1. My computer can't pick up audio from a microphone..? (I tried almost everything) - Similar Threads - computer can't pick

2. My Computer isn’t picking up sound from my Microphone, IVE TRIED EVERYTHING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer isn’t picking up sound from my Microphone, IVE TRIED EVERYTHING: So my Desktop isn’t detecting any sound from my external microphone or from my air pod pros, I can hear videos and discord but using my mic no one can hear me? I’m running windows 11 and my external mic was working a few days ago, I tested both my microphone and my AirPod in...
  3. My Computer isn’t picking up sound from my Microphone, IVE TRIED EVERYTHING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Computer isn’t picking up sound from my Microphone, IVE TRIED EVERYTHING: So my Desktop isn’t detecting any sound from my external microphone or from my air pod pros, I can hear videos and discord but using my mic no one can hear me? I’m running windows 11 and my external mic was working a few days ago, I tested both my microphone and my AirPod in...
  4. Headphone mic picks up audio from everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone mic picks up audio from everything: I got a set of NUBWO G06 headphones in late 2021 and already started to have problems with them after the USB died I connected them to the PC via a TRRS audio cable connected to a female to two male splitter. If I have a youtube video playing anyone I am talking to can hear...
  5. Headphone mic picks up audio from everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone mic picks up audio from everything: I got a set of NUBWO G06 headphones in late 2021 and already started to have problems with them after the USB died I connected them to the PC via a TRRS audio cable connected to a female to two male splitter. If I have a youtube video playing anyone I am talking to can hear...
  6. Headphone mic picks up audio from everything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. My computer can't pick up sounds from my microphone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer can't pick up sounds from my microphone: Like you've read in the title, my computer can't pick up any sounds from my mic in my headphones. I tried to download audio drivers but it still doesn't work, but when I tried it with my earphones, then everything works fine. I think the problem is with the drivers because I...
  8. Microphone is picking up my PC audio.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone is picking up my PC audio.: I have an Asus motherboard with amd and realtek audio manager. I went threw countless fixes, but nothing worked. The Mic doesnt display any sounds in the sound control panel, yet it still picks up the audio. All my drivers are up to date and there are no problems found by...
  9. Microphone picks up audio from PC, not my voice.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone picks up audio from PC, not my voice.: Problem: I'm trying to talk to my friends using a voice chat app on my pc but it just plays stuff from the game i'm playing or video i'm watching, not my voice. Notes: New headset https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3106293 Headset has one pin for both microphone and audio...
  10. Microphone not picking up audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not picking up audio: Hello, I would like to hear some advice as to what I should do in this situation: My built-in microphone on my ASUS laptop windows 10 is not picking up audio anymore for some reason, and I did not change any settings. I have done literally everything from checking if the...