Windows 10: My computer can't restart, shutdown, sign out, ...

Discus and support My computer can't restart, shutdown, sign out, ... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer OS is windows 10. I try to shutdown normally but my computer doesn't turn off. Then I have to cut down the electricity to turn off the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Lê Văn Minh, Nov 3, 2019.

1. My computer can't restart, shutdown, sign out, ...

My computer OS is windows 10. I try to shutdown normally but my computer doesn't turn off. Then I have to cut down the electricity to turn off the computer .

p/s: Sorry I'm not good at English.

:)

Lê Văn Minh, Nov 3, 2019
  2. little cat, Nov 3, 2019
  3. The computer shutdown itself restart?

Hi Tín,

A computer can shutdown based on the instructions given to its power settings. If you are using a laptop, there’s an option that when you are just closing a lid, it can shutdown your computer.
    To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution to your concern, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What activity are you performing that may trigger to shutdown your computer?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot of your power settings?
    • Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

My computer can't restart, shutdown, sign out, ...

ShutDown button in desktop (Win-10)

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You can create shortcut for Shutdown, restart and sleep by following the below steps:

• First right-click on the desktop, choose New and then Shortcut.
    • In the shortcut location box, you’ll need to enter the correct command, which I’ve listed for you below.
    • For Shutdown type the below command:
    Shutdown.exe -s -t 00

• For Restart type the below command:
    Shutdown.exe -r -t 00

• For Sleep type the below command:
    rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0

After you click Finish, you should now have a new icon that you can double-click to immediately shutdown, restart, or lock your computer.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

My computer can't restart, shutdown, sign out, ...

1. My computer can't restart, shutdown, sign out, ... - Similar Threads - computer can't restart

2. Computer restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer restarts after shutdown: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BigBossXDiana [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m6gx5r/computer_restarts_after_shutdown/
  3. Windows 10 Signs me out then restarts my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Signs me out then restarts my computer: Sometimes I will get a popup that says "Windows will Sign you out in less than a minute" but then it restarts my whole laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-signs-me-out-then-restarts-my-computer/1a055248-ed8d-4aa4-958c-b27fa4ec9e16
  4. Computer restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarts after shutdown: Hello, A while ago, my pc started to restart after I try to shut it down. The things that I have already tried is: -using cmd to shutdown -disabling fast boot -disabling wake timers both in advanced power settings and task scheduler -disabling auto restart after...
  5. computer randomly restarts or shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer randomly restarts or shutdowns: So every now and then I open my computer and find out that it was shut down. At first, I thought it was a windows update, but I don't know anymore. the error I see in the event viewer system log is 6008 "The previous system shutdown at 1:59:50 on ‎20/‎09/‎2020 was...
  6. Computer signs out of everything when restarted

Computer signs out of everything when restarted: I get signed out of my computer every time it restarts, and my Chrome comes up as if I signed out of everything. It nearly looks like I've just started up a new computer. When it restarts my folders are also moved around. What's going on? submitted by /u/neytirijaded...
  7. Computer won't restart/shutdown

Computer won't restart/shutdown: Let me start off by saying that I have 25+ years in windows (workstation and server) but I need a second set of eyes on this. Issue: Computer will not restart or shutdown. Behavior: On shutdown or restart, it goes through the normal process, monitors turn off, but the...
  8. Auto sign out during shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Auto sign out during shutdown: I'd like to know if there is a way to have my Windows 10 computer automatically sign out of my two accounts when shutting down my computer. I would like to stop getting the message that someone else is using the computer (other account) when shutting my computer down from the...
  9. WiFi drops out and can't reconnect, computer hangs on shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi drops out and can't reconnect, computer hangs on shutdown/restart: Hey all, Hope I can get some help with a problem that has been bugging me since I installed W10. This problem appears to be random and happens a couple of time a month. It is really annoying. What happens is, the WiFi appears to stop working. It can't find any available...
  10. Computer can't shutdown or sleep, only restart.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer can't shutdown or sleep, only restart.: Hey guys. I hope someone here can help me with my current problem on my desktop. Whenever I try to shutdown my computer the montior shuts off and my drives stops after a few seconds, but my fans and LEDs keeps running. I've tried to do all the suggestions from My Laptop...