Windows 10: My Computer Can't Run Games

Discus and support My Computer Can't Run Games in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer crashes every time I try to play any video game, even though I have a powerful graphics driver, plenty of RAM, and a supposedly good GPU.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Windows Category - All, Oct 4, 2020.

1. My Computer Can't Run Games

My computer crashes every time I try to play any video game, even though I have a powerful graphics driver, plenty of RAM, and a supposedly good GPU. here are my specs.

IdeaPad Flex 5 15IIL05

Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz 1.50 Ghz

Installed RAM: 16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable

System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Every game I own crashes. Each displays a unique error which suggests my display drivers aren't working. I've tried to update my display drivers, but they're already up to date. I've also installed the latest DirectX version. I don't have any modifications or overclocking on my GPU. This has been a problem since I first owned the computer and I literally can think of no reason why I can't fix it.

:)

Windows Category - All, Oct 4, 2020

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Oct 4, 2020
  4. My Computer Can't Run Games

Problems with running games

Hi Declan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try installing games in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the setup file and click on ‘Properties’.

• Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once
      this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

My Computer Can't Run Games

1. My Computer Can't Run Games - Similar Threads - Computer Can't Run

2. My pc can't run any game!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc can't run any game!: My pc can normally run games like fortnite or dbd ect with 60 fps and no issues.But today i woke up and it can't run any game.It boots up the game but all of them get 2 fps max.I restarted it and still nothing.Any solution please?...
  3. My pc can't run any game!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc can't run any game!: My pc can normally run games like fortnite or dbd ect with 60 fps and no issues.But today i woke up and it can't run any game.It boots up the game but all of them get 2 fps max.I restarted it and still nothing.Any solution please?...
  4. My pc can't run any game!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My computer won't run games and gpu is 0 and doesnt run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer won't run games and gpu is 0 and doesnt run: Hi i've taken out my graphics card to work on my rig and i've put everything back together and it works but my graphics card doesnt work . i've tried to reinstall Nvidia experience drivers and stuff but it still doesnt work and i've taken out my graphics card out of the...
  6. My game is running in the background and I can't play it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My game is running in the background and I can't play it: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/H-ckerman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i2uqo9/my_game_is_running_in_the_background_and_i_cant/
  7. Can't download a game I know my computer can run

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download a game I know my computer can run: I bought age of empires 2 definitive edition last night and its telling me I dont have any devices that can run it? I checked the official game site and i have more than what i need to run this ge smoothly. Ive never had this problem from steam? Maybe i shouldn't trust...
  8. Can't run games anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run games anymore: Hello, So I've had this issue lately that I'm not able to launch some games, or when I launch them, it will take forever to get them opened, if they don't crash before it opens, or freeze. I can launch some games like Battlefield V from the Origin Store, Dead Cells from...
  9. Can't run games that run on EasyAntiCheat...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run games that run on EasyAntiCheat...: I've got a question. Am i the only one that has an issue running EasyAntiCheat games? Like, I wanted to play a game called Apex Legends but as i open the game a window pops up saying "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000142)...After i press OK a...
  10. Can't Run Steam Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Run Steam Games: I just finished building my PC, and I downloaded DirectX but Im getting an alert from Xenuine with error code 00000A00/0019 and MSVCP140.dll, what do i need to download in order to run my games?...