Windows 10: My computer cant tap sign in in welcome screen it repeattedly show sign in button please help

Discus and support My computer cant tap sign in in welcome screen it repeattedly show sign in button please help in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My computer cant tap sign in in welcome screen it repeattedly show sign in button please help... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by offce365_0331, Dec 8, 2022.

1. My computer cant tap sign in in welcome screen it repeattedly show sign in button please help

My computer cant tap sign in in welcome screen it repeattedly show sign in button please help

:)

offce365_0331, Dec 8, 2022

2. Windows Spotlight - Lock Screen image will not show on Sign-In Screen

Hi Bastet and Paul Black,

Thanks for such a quick response! I had tried the steps involved in Brink's tutorial already (both manually and running the .bat file, just in case), but I've given them one more try just to see if it worked - no luck, I'm afraid! While Spotlight itself works on the Lock screen, as soon as I press a key to move to the Sign-In screen to enter my PIN, it changes back to a plain flat-colour background - and that's even with "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" enabled under Personalization.

If I set this to 'disabled', the Spotlight image shows on the Lock screen but not the Sign-In screen.
    If I set it to enabled, both Lock and Sign-In show as a plain flat-colour background.

Hi Dalchina,

Thanks for this suggestion as well - I've tried this too (both enabling and disabling the registry key). It seems to get me one step closer. If I create and set 'DisableLogonBackgroundImage' to '1' under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System, then the outcome of "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" under Personalization seems to have a different effect. Regardless of whether "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen", the Spotlight image shows on the Lock screen. However, it still doesn't show on the Sign-In page. That's still just a solid colour.

Do I want DisableLogonBackgroundImage to be 0 or 1? I guessed 1 as I figured that was a 'disable' key - kind of like a double negative My computer cant tap sign in in welcome screen it repeattedly show sign in button please help :)

And with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SystemProtectedUserData\<your account's SID key>\AnyoneRead\LockScreen, there's the HideLogonBackgroundImage key - which I guess should be set to 0?

I feel like it's just got to be one darn registry key somewhere to fix this, but I've got no idea where to look!

Apologies - I know this is all very trivial but it's irritated me enough that it's getting personal now *Wink

musiclover99, Dec 8, 2022
  3. dacrone Win User
    different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Dec 8, 2022
  4. Liberty Win User

My computer cant tap sign in in welcome screen it repeattedly show sign in button please help

I want Windows 10 Sign-in Screen to show which users are signed in

Thank you for trying to help, but as stated in my post, "If you are already signed into an account, then you can look and see which users (if any) are signed in and there is no guesswork needed." This can be done as you described or (I think) through the Users tab in Task Manager.

The problem is knowing which users are signed in when you are at the Sign-in Screen. Windows 8.x used to say below a user's picture and name "Signed in". Windows 10 does not. If a signed in user Locks their account or if the PC is put/goes to Sleep or Hibernation and then you come along and want to restart or shutdown from the Sign-in Screen. In that case, Windows 10 tells you other users are signed in, but you have no way of knowing which users are signed in without first signing into one of the accounts.

Liberty, Dec 8, 2022
Thema:

1. My computer cant tap sign in in welcome screen it repeattedly show sign in button please help - Similar Threads - computer cant tap

2. My computer cant tap sign in in welcome screen it repeattedly show sign in button please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer cant tap sign in in welcome screen it repeattedly show sign in button please help: My computer cant tap sign in in welcome screen it repeattedly show sign in button please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-cant-tap-sign-in-in-welcome-screen-it/a6d50f35-a138-4753-bc80-a0aacfa79e32
  3. My computer cant tap sign in in welcome screen it repeattedly show sign in button please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer cant tap sign in in welcome screen it repeattedly show sign in button please help: My computer cant tap sign in in welcome screen it repeattedly show sign in button please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-cant-tap-sign-in-in-welcome-screen-it/a6d50f35-a138-4753-bc80-a0aacfa79e32
  4. My pc keeps sayin cant sign in to account please sign out Please Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps sayin cant sign in to account please sign out Please Help: I sign out then sign back in but it says it againI cant use windows bar cant open settings cant login to my accountit doesnt save my stuff please HELP ME...
  5. My pc keeps sayin cant sign in to account please sign out Please Help

in Windows 10 Customization
    My pc keeps sayin cant sign in to account please sign out Please Help: I sign out then sign back in but it says it againI cant use windows bar cant open settings cant login to my accountit doesnt save my stuff please HELP ME...
  6. My pc keeps sayin cant sign in to account please sign out Please Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Sign In and welcome

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign In and welcome: Today when I tried to log on to my PC it didnt work. It would load the spinning welcome freeze and then go a little more and then freeze completely. I also cannot boot into safe mode...
  8. Is it possible to Show all signed in Users on the Welcome Screen?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to Show all signed in Users on the Welcome Screen?: Hi all, Is this possible in Windows 10? It used to be a default feature in WinXP and 7 but I cant tell whos logged in to a computer without logging in myself and looking at Task Manager. Would be really useful as camera often fails with Teams etc if another user is already...
  9. Is it possible to Show all signed in Users on the Welcome Screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to Show all signed in Users on the Welcome Screen?: Hi all, Is this possible in Windows 10? It used to be a default feature in WinXP and 7 but I cant tell whos logged in to a computer without logging in myself and looking at Task Manager. Would be really useful as camera often fails with Teams etc if another user is already...
  10. Remove Welcome / Sign in Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Welcome / Sign in Screen: I tried the following. It worked but only for when I restart or shutdown my computer. But if I hibernate my computer, upon resuming, I get the sign in screen again. So, how can I disable or remove the welcome/sign in screen completely? How to Skip the Windows 10 Login...