Windows 10: My computer controls my wife's screensaver

Discus and support My computer controls my wife's screensaver in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I changed my screensaver, and soon after the screensaver on my wife's computer changed as well. Any ideas as to why? It didn't used to do that!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DennisKnight Sr, Jan 29, 2020.

1. My computer controls my wife's screensaver

I changed my screensaver, and soon after the screensaver on my wife's computer changed as well. Any ideas as to why? It didn't used to do that!

Hers is a Dell running Window's 10, while mine was custom built by a local shop, also running Window's 10.

Thoughts? Thanks!

:)

DennisKnight Sr, Jan 29, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.My computer controls my wife's screensaver :)

terrace, Jan 29, 2020
  3. windows 10 screensaver issue.

Hi,

To resolve your issue about changing your screen saver, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the View by option to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select View all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.
    • Try to save the screensaver again.
    Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Jan 29, 2020
  4. My computer controls my wife's screensaver

Can't Remove Screensavers

Well since there is no way to uninstall the two screensavers I made it was suggested I uninstall the program. Unfortunately, even after uninstalling Axialis Screensaver, the screensavers I made are still listed. Not a big deal just wonder where the data is hiding? Normally they should of been created in the system32 folder but in searching none where found. *Mad

Winmicro10help, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

My computer controls my wife's screensaver

1. My computer controls my wife's screensaver - Similar Threads - computer controls wife's

2. Getting BSOD often on my wifes computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting BSOD often on my wifes computer: The most recent error was this: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000001c6 0x000000000000000f, 0xffffa201a41f9690, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\Minidump\041721-9781-01.dmp. Report Id:...
  3. Wife's login changed my computer theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wife's login changed my computer theme: I logged out of my profile and logged in to my wife's profile for a game using the Microsoft Store login. When I did this though, it completely changed my computer's theme wallpaper, color scheme, scroll direction preferences, etc.. I logged out of hers and back into my...
  4. My wife name?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My wife name?: Elizabeth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wife-name/3f415dc3-898b-48d0-b557-54057cdcdafa
  5. Cannot access my wife's network computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access my wife's network computer: My computer cannot find my wife's laptop on the network, even though they are the same make and model. One reason may be that her Microsoft username is in some places J.......@prodigy.net and others J......@proxdigy.net. Somehow this typo occurred and I have no clue how to...
  6. My desktop & log-in information is displaying on my wife's computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My desktop & log-in information is displaying on my wife's computer: I recently purchased two computers with Windows 10 for both me and my wife. I got my system up and running, and I stated to get my wife's up and running with I noticed my desktop information was on her computer, and my email and last open documents recent opened files were...
  7. My wife is on my account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My wife is on my account: Microsoft want allow my wife to use Office 365 on our computer. It seems to have as needing an account in her name???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wife-is-on-my-account/e5b78438-b155-4545-80b6-347833b83c4e"
  8. Add my wife to use this computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Add my wife to use this computer.: I accidentally entered my wife's email as administrator when I was trying to add her to use this computer. How can I change it back to myself and grant her access to this computer?...
  9. Inadvertently activated my Microsoft Account on the my wife's computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Inadvertently activated my Microsoft Account on the my wife's computer: I purchased a laptop for my wife and inadvertently activated my Microsoft Account on it now both my computer and her's have my account. How do I activate her account on her computer without missing up my system? Thank you in advance....
  10. This change to my computer affect my Wife's computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    This change to my computer affect my Wife's computer.: When I setup a screensaver slideshow on my Win 10 computer it also sets itself up on my wife's Win 10 machine. How do I stop this? Is this something to do with a network setting that I don't want or need? Thanks 39486