Windows 10: My Computer crashed after installing Windows 10 Dec 2018 update

Discus and support My Computer crashed after installing Windows 10 Dec 2018 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On restarting the computer after downloading and installing the Dec2018 update I noted that the installation was taking a long time and the screen was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cepheus123, Dec 31, 2018.

1. My Computer crashed after installing Windows 10 Dec 2018 update

On restarting the computer after downloading and installing the Dec2018 update I noted that the installation was taking a long time and the screen was flashing on and off repeatedly. In installation process gave a message to say that the installation was taking a long time but be patient. It also gave a message to say that the installation could not find "System profile / desktop" the installation was terminated with the following message.

c:\Windows\System32\config\system profile\desktop is unavailable etc, etc

Also a further message to say VisualC++ runtime library\ program file\ windows etc, etc.

On trying to restart my machine I can get to the login screen, after logging on I get a sand timer which keeps cycling on and off.

Pls advise how to correct this problem.

B Regards

Cepheus123

:)

Cepheus123, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Drone Win User
  3. yangwu90 Win User
    Multiple BSOD Crashes After April 2018 Windows 10 Update

I recently updated my new HP Envy 13t ultrabook (bought Feb 2018) to the April 2018 Windows 10 update (OS Version 1803, build 17134.1), and since then the computer has had multiple BSOD crashes. The stop code
    errors for these crashes includes everything from:

• UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION
    • CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    • MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    • KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (dxgknl.sys failure).
    There are also instances when the disk space has been stuck on 100% for no apparent reason, even when only running 1 or 2 programs. The computer seems to crash on varying random occasions (even when the computer
    is asleep), and I have not been able to pinpoint the causes for these failures. I have tried everything from:

• running full computer scans (both on Windows Defender and pre-installed McAfee. No malware or virus was found),
    • disabling/uninstalling the pre-installed anti-virus software,
    • running SFC (no integrity violations found),
    • checking for errors and optimizing/defragmenting the hard drives,
    • updating every single driver through Device Manager,
    • updating HP drivers,
    • installing a couple PC scanners and trying to manually resolve issues, and
    • even running a clean Windows 10 update through "Reset this PC" recovery tool,
    but nothing has seemed to work as I continue to have these frustrating random crashes. I have barely installed any new software and the crashes only started occurring after upgrading to the new Windows 10 update.

I am asking the community for any tips or suggestions on how I may combat my computer issues and resolve my BSOD crashes. Thank you all in advance for help.

yangwu90, Dec 31, 2018
  4. My Computer crashed after installing Windows 10 Dec 2018 update

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

My Computer crashed after installing Windows 10 Dec 2018 update

1. My Computer crashed after installing Windows 10 Dec 2018 update - Similar Threads - Computer crashed installing

2. Everday computer locks up - started Dec 2018 after Win 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everday computer locks up - started Dec 2018 after Win 10 update: This seems to be fully documented over internet sites. I have even followed the reinstall instructions from Microsoft with no help. I had a Dec 2018 clone drive of my data. So as I installed it, here come the Win 10 updates and problem was back. I have completely...
  3. After Dec 29, 2018 update, Windows 10 will not pop up login prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    After Dec 29, 2018 update, Windows 10 will not pop up login prompt: Recently (as in the past 72 hours) I got an HP Pavilion that already came with Windows 10 installed on it. After yesterdays Windows 10 update (12/29/2018) my computer will pop up a clock with a blank blue screen as the background. When I proceed to the login screen only the...
  4. Microsoft update December 2018 crashed my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft update December 2018 crashed my computer: I have a 3 week old Lenovo Legion T530 desktop computer. This is the first Windows update and it has crashed my machine. It will not boot and I just get the Blue screen with various options that do not work. Thank you Microsoft for screwing up a new computer and possibly my...
  5. Windows 10 update (Dec 2018) lost audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update (Dec 2018) lost audio: Windows 10 updated on my computer on December 18, 2018. After update, I no longer have sound. After further research, I now have no speakers. I have done device manager uninstall, checked bios update for my motherboard and download/support for my audio (everything is up to...
  6. Lastest Windows Dec 2018 Update - Mouse not working

Lastest Windows Dec 2018 Update - Mouse not working: KB4470788, KB4471332, KB2054637 One of these updates screwed up my blue Performance MX mouse - can no longer pair the device to windows 10. It works at a snails pace now. Ran device troubleshooter, reinstalled and reinstalled the drive/software - still cannot pair it....
  7. Windows update 15th Dec 2018

Windows update 15th Dec 2018: You did an update yesterday, the first I knew was a message stating you would be restarting.... now Today, I cannot find files (yet again what is it with your updates and deleting files). Where are they. One especially is pinned on Excel and now doesn't exist. It has a...
  8. 11 Dec 2018 Windows 10 Updates

11 Dec 2018 Windows 10 Updates: Hi: I found a bunch of updates ready to install on my Win 10 Pro Desktop Machine, so I went ahead and did the updates, and then the machine started to go thru the reboot process and that is where things went bad. I no longer have a desktop available and if I try to Shift,...
  9. wifi adapter keeps disabling itself after dec 2018 updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi adapter keeps disabling itself after dec 2018 updates: Lenovo yoga had it for at least 5 years latest updates have hosed the network adapter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-keeps-disabling-itself-after-dec-2018/674d257b-e809-41f7-9e6e-e0fb011fe611
  10. Question: My Computer Won’t Boot After Installing the Windows 10 October 2018 Update –...

Question: My Computer Won’t Boot After Installing the Windows 10 October 2018 Update –...: I just installed the latest version of Windows 10, but my computer won’t boot anymore – no BIOS, Sign in Screen, Desktop....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 clean installation update after long hours crashed