Windows 10: My computer crashes Black Screen? How do I know the cause of the problem?

Discus and support My computer crashes Black Screen? How do I know the cause of the problem? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; OK So, I keep my computer plugged in and I have set the settings in power management to "Do Nothing" when the lid closes when the laptop is plugged in.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SuyashSingh101, Jul 31, 2020.

1. My computer crashes Black Screen? How do I know the cause of the problem?

OK So, I keep my computer plugged in and I have set the settings in power management to "Do Nothing" when the lid closes when the laptop is plugged in. I keep the laptop lid closed and when I open the laptop after sometime and it doesn't turn on, sadly I have no way of knowing whether my laptop is on as it doesn't have LED for that. However, I know its on as I have to press the power button for 4 seconds to forcefully shut it down, then it powers up when I press the power button after that. I know it crashed because Microsoft Edge browser shows it closed down unexpectedly.

I want to know why is it shutting down, can I get an error log by installing an application or does Windows have a feature that notes down crash logs.

I don't think the laptop is getting thermal throttled as it is a new laptop, and when I open the laptop it doesn't feel super hot neither does the surface where the laptop is kept feels particularly hot though it is warm so I wouldn't cross it out absolutely.

:)

SuyashSingh101, Jul 31, 2020

2. My computer keeps doing this and I need to know how to solve it

Hi

There are different factors that can contribute as for why your computer would stop responding at random and also the monitor output becomes fuzzy or bright. This could be caused by a recent update causing a software conflict or device drivers that got corrupted.
    For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any recent changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occuring?
    • Aside from the fuzzy or bright screen when the computer stops responding, were there any error messages that showed up?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 do you installed on your computer.

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to get your computer into safe mode. This will start the Windows operating system using a limited set of files and drivers.
    If the same symptoms don't occur in safe mode, we'll know that the default settings and basic device drivers aren't the cause of the issue.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jul 31, 2020
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jul 31, 2020
  4. My computer crashes Black Screen? How do I know the cause of the problem?

my computer turned black and white and i don't know how to fix it.

Hello,

For us to further isolate the issue, we need to ask you a few questions:

• Did you make any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried to update your video card driver?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far?

If you haven't done so yet, we suggest that you try to check on the link below:

The screen may appear black or green during playback when the Windows Media Player control is embedded in a Web page

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

My computer crashes Black Screen? How do I know the cause of the problem?

1. My computer crashes Black Screen? How do I know the cause of the problem? - Similar Threads - computer crashes Black

2. I do not know what’s causing this and I don’t know how yo fix this problem please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I do not know what’s causing this and I don’t know how yo fix this problem please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Big_Station6278 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ubcwdt/i_do_not_know_whats_causing_this_and_i_dont_know/
  3. I have black screen after my computer crashed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have black screen after my computer crashed.: Windows automatic repair attempted repair but was unable to repair. When I logged into the task manager this is the message that pops up.Code execution cannot proceed because C:\Windows\WinSXS\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls-6595b641417119507e\COMCTL32.dII was not...
  4. I have black screen after my computer crashed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have black screen after my computer crashed.: Windows automatic repair attempted repair but was unable to repair. When I logged into the task manager this is the message that pops up.Code execution cannot proceed because C:\Windows\WinSXS\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls-6595b641417119507e\COMCTL32.dII was not...
  5. I have black screen after my computer crashed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. the graphics adapter causes my computer to black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the graphics adapter causes my computer to black screen: the graphic's adapter driver causes the monitor to go black when 'Iam working on the computer but i don't kno much about drivers so can u find a similar driver like this one : IntelR G41 Express Chipset Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1 and this is my computer...
  7. Crashing and black screen problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing and black screen problem: When I'm playing games it gives me some randomly black screen, and then it leads to crash my games constantly i'm struggling with this problem like couple weeks I just need help Thanks for your attentions Log Name: Application Source: Windows Error Reporting...
  8. Crash/Freeze/Black screen How can i do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crash/Freeze/Black screen How can i do?: My computer will black screenmy monitor showed that 'dp port no signal' if opened a long time but still playing the sound.Few second, there is no sound .After that, I can't start my computer immediately. the hdd light not blinking. After some mins, my pc work again. Plz Help...
  9. How do I know if someone controlling my computer on lock screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I know if someone controlling my computer on lock screen: How do in know if some body is controling im pc on lock screen? h https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-know-if-someone-controlling-my-computer/80795014-1fd7-4f3c-9415-8f8e9aeac4af
  10. problem with crashing, black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    problem with crashing, black screen: windows 10 home ryzen 1600x stock speed liquid cooled asus crosshair vi (bios is a couple updates behind, newer bios was unstable for some reason) 2 gpu 1 5700 gigabyte reference, one rx 480 liquid cooled (this happened with just the 480 as well, and with just the 5700) no...