Windows 10: My computer crashes constantly after Windows 10 Upgrade

Discus and support My computer crashes constantly after Windows 10 Upgrade in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've tested the memory for hours (ran for almost a day on multiple occasions) and it always passes. I've tested the SSDs (now on the 2nd one for my OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RomanFlute, Jan 21, 2019.

1. My computer crashes constantly after Windows 10 Upgrade

I've tested the memory for hours (ran for almost a day on multiple occasions) and it always passes. I've tested the SSDs (now on the 2nd one for my OS drive and both test out perfectly), running the latest NVidia drivers and even have messed with a few rollback options. Done a Win 10 OS complete reinstall twice now. This machine was working flawlessly with Windows 8.1 and now it's almost totally useless. I've spent over 80 hours now trying to figure out a solution. I need Windows 10 operational because I need the latest Adobe apps. Basically I can't even web surf without the machine going to a BSOD and it's always memory management. I have never, ever, had a situation that is this bad. I'm using a new license of Win 10 64bit, purchased with an installation usb drive. Beyond frustrating, especially how I never had one issue with the same components and Windows 8.1. I can't ever get a constant cause, because the machine will sometimes just go to a BSOD while it is sitting there. I did keep my working version of 8.1, and if I put that OS drive in, the machine will run fine and doesn't crash. I'm afraid to do an upgrade on that OS, because I'm afraid of losing that working OS. That OS drive was completely removed and only reinstalled into the computer when I decided to see if something had happened to the hardware. I did not have it installed into the computer when I installed Windows 10.

:)

RomanFlute, Jan 21, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 21, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

My computer crashes constantly after Windows 10 Upgrade

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

My computer crashes constantly after Windows 10 Upgrade

1. My computer crashes constantly after Windows 10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - computer crashes constantly

2. Computer constantly crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer constantly crashing.: I'll start off by saying that since I got this computer I haven't taken the best care of it. There was a period of time where my computer would overheat and crash a lot bcs I didn't know about ventilation. That's over with but it seems to have done something with my computer....
  3. Computer constantly crashing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer constantly crashing.: I'll start off by saying that since I got this computer I haven't taken the best care of it. There was a period of time where my computer would overheat and crash a lot bcs I didn't know about ventilation. That's over with but it seems to have done something with my computer....
  4. Constant Computer crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant Computer crashes: So I cant find the crash dump for some reason, let me know if more info is needed, while playing certain games my computer is going into forced restarts constantly. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 0xfffffeb92b21b124,...
  5. Constant Computer crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant Computer crashes: So I cant find the crash dump for some reason, let me know if more info is needed, while playing certain games my computer is going into forced restarts constantly. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 0xfffffeb92b21b124,...
  6. Constant Computer crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer constantly crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer constantly crashing: Hello my computer has been constantly crashing at random intervals since last Tuesday. The error codes given all pointed to a driver issue or ram but I have installed new ram and clean installed windows twice. Error codes I have seen IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, BUFFER STACK...
  8. Computer constantly crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer constantly crashing: Why is my computer running so slow and constantly freezing or dropping out of programs. It is starting to drive me mad, I can switch from one browser to another without it taking ages to install or not responding at all. HELP!!!!!...
  9. Windows 10 upgrade crashed my computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 upgrade crashed my computer: I just purchased for $139.58 and downloaded windows 10 for my computer and it has crashed it giving me a black screen. I have done everything i can to try to update drivers and update BIOS. My old OS is gone along with all data because I wanted to start fresh. Now nothing...
  10. Explorer is constantly crashing after Win10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer is constantly crashing after Win10 Upgrade: Atleast that is what I think is happening. I got the OK to upgrade to win10 from win7 on my laptop.. I went through the prossess as instructed and everything seemed to be going just fine. Then when my lesktop came to life...it was good for a few min..then explore started...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer crashes after update 2019