Windows 10: My computer crashes every time I plug my headphones in

Discus and support My computer crashes every time I plug my headphones in in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So basically, I have a Lenovo PC with windows 10, and I don't know much about computers. So in the past week or so, I'll I plug in my headphones to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by J'Shawn, Sep 2, 2021.

1. J'Shawn Win User

My computer crashes every time I plug my headphones in

So basically, I have a Lenovo PC with windows 10, and I don't know much about computers. So in the past week or so, I'll I plug in my headphones to my computer, then it will wait a couple minutes before freezing for 1-2 minutes, and then blue screening. I can only tell it's blue screening, though, because the taskbar turns blue, but the rest of the screen stays frozen in place. Then when it restarts, the headphones will not work until I restart it but I have to actually shut it down, then turn it on again, if I just push restart the headphones will not work still, and the wi-fi takes 10-15 m

:)

J'Shawn, Sep 2, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Computer Won't Auto Change the Playback Device When Headphones Plugged In/Out

Hi Michael,

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

Is the issue specific to only Headphones/ Does External Speaker play when plugged in?

I suggest you to try resetting the default device as shown in the steps given below and check if the issue persists.

• Plug in the Headphones in the machine.

• Go to Start and Control Panel.

• Select 'Hardware and Sound'.

• Click 'Change system sounds'.

• Click 'Playback' tab. (It should then show you your headphones in the list).

• Select your proper Headphone device from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.

• Now unplug your Headphones and select speakers from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.
    Hope it helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arul_D, Sep 2, 2021
  3. Computer crashes everytime I plug in headphones

This started about two days ago. My computer said there was an update for my Realtek audio so I updated. After the update anytime a sound was made on the computer windows would crash. After uninstalling all of the Realtek drivers and reinstalling them,
    the computer stopped crashing. Now every time I plug in headphones Windows crashes. I don't know what to do anyone having a similar problem? I have an MSI gs-63.

Jackson_H_a, Sep 2, 2021
  4. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Sep 2, 2021
Thema:

1. My computer crashes every time I plug my headphones in - Similar Threads - computer crashes every

2. My computer gets a Watchdog violation every time I plug in my headphones.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer gets a Watchdog violation every time I plug in my headphones.: Whenever I plug in my headphones around 30 seconds later the screen freezes then bluescreens and says it's a watchdog violation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-gets-a-watchdog-violation-every-time-i/8d98113c-1fd7-4f5c-ba11-3f6d1294195e
  3. My computer gets a Watchdog violation every time I plug in my headphones.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer gets a Watchdog violation every time I plug in my headphones.: Whenever I plug in my headphones around 30 seconds later the screen freezes then bluescreens and says it's a watchdog violation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-gets-a-watchdog-violation-every-time-i/8d98113c-1fd7-4f5c-ba11-3f6d1294195e
  4. every time I plug in my wireless headphones Bluetooth adapter my laptop slows down and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    every time I plug in my wireless headphones Bluetooth adapter my laptop slows down and...: i have had this headset for 1 year they are the hyper x cloud stingers and every time I plug the bluetooth adapter into my laptop the entire system slows down and does not play sound and go back to normal until I unplug them I have tried them on other laptops and it was fine...
  5. every time I plug in my wireless headphones Bluetooth adapter my laptop slows down and...

every time I plug in my wireless headphones Bluetooth adapter my laptop slows down and...: i have had this headset for 1 year they are the hyper x cloud stingers and every time I plug the bluetooth adapter into my laptop the entire system slows down and does not play sound and go back to normal until I unplug them I have tried them on other laptops and it was fine...
  6. Should I shut down my computer every time I plug in my scanner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I shut down my computer every time I plug in my scanner?: Should I shut down my computer to plug in my scanner? I tend to do it to protect both items and historically, powering up the scanner 'with' the computer avoided twain error but I'm wondering if it's still necessary since I have to unplug my scanner and so therefore shut down...
  7. Should I shut down my computer every time I plug in my scanner?

Should I shut down my computer every time I plug in my scanner?: Should I shut down my computer to plug in my scanner? I tend to do it to protect both items and historically, powering up the scanner 'with' the computer avoided twain error but I'm wondering if it's still necessary since I have to unplug my scanner and so therefore shut down...
  8. Should I shut down my computer every time I plug in my scanner?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. How to disable the prompt that appears every time i plug in my headphones?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable the prompt that appears every time i plug in my headphones?: Every time i plug in my headphones, a prompt appears that goes something like "Which device did you connect?". It's in dutch cause that's my device's language, but this is what it looks like. [ATTACH]...
  10. Computer crashes everytime I plug in headphones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashes everytime I plug in headphones: This started about two days ago. My computer said there was an update for my Realtek audio so I updated. After the update anytime a sound was made on the computer windows would crash. After uninstalling all of the Realtek drivers and reinstalling them, the computer stopped...