Windows 10: my computer crashes when i open or close some games.

Discus and support my computer crashes when i open or close some games. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; my computer specs are I7 4790k, gtx 1060 from msi, 16gb of DDR3 hyper x savage ram from kingston, NZXT kraken 62 cooler for my CPU, a seagate barracuda... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mitchboileau, Dec 8, 2018.

1. my computer crashes when i open or close some games.

my computer specs are I7 4790k, gtx 1060 from msi, 16gb of DDR3 hyper x savage ram from kingston, NZXT kraken 62 cooler for my CPU, a seagate barracuda 1tb hdd, a axiom 750gb hdd, gigabyte gab85m mobo, EVGA supernova g3 1000w PSU. when i try to run some games like CoD BO2, AC Origins, and GTAV, my computer will freeze and only after a restart will it come back, and when i close some games it happens too, like when i closed sea of thieves, CS:GO, and FO4. but the weird thing about the freeze is i can still kinda use my pc, i can send messages in my discord chats and close some apps but nothing else, ive tried waiting it out and i waited almost an hour and nothing changed, i checked for dust clogging my components, ive run virus scans, i have CAM from NZXT running in the back ground and that freezes with the pc, and nothing seems to be out of place on my dials, ive had my pc for almost 2 years and this only started happening late august early september, it got so bad at one point that i installed a whole new copy of windows and the pc was fine for a while, id say about 1 month then the problem came back, i never get any error codes the pc just freezes, any suggestions?

:)

mitchboileau, Dec 8, 2018
  2. Fedell6 Win User

Games closing or not opening properly

I have several Bigfish games which I have installed on a new laptop running Windows 10. All games will close unexpectedly and repeatedly during game play, sometimes up to 4 times within 20 seconds. The icon returns to the task bar and when I click on it again it states the game was paused. This is very irritating, many are quite new games which are supposed to be windows 10 compatible. Others which are older games do not open in a full window although full screen is selected. I have had more than one online chat with Microsoft about this issue and have tried all their suggestions: uninstalling - re-installing the games, checking the compatibility troubleshooter, re-starting computer, running updates etc, and nothing has worked. Does anyone on the forum have a suggestion of what I might try as this is the only thing I do not like about this computer? *Zip

Fedell6, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Jessen P Win User
    ASPHALT 8 GAME crashes as soon as it is opened

Hi Deepak,

Please reply to the questions mentioned below in order to assist you in a better way.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Is the issue specific to a particular game?
    Since the game is crashing, the first thing I would suggest is to reinstall the game and then check if it helps. I would also request you to place the computer in clean boot and then check if it helps.

Putting your system inClean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform
    a Clean Boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Please revert if the game still crashes.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Dec 8, 2018
  4. peach1971 Win User

my computer crashes when i open or close some games.

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

my computer crashes when i open or close some games.

1. my computer crashes when i open or close some games. - Similar Threads - computer crashes open

2. My pc crashes when i play some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc crashes when i play some games: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff80043429d13, 0xffffd2877d766fd8, 0xffffd2877d7667f0. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\112522-11203-01.dmp. Report Id: a87c420b-5186-4f1d-a257-e1cce8a59a0b...
  3. My pc crashes when i play some games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc crashes when i play some games: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff80043429d13, 0xffffd2877d766fd8, 0xffffd2877d7667f0. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\112522-11203-01.dmp. Report Id: a87c420b-5186-4f1d-a257-e1cce8a59a0b...
  4. Pc crashing when closing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc crashing when closing games: I've recently been having to deal with BSOD when I close any games on my computer, I've tried to update drivers and bios drivers and done some research but nothing seem to work. it does leave a event on event viewer and a mini dump file but again I really don't know to well...
  5. Pc crashing when closing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc crashing when closing games: I've recently been having to deal with BSOD when I close any games on my computer, I've tried to update drivers and bios drivers and done some research but nothing seem to work. it does leave a event on event viewer and a mini dump file but again I really don't know to well...
  6. Computer freezes or crashes when closing Programs or Games

in Windows 10 News
    Computer freezes or crashes when closing Programs or Games: While most problems are known to happen while running an application or programs, many have also reported that their Computer freezes or crashes when closing Programs or Games. This pretty much boggles the mind on why the computer would crash, sometimes immediately and...
  7. Computer crashes during some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes during some games: Hi, My computer keeps crashing while I play games. It doesn't happen with all of my games, but for the ones it does, it crashes my entire computer pretty frequently. When playing games like Rust or Phasmophobia, I can expect a crash after roughly 5-15 minutes of gameplay....
  8. applications closing when i open up games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    applications closing when i open up games: When ever I open up a game it refreshes the screen and closes apps like the xbox companion app and i have to reopen the aplication. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/applications-closing-when-i-open-up-games/057ab7d1-c1f9-4aed-b986-bb4d2ec4fd18
  9. My computer re-opens when i close it why?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer re-opens when i close it why?: For the past few weeks almost everytime i close my computer it magically opens again for no reason and this only happens when i close it from my pc and not the power button and when i have a program running but everytime i close it,it takes 1-2 minutes closes my monitor...
  10. Computer crashes during some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes during some games: My computer will crash during some games only older ones like nwn 2 and star wars tor. Fallout 4 works fine. I've tried running the games in compatibility mode. The fans will kick in to high gear and the screen goes blank. I have to hold down the power button and do a hard...