Windows 10: My computer crashes when I try to run a game!!!!

Discus and support My computer crashes when I try to run a game!!!! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I open a graphically demanding game like for example rainbow 6 siege, war thunder, modern warfare, etc. The game will run for a limited amount of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gaspar, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Gaspar Win User

My computer crashes when I try to run a game!!!!

When I open a graphically demanding game like for example rainbow 6 siege, war thunder, modern warfare, etc. The game will run for a limited amount of time, usually 1 minute, and then my computer with shut down and then restart. My computer almost always powers off when I actually load into the map or the round starts. My computer runs perfectly fine when I am not playing a graphically demanding game like Minecraft. I know that the problem is not being caused by overheating and my components are not overclocked. I have a 550 what power supply and an i9 and 2080ti so I thought the power supply might be the issue? My computer has been running perfectly for around a year a suddenly last week the issue started. It's not like I just built my computer and the components aren't working right since they worked perfectly for a year+. What should I do?

:)

Gaspar, Nov 5, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 5, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Nov 5, 2020
  4. My computer crashes when I try to run a game!!!!

Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

My computer crashes when I try to run a game!!!!

1. My computer crashes when I try to run a game!!!! - Similar Threads - computer crashes try

2. Screen crashes when running games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen crashes when running games: This is me running a GPU benchmark. 5 minutes into the benchmark, small black squares started popping up and glitching around the screen. Usually it just blackscreens and I cant do anything, but i got one BSOD that had the error code of "Memory Management". This crash usually...
  3. Computer crashes when running/exiting certain video games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes when running/exiting certain video games: Hi,This previous winter Dec-Feb my desktop started crashing randomly while playing games. At first, it was just occasionally with The Sims 4 but then it got progressively worse. Any time I tried to start up any game, even less demanding ones, it would crash immediately. The...
  4. Computer crashes when running/exiting certain video games

Computer crashes when running/exiting certain video games: Hi,This previous winter Dec-Feb my desktop started crashing randomly while playing games. At first, it was just occasionally with The Sims 4 but then it got progressively worse. Any time I tried to start up any game, even less demanding ones, it would crash immediately. The...
  5. Computer crashes when running/exiting certain video games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. So my problem is that my games when I try to run them they crash or freeze then crash. Not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So my problem is that my games when I try to run them they crash or freeze then crash. Not...: Games keep freezing, pc keeps freezing, apps keep freezing. I think it should be my ram or the mother board ram slot since I flipped the ram sticks and tried with one and the other. Everything I tried didn't work....
  7. So my problem is that my games when I try to run them they crash or freeze then crash. Not...

So my problem is that my games when I try to run them they crash or freeze then crash. Not...: Games keep freezing, pc keeps freezing, apps keep freezing. I think it should be my ram or the mother board ram slot since I flipped the ram sticks and tried with one and the other. Everything I tried didn't work....
  8. computer crashes when gaming

computer crashes when gaming: When I play a game while playing it randomly crashed and I have to restart the pc anyone that is willing to help? * original title: Helpppp * https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-crashes-when-gaming/57b47f94-2aeb-49fe-ace3-73ac4fa4c0f9
  9. Computer crashes when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes when gaming: I recently switched some hardware in my PC (Motherboard and processor) and since then, whenever I play a demanding game the computer crashes- the screen goes black and the fans die down, HOWEVER, the computer is still on and short of removing the plug the computer wont turn...
  10. Computer crashing when gaming

Computer crashing when gaming: I get the following error after restarting my computer: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff8040c573358, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...