Windows 10: My Computer Created A New Local Disk (E:) By Itself

Discus and support My Computer Created A New Local Disk (E:) By Itself in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer created a new local disk (E:) by itself after update... Why? And how can I erase it? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Burak Cem Boğa, Feb 22, 2019.

1. My Computer Created A New Local Disk (E:) By Itself

My computer created a new local disk (EMy Computer Created A New Local Disk (E:) By Itself :) by itself after update... Why? And how can I erase it?

My Computer Created A New Local Disk (E:) By Itself a42af89b-2652-4b58-8c49-9dcdfd48a059?upload=true.png

:)

Burak Cem Boğa, Feb 22, 2019

2. Low disk space on Local Disk (EMy Computer Created A New Local Disk (E:) By Itself :)

Running Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron laptop. I keep getting the popup Low disk space on Local Disk (EMy Computer Created A New Local Disk (E:) By Itself :).

System info shows 42.6 free of 450MB

I've tried the registry hack that Microsoft support recommends by creating a new DWORD Value but that didn't work.

I opened the E: drive but says folder is empty.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

RayMan2018, Feb 22, 2019
  3. New local disk E

Recently a new local disk E has appeared. What is this?

SaulFarmer, Feb 22, 2019
  4. TodH1 Win User

My Computer Created A New Local Disk (E:) By Itself

New local disk created after windows 10 spring update

After my computer completed the spring update, I now have local disk e, along with local disk c. Why did this happen? Did something go wrong during the update? I'm now getting a low disk space warning for local disk e.

Local Disk C: Used Space - 184 GB, Free Space - 280 GB

Local Disk E: Used Space - 453 GB, Free Space - 45.6 GB

I don't notice in performance issues.

Any help / suggestions will be appreicated.

TodH1, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

My Computer Created A New Local Disk (E:) By Itself

1. My Computer Created A New Local Disk (E:) By Itself - Similar Threads - Computer Created Local

2. My local disk E space is gone!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My local disk E space is gone!: Hello, I used Bleachbit to run the function called "wipe free disk space" and after I did it most of my Local Disk E space is gone: See, I have never used 'Local Disk E' in my life, my files and everything are only in the C Drive, and even in the C Drive there's 170 GB free....
  3. local disk c: storage e:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    local disk c: storage e:: if my local disk storage c: is full will it switch to storage space e: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-c-storage-e/014cfadb-ee88-4ad4-91db-1ca9cf111d59
  4. Local Disk E: removed and need to recover

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local Disk E: removed and need to recover: On the latest windows update, I removed the Local Disk E: through this process and need to recover it. Type cmd in Windows Start Search box Cortana > Right click and run as Administrator Give following command and Enter: diskpart Now another window will be opened having...
  5. Local disk E and D dissapeard.

Local disk E and D dissapeard.: Hello, recently I had to download something from my school classroom it was a word file and when I was choosing the file destination it lagged and all my windows froze so I was not able to turn it off only from the power source. I restarted it and my local disks E and D...
  6. Local Disk Z automatically created.

Local Disk Z automatically created.: Today I noticed a new disk partition appeared named Local Disk z. The size of this partition is 100MB. And I can't access it. What is this ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-z-automatically-created/f1752637-2ef7-4492-850e-62ca2b9123cb
  7. My Laptop is creating a local account itself.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Laptop is creating a local account itself.: My laptop creates a local account when I connect to the internet. I remove it every time but it appears. I ranMalwarebytes but it wasn't helpful.Please help me....
  8. Creating a Local account on a new computer?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creating a Local account on a new computer?: I do a lot of new computer set ups for people. So i'm normally unboxing and setting up new Dell's and HP's. I remember before on the initial setup, when Microsoft would ask for an email address, there was a Make Local account button on the bottom left.. but on the past 2-3...
  9. Low Disk Space on Local Disk (E:)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Low Disk Space on Local Disk (E:): My Dell Inspiron laptop began displaying the message "Low Disk Space on Local Disk (E:) before it was a year old. When I go to the local E drive, it does not display files for deletion. How do I clean-up the E:drive if there are no folders/files displayed?...
  10. Increase space on local E disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Increase space on local E disk: Have plenty of space on C drive. Keep getting message the space on E drive is low. How can I increase memory on E drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-space-on-local-e-disk/55d16937-b500-4e01-86a6-1a9f7c4443f5