Windows 10: my computer defender is not working

Discus and support my computer defender is not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Split from this thread. My PC is so slow that it needs to be reinstalled completely. It's running now on WIN 8.1 and I have a WIN 10 code ready.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Amarsingbhaivasava, May 27, 2019.

1. my computer defender is not working

Split from this thread.​

My PC is so slow that it needs to be reinstalled completely. It's running now on WIN 8.1 and I have a WIN 10 code ready.

They told me a format C would relieve me from eventual malware a.o.

Do I need to save or prepare something on a stick

How do I initiate e format C

How will the pc connect to download the WIN 10?

my computer defender is not working

* Moved from Windows 8.1/Security

:)

Amarsingbhaivasava, May 27, 2019

2. Windows Defender not working

PrantaraArdi Prasetyo, May 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 27, 2019
  4. my computer defender is not working

Windows Defender Not On

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run virus scan to make sure the computer is free from virus.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove virus, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Method 2:

Turn the Defender on. Follow the below steps:

• In search, type Defender.
    • Now make the option ON by moving the slider accordingly.

Method 3: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, May 27, 2019
Thema:

my computer defender is not working

1. my computer defender is not working - Similar Threads - computer defender working

2. My computer is locked by the defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is locked by the defender: I need help to unlock my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-locked-by-the-defender/aa9c7568-1598-4695-b59a-ff8bc61c85c3
  3. My computer is locked by the defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is locked by the defender: I need help to unlock my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-locked-by-the-defender/aa9c7568-1598-4695-b59a-ff8bc61c85c3
  4. my defender is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my defender is not working: I was solving the defender problem because it is not showing virus and threat protection and I was on this step when it happens I was asking that do I press yes or no in Command Prompt...
  5. my defender is not working

my defender is not working: I was solving the defender problem because it is not showing virus and threat protection and I was on this step when it happens I was asking that do I press yes or no in Command Prompt...
  6. my defender is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. my windows defender is not working

my windows defender is not working: why is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-defender-is-not-working/9acbb178-5d36-4478-b757-047d2bb70371
  8. Windows Defender isn't working on my computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender isn't working on my computer.: I've followed all the steps suggested in this article to no avail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start/problems-starting-windows-defender-in-windows/808253bb-db89-4db9-a4e5-1c91a86489e9 Please help....
  9. WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT WORKING ON MY COMPUTER

WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT WORKING ON MY COMPUTER: I realised for about a week ago that my window defender on my laptop was not working. I mean I do not even have the option to open it. Checking on its status, it is indicated as "Running" but that is not really the case. Before, it was working fine but along the line, it...
  10. My Windows Defender is not working

My Windows Defender is not working: I have windows 10 and this morning I have a red x on my shield icon at bottom of screen. It does not allow me to do a full scan or even really do anything in security system. I ran a AntiMalware software but nothing was picked up. I have rebooted my computer and I cant get...