Windows 10: My Computer did a power recovery and put my computer to factory??

Discus and support My Computer did a power recovery and put my computer to factory?? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I must have done something in error as my Yahoo emails started to delete "All emails" I immediately clicked cancel and forced a shutdown.. Usually this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by billz, Mar 29, 2021.

1. billz Win User

My Computer did a power recovery and put my computer to factory??

I must have done something in error as my Yahoo emails started to delete "All emails" I immediately clicked cancel and forced a shutdown.. Usually this had no ill effects - Just "normal" start up afterwards. but this time something was not "normal" and it took a very long time of just balls going arround. I forced another shutdown as I have done before with no problems and expecting "normal" start up as after a power outage.

The Screen came up with Cyberlink Power Recover withe the Assuring Message Power Recover (P.R.) will back up all data
    on C:\\Users to the Folder C: Backup my Data You May find it in that Folder after the Restoration is Complete.
    options to click (Previous); (Start); (Abort); (OK): I clicked (OK).

After USB connecting an unused 1TB HDD (just in case).
    I felt reassured, but knowing I was out of my depth to understand.

There was a Step1 Completion then Step2 Start Restoration.

The next Screen Restore Image Path : E\ RECOVER\factory .wsi (Now I am Panicking)

Current file: Initialising.... Soeed : 0 Bytes /Minute Time elapsed 02:30 Time left : Blank

Message Comes up cmd.exe - Corrupt File
    The File or Directory (D:\Windows\CbsTemp\ 308729 (sine wave (~) symbol) is Corrupt & Unreadable Please run the Chkdisk Utility.

file & Unreadable with Instruction to Run Check Disk Utility (OK) I clicked (OK)

I had to leave it running after 21 minutes on checking
    Re Power recovery is Now Image Path: E:\RECOVERY\ ....
    Current File Recovering!!!! Speed 1.18GB/Min. ( This did Vary) Time elapsed 52.49 Time left 18.18 This also varied.

When it eventually stopped and the computer restarting

706,048 File records Processed, 861,274 Index entries Processed

Then it continues deleting Corrupt Attribute record (128,... 0 ( I am copying the screen as fast as I can)
    SEQUENCE 54690 47152 PROCESSED

706048 file record 336 large file records Processsed(FRP); 0 bad (FRP); 306 EA (RP); 690 reparse (RP):
    CH Disk is verifying index Stage 2 of 3
    Deleting index entry f1bc72dc-Obff-4512-a153-d133482957c0.tmp in index.$130 of file 18313
    Continues with deleting Index entries Until it NEEDS A COPY of ACTION AND A SECOND RESTART
    Starting Windows
    Setup isUpdating Registery etc Until It Says Preparing your Computer for 1st Use!!!
    I now have Windows 7 Home Premium
    I may have some existing documents in C:\ Back up my data.
    But as I have had a progression of Windows Operating systems and certainly two of my previous several computers involved with links I had not updated in case they were lost. There are lessons to be learned.

Can the Forum help me to get back to just before this happened on the 9-10th March with W10 and my files perhaps with some difficult links that I could check one by one

I may have to get a new clean 1TB HDD to Copy *.* everything if possible incase I lose what I have at the moment.

:)

billz, Mar 29, 2021
  2. Update Win User

Factory Reset Win 7 (without disc)

This was the answer! Thank you so much! I love this forums!

Update, Mar 29, 2021
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Mar 29, 2021
  4. RCoon Win User

Factory Reset Win 7 (without disc)

Download an ISO of the Avira AV boot CD, burn it on your own computer, and then boot from that CD on your mom's computer and run a cleanup.

Seriously, you should just download a Windows disc and format the laptop. Best and easiest course of action.

"Information:
    Many Toshiba laptops come with the factory software recovery image stored in a special (hidden) area on the hard disk. From this special hidden image, you can restore your computer to its factory-fresh software condition by following these steps:

To restore the original factory software image on your computer follow these steps:

• Make sure the computer is turned off ("Shut-down" from the Windows Start menu)
    • Remove any peripherals such an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
    • Make sure the AC Adapter is plugged in and working.
    • Press and hold down the 0 (zero) key on the keyboard while powering on the computer. Release it when the recovery warning screen appears.
    • If the recovery process offers a choice of Operating Systems, select the appropriate one for you.
    • A warning screen appears, stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and rewritten.
    • Click Yes to continue.
    • When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens select "Recovery of Factory Software" or the appropriate option for your needs.
    • Continue to follow the directions restarting as necessary.
    Please note that the process may vary slightly from machine to machine, that you may be asked to insert disks (multi-disk packages) and that the process may take one to two hours to complete. The recovery process will require you to restart your computer several times.

As you use the recovery process you will have several options. One of these may be to create a custom size partition. Follow the directions on screen for this and other options as prompted. When in doubt, it's usually best to accept the default, or pre-selected option.
    "

If you are incapable, or uncomfortable with following any of the recommendations on how to restore the laptop, then I recommend you take it to your local IT guy and ask him to do it for you. Sometimes the best of us have to visit a ripoff merchant to get something fixed, or even just tested...

RCoon, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

1. My Computer did a power recovery and put my computer to factory?? - Similar Threads - Computer did power

2. My computer screen is on recovery

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer screen is on recovery: My computer is on recovery it says the application or operating system couldn’t be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errorrs I did everything I pressed the f8 and hit enter and it dose nothing what can I do it’s not taking it any where still on the same...
  3. I accidentally powered off my computer during a factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally powered off my computer during a factory reset: I have a power cord with a little switch to turn off the power and when moving it I accidentally switched it off while my computer Lenovo legion T5 was factory resetting. Now whenever I turn on my pc, the monitors turn on but don't connect to the pc and just kinda alternate...
  4. I accidentally powered off my computer during a factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally powered off my computer during a factory reset: I have a power cord with a little switch to turn off the power and when moving it I accidentally switched it off while my computer Lenovo legion T5 was factory resetting. Now whenever I turn on my pc, the monitors turn on but don't connect to the pc and just kinda alternate...
  5. I did factory reset on my computer and the mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I did factory reset on my computer and the mouse and keyboard not working: I did factory reset on my computer and the mouse and keyboard not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-factory-reset-on-my-computer-and-the-mouse/7a70e051-54cd-416a-a8a0-bba89c41244f
  6. Got an update for my computer and this happen. Did a factory reset on my computer and YET...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Got an update for my computer and this happen. Did a factory reset on my computer and YET...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BigCarlitoBIG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jbwu4a/got_an_update_for_my_computer_and_this_happen_did/
  7. Put computer in my name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Put computer in my name: I inherited my late cousins computer. How do I remover her ownership and put my name in her place? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/put-computer-in-my-name/a1bda4b0-70de-4a7f-9de3-4283111f16e8
  8. My power saver is set to put my computer to sleep but it is staying on all the time.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My power saver is set to put my computer to sleep but it is staying on all the time.: My power saver is set to put my computer to sleep in 15 or 30 minutes, but has recently stopped putting the computer to sleep and it stays on all the time. How do I fix this. Is this something resulting from the latest Windows update. I have a Dell Inspiron 7000 less than a...
  9. Why did my computer need a bios recovery?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why did my computer need a bios recovery?: During the middle of browsing online, my computer suddenly shut down saying "Oops, sorry we encountered an error". When it tried to power on, it kept saying something about a hp bios recovery. After a numerous of failed attempts, it finally performed the bios recovery. My...
  10. When did I put Windows 10 on my computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    When did I put Windows 10 on my computer?: Does anyone know how I can find out when did I put Windows 10 on my computer? 49305