Windows 10: my computer did an automatic update and all my files are erased.

Discus and support my computer did an automatic update and all my files are erased. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my computer did an automatic update and all my files are erased. I lost all my photos and all my downloads. All my passwords were erased on my saved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bonbonche, Feb 4, 2019.

1. bonbonche Win User

my computer did an automatic update and all my files are erased.

my computer did an automatic update and all my files are erased. I lost all my photos and all my downloads. All my passwords were erased on my saved websites. How can i recover my photos? I use them for my business.

:)

bonbonche, Feb 4, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 4, 2019
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile my computer did an automatic update and all my files are erased. :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Feb 4, 2019
  4. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

1. my computer did an automatic update and all my files are erased. - Similar Threads - computer did automatic

2. Why did my computer erase programs and settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my computer erase programs and settings?: About a month ago, my computer, using Windows 11 I think, started and was missing programs and settings, like what I pinned to my taskbar, and all the histories of programs.I think a government agency criminally did something, trying to track or frame me.I just want this...
  3. Why did my computer erase programs and settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did my computer erase programs and settings?: About a month ago, my computer, using Windows 11 I think, started and was missing programs and settings, like what I pinned to my taskbar, and all the histories of programs.I think a government agency criminally did something, trying to track or frame me.I just want this...
  4. Windows did an automatic update and now all of my files are gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows did an automatic update and now all of my files are gone.: Running windows 11 on a Dell, it does nightly updates and restarts, this time it deleted all of my files and most of them are for school. I need it back immediately, it was just fine the other day....
  5. Windows did an automatic update and now all of my files are gone.

Windows did an automatic update and now all of my files are gone.: Running windows 11 on a Dell, it does nightly updates and restarts, this time it deleted all of my files and most of them are for school. I need it back immediately, it was just fine the other day....
  6. My computer erased my files and some apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer erased my files and some apps: HiI have a windows 10 32 bit and I need some help. This morning I tried to log into my laptop but when I logged in it said a error message saying “log out to not lose any files” I logged out and logged back in but when it got to the desktop all my files were gone. My google...
  7. windows did an update and erased my pin to sign on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows did an update and erased my pin to sign on.: windows did an update and erased my pin to sign on. Will not allow me to enter the pin... Will not allow me to change the phone number. I cannot work and my work is due and microsoft is claiming I have to wait anoterh 24 hours before they will allow me in and I will be fired...
  8. windows did an update and erased my pin to sign on.

windows did an update and erased my pin to sign on.: windows did an update and erased my pin to sign on. Will not allow me to enter the pin... Will not allow me to change the phone number. I cannot work and my work is due and microsoft is claiming I have to wait anoterh 24 hours before they will allow me in and I will be fired...
  9. Automatic update deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic update deleted all my files: My computer was literally on and it just restarts out of nowhere and then all my files are gone once I log back in. I’m in college so it would be nice to get my fucking files back. Thanks. submitted by /u/ciscowizneski [link] [comments]...
  10. Update Loop after Erasing all my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Loop after Erasing all my files: So I erased all my data and reset it into a “new” state, afterwards I tried to set it up and I got a notification telling me to get a update for the computer, I waited a bit after pressing next and now im stuck in some sort of loop taking me back to the basic set up screen....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How do I reinstall my taskbar after an automated update erased them?