Windows 10: My computer did an automatic Windows upgrade and now my HP Officejet 5255 printer doesn't work

Discus and support My computer did an automatic Windows upgrade and now my HP Officejet 5255 printer doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It keeps saying the USB cord isn't plugged in, but it is. I've plugged and unplugged, turned off, tried different USB ports. Nothing is working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoannaCrumley, Nov 12, 2020.

1. My computer did an automatic Windows upgrade and now my HP Officejet 5255 printer doesn't work

It keeps saying the USB cord isn't plugged in, but it is. I've plugged and unplugged, turned off, tried different USB ports. Nothing is working.

:)

JoannaCrumley, Nov 12, 2020

2. HP officejet 4500 printer is not working after upgrading to Windows 10

I have an HP OfficeJet 4500 all in one printer. Since I upgraded to windows 10 my scanner doesn't work. Any suggested fixes?

Original title: hp officejet 4500

HenryAndrews, Nov 12, 2020
  3. HP OfficeJet 5255 Printer

Uninstall then reinstall your Printer using the correct Drivers and setup information at this HP website.

And there are troubleshooting steps for it there too.

HP Website for your Printer:
    http://support.hp.com/ie-en/drivers

HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows

http://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c02073861

HP provides a free tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems. Download and run

HP Print and Scan Doctor

My computer did an automatic Windows upgrade and now my HP Officejet 5255 printer doesn't work c04616993.jpg
    to quickly and automatically perform several troubleshooting tasks. When this link is clicked, HP Print and Scan Doctor is
    downloaded using your Internet browser's download capabilities.

Or you can also ask in the HP Support Forums if the problem continues.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Bill Smithers, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Zaki_j Win User

My computer did an automatic Windows upgrade and now my HP Officejet 5255 printer doesn't work

HP PRINTER MODEL # 5255

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your printer shows offline.

1. Did this issue started recently? If yes, then what are the recent changes that you have made to the computer prior to this issue?

Method 1:

I suggest you refer to the article
    Resolving Printer Offline problem using the HP Print and Scan Doctor and perform
    the troubleshooting steps mentioned and see if that helps.

Method 2:

I suggest you refer to the article
    Troubleshooting offline printer problems
    and perform the troubleshooting steps mentioned and see if that helps.

Additional Information:

Change a printer’s status from “offline” to “online”

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027988/windows-10-change-a-printers-status-from-offline-to-online

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

My computer did an automatic Windows upgrade and now my HP Officejet 5255 printer doesn't work

1. My computer did an automatic Windows upgrade and now my HP Officejet 5255 printer doesn't work - Similar Threads - computer did automatic

2. HP 5255 Officejet Printer Message - 'The Selected Product Is Not Connected'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP 5255 Officejet Printer Message - 'The Selected Product Is Not Connected': I keep getting this message after selecting the printer I want to install. I'm using the HP 'Scan and Print Doctor,' but it's not 'connecting' or 'recognizing' the printer and I can't get past this message.The power cord and USB are physically connected to an electrical...
  3. HP 5255 Officejet Printer Message - 'The Selected Product Is Not Connected'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP 5255 Officejet Printer Message - 'The Selected Product Is Not Connected': I keep getting this message after selecting the printer I want to install. I'm using the HP 'Scan and Print Doctor,' but it's not 'connecting' or 'recognizing' the printer and I can't get past this message.The power cord and USB are physically connected to an electrical...
  4. HP 5255 Officejet Printer Message - 'The Selected Product Is Not Connected'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. my hp officejet 3831 printer does not work after windows 10 upgrade

my hp officejet 3831 printer does not work after windows 10 upgrade: Good morning, I have a problem with my officejet 3831 hp printer. After the last windows update the printer doesn't work anymore, it finds it as offline status and the drivers are not installed in a correct way, my pc doesn't seem to read it anymore with the USB port I don't...
  6. HP PRINTER MODEL # 5255

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP PRINTER MODEL # 5255: How do I change my HP printer from offline to online? it does not communicate with my https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-model-5255/e673f6d1-7ac3-4013-bfa6-104041b03c8c
  7. HP Officejet 5740 printer

HP Officejet 5740 printer: I am running Windows 10 on an HP Desktop computer. Last week I changed internet provider and have not been able to print since on my HP Officejet 5740 printer. Now I cannot print and I get the "Printer in an error state" message. I have removed the device, checked for...
  8. HP OfficeJet printer 7510

HP OfficeJet printer 7510: I get error message "problem with printhead" when I try to print a document. Can the printer be repaired, if so , how ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-officejet-printer-7510/57648d8c-dfb3-45aa-8be0-e5019dbccfbd
  9. My HP Officejet 6800 Printer

My HP Officejet 6800 Printer: I have a HP printer that is repeatedly printing something I printed when I last used it. I can't get other projects printed now. Any ideas? It's a HP51889D(HP Officejet 6800 All in one printer....
  10. My HP officejet 8600 printer on wireless connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My HP officejet 8600 printer on wireless connection: Printer stops 4 times while printing picture, leaves streak on picture each time I am using a wireless connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-officejet-8600-printer-on-wireless/66204ea1-3bbd-41f3-adae-be45e3cb3e7a