Windows 10: My computer did an update and now my wi-fi icon has changed

Discus and support My computer did an update and now my wi-fi icon has changed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Wi-Fi Icon has changed to a monitor with a little square in the upper left hand corner...What's going on?? How do I change this back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jeffkranz1, Jan 18, 2021.

1. My computer did an update and now my wi-fi icon has changed

Wi-Fi Icon has changed to a monitor with a little square in the upper left hand corner...What's going on?? How do I change this back?

:)

jeffkranz1, Jan 18, 2021

2. Wrong wi-fi icon?

what if you try a simple disabling of the wifi network connection then enable it again and see if the icons change? It shows the Broadband connection as disabled anyways, so I cant think that would effect the icon status of the enabled wi-fi.

sneekypeet, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jan 18, 2021
  4. allant51 Win User

My computer did an update and now my wi-fi icon has changed

wi fi connection

After windows 1903 update I don't have any wi fi connection or icon showing and have tried many suggestions on how to get it, but none have worked.

Can you provide a step by step instruction on how to get wi fi icon and network.

allant51, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

My computer did an update and now my wi-fi icon has changed

1. My computer did an update and now my wi-fi icon has changed - Similar Threads - computer did update

2. My wi-fi died

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My wi-fi died: My laptop's wifi is strange, it normally connects but no longer connects to the network, rarely does my wi-fi signal appear and when it does not connect, any idea what it is? submitted by /u/thigo47 [link] [comments]...
  3. There is no Wi-Fi icon on my computer!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There is no Wi-Fi icon on my computer!: [IMG] I can not connect to the internet and when I run troubleshoot, this will show. Somebody help me. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-wi-fi-icon-on-my-computer/d7e4b950-f4ce-46f8-b989-dfac8c21f4bd
  4. Computer forgets my Wi-Fi sometimes

Computer forgets my Wi-Fi sometimes: Sometimes, I log onto my computer and a little globe icon appears on the lock screen instead of the Wi-Fi symbol. I try to connect to my Wi-Fi and it says "Cannot connect to this network". The weird thing is that when I restart the computer, the Wi-Fi icon is back and I can...
  5. Not Showing My Wi-Fi

Not Showing My Wi-Fi: Hey guys, So for what ever reason, I am picking up my neighbors Wi-Fi, but not mine. It is on all of my devices and I have done everything recommended to my TP-link USB adaptor, but still can't pick it up. Help please....
  6. WI-FI icon missing

WI-FI icon missing: Wifi icon is missing, but i can able to import the profile and connect using the command prompt. GUI is not wokring. I tried reinstalling the driver and all the possible ways...
  7. My Wi-Fi adapter displays as "Wi-Fi 2"

My Wi-Fi adapter displays as "Wi-Fi 2": Couple days ago i am replacing my old dongle adapter for my PC from TP LINK TLWN422n to TLWN722n. As usual we have to install the driver by plug in the adapter and run driver setup. Does this because i dont uninstall 422n driver from my computer ? 422n actually only support...
  8. wi-fi icon

wi-fi icon: ... does not appear on the task bar and nothing I do brings it up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wi-fi-icon/649c0c61-f7de-4830-8655-ba1a88dd090c
  9. Is my Wi Fi Device or Computer causing problems?

in Browsers and Email
    Is my Wi Fi Device or Computer causing problems?: I am having a lot of problems trying to open Web pages on my Laptop. I use a Wi Fi device (Optus Huawei E586 077f) and my wife also uses the same device with her laptop. She does not have any concerns about reading her Email. However I am unable to access the same mail which...
  10. my wi fi won't stay on

my wi fi won't stay on: *Sad my wi fi keeps turning off and I have to keep going in to turn it back on 59876