Windows 10: My computer did an update and now my wi-fi icon has changed

Discus and support My computer did an update and now my wi-fi icon has changed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Wi-Fi Icon has changed to a monitor with a little square in the upper left hand corner...What's going on?? How do I change this back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jeffkranz1, Jan 18, 2021.

1. My computer did an update and now my wi-fi icon has changed

Wi-Fi Icon has changed to a monitor with a little square in the upper left hand corner...What's going on?? How do I change this back?

:)

jeffkranz1, Jan 18, 2021

2. Wrong wi-fi icon?

what if you try a simple disabling of the wifi network connection then enable it again and see if the icons change? It shows the Broadband connection as disabled anyways, so I cant think that would effect the icon status of the enabled wi-fi.

sneekypeet, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jan 18, 2021
  4. allant51 Win User

My computer did an update and now my wi-fi icon has changed

wi fi connection

After windows 1903 update I don't have any wi fi connection or icon showing and have tried many suggestions on how to get it, but none have worked.

Can you provide a step by step instruction on how to get wi fi icon and network.

allant51, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

My computer did an update and now my wi-fi icon has changed

1. My computer did an update and now my wi-fi icon has changed - Similar Threads - computer did update

2. How to fix my Wi-fi icon?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix my Wi-fi icon?: My wifi icon kept on disappearing and I saw this problem on one person also asking the same question. I tried everything that I could do and watched many videos just to fix this. I wish someone can help me. There's this Wifi 6 on the Network adapters and I already tried to...
  3. How to fix my Wi-fi icon?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix my Wi-fi icon?: My wifi icon kept on disappearing and I saw this problem on one person also asking the same question. I tried everything that I could do and watched many videos just to fix this. I wish someone can help me. There's this Wifi 6 on the Network adapters and I already tried to...
  4. Find my Wi-Fi icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find my Wi-Fi icon: Where can I find my Wi-Fi call if I cannot find it anywhere in settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-my-wi-fi-icon/e20c4c60-3033-4b2d-b737-c22ba91b5314
  5. Find my Wi-Fi icon

Find my Wi-Fi icon: Where can I find my Wi-Fi call if I cannot find it anywhere in settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-my-wi-fi-icon/e20c4c60-3033-4b2d-b737-c22ba91b5314
  6. Find my Wi-Fi icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. My computer has no possible way to connect to Wi-Fi sometimes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has no possible way to connect to Wi-Fi sometimes: Randomly, my computer will lose wifi connection, and there's no button above the sound and brightness sliders that shows me the option to connect to wifi, windows key + a doesn't take me to it either. The Wi-Fi section of "Newtork & Internet" disappears, and no...
  8. My computer has no possible way to connect to Wi-Fi sometimes

My computer has no possible way to connect to Wi-Fi sometimes: Randomly, my computer will lose wifi connection, and there's no button above the sound and brightness sliders that shows me the option to connect to wifi, windows key + a doesn't take me to it either. The Wi-Fi section of "Newtork & Internet" disappears, and no...
  9. There is no Wi-Fi icon on my computer!

There is no Wi-Fi icon on my computer!: [IMG] I can not connect to the internet and when I run troubleshoot, this will show. Somebody help me. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-wi-fi-icon-on-my-computer/d7e4b950-f4ce-46f8-b989-dfac8c21f4bd
  10. wi-fi icon

wi-fi icon: ... does not appear on the task bar and nothing I do brings it up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wi-fi-icon/649c0c61-f7de-4830-8655-ba1a88dd090c