Windows 10: My computer died, I got the product key from it. How do I reuse it?

Discus and support My computer died, I got the product key from it. How do I reuse it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A week ago my computer was acting up and I thought it would be a good idea to get the product key from the computer and so I did by using this tutorial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gwalid, Jul 18, 2019.

1. gwalid Win User

My computer died, I got the product key from it. How do I reuse it?

A week ago my computer was acting up and I thought it would be a good idea to get the product key from the computer and so I did by using this tutorial below. A few days ago my computer died on me. Instead of buying a new computer I wanted I decided to build one and I have put Windows 10 on it. How do I use the product key from my old computer and use it on the new one I built? I want to have a offline account and I did have an offline account on my old computer which was not attached to any Microsoft email.

Find Windows Product Key using CMD or PowerShell

:)

gwalid, Jul 18, 2019

2. reusing my product key

If I purchase windows 10 License key now and I upgrade on the PC I'm using now. If I go buy a new PC a week from now am I able to reuse my windows 10 product key on the new PC I purchased????

JamesMills3, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Reusing windows 10 retail product key from broken pc

Soon after windows 8 first came out I downloaded it and purchased the product key which I used to upgrade from windows XP. There was a special offer at the time which meant it cost only about £15.00 but it is a genuine retail key not OEM. I later upgraded
    to windows 10 using that product key. After some months the computer, which was really quite old, broke down completely. I now have a new windows 10 computer. However this only has windows 10 home installed and the key for the old computer is the pro version.
    I have read that you can deactivate a product key on one machine and reuse it on a new one. However, as the old computer does not work I cannot do this. Is there any other way to deactivate and reuse the old product key on my new computer?

AnthonyCrossland, Jul 18, 2019
  4. trashbag Win User

Reusing W10 Home product key after upgrading to W10 Pro

A long time ago I upgraded a computer from W10 Home to W10 Pro. This was a custom build and both the original W10 Home activation and the new W10 Pro activation were done via product keys ordered from Amazon.

No Microsoft account has ever been involved with either key. Back in May of this year I completely reinstalled Windows but I don't really recall if I had to reactivate the license or not.

And now I'm wondering if I could reuse the original W10 Home product key on another computer, and if it would affect the current W10 Pro activation in any way. Would the original Home product key still be tied to my main computer's motherboard or did that history get wiped when I upgraded to Pro?

trashbag, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

1. My computer died, I got the product key from it. How do I reuse it? - Similar Threads - computer died got

2. Product key reuse

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product key reuse: I recently purchased a Lenovo IdeaPad y580 for gaming purposes. It came preinstalled with windows 10 64 but which had been activated. Now most of the games I'm playing are old and are designed for 32 bit. Most run fine but some very important ones like Deadpool and others...
  3. Product key reuse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key reuse: I recently purchased a Lenovo IdeaPad y580 for gaming purposes. It came preinstalled with windows 10 64 but which had been activated. Now most of the games I'm playing are old and are designed for 32 bit. Most run fine but some very important ones like Deadpool and others...
  4. How do I reuse a Windows 11 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reuse a Windows 11 product key: Hi, I bought a new Windows product key and used it on a PC. However, the PC is defect and I will need to replace it. So, my question is: How do I reuse the product key on a new PC which is about to be installed with the Windows. I will receive it plain - with no Windows...
  5. How do I reuse a Windows 11 product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reuse a Windows 11 product key: Hi, I bought a new Windows product key and used it on a PC. However, the PC is defect and I will need to replace it. So, my question is: How do I reuse the product key on a new PC which is about to be installed with the Windows. I will receive it plain - with no Windows...
  6. Reusing a product key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reusing a product key.: Hi! I'm currently building a new AMD PC, due to my previous Intel PC being unusable. I was wondering is there anyway to disable the copy of windows on the old PC and use that key on the new one?...
  7. Reusing a product key.

Reusing a product key.: Hi! I'm currently building a new AMD PC, due to my previous Intel PC being unusable. I was wondering is there anyway to disable the copy of windows on the old PC and use that key on the new one?...
  8. How to reuse the genuine Product Key That I got with my window8 for activation of window...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reuse the genuine Product Key That I got with my window8 for activation of window...: Good day!I need help with my product key for the activation of my window. I have an old computer bought with window8 back in 2013. I did not update it to any version of window afterward and now my kid was experiencing difficulty installing python and pycharm and system was...
  9. How to reuse the genuine Product Key That I got with my window8 for activation of window...

How to reuse the genuine Product Key That I got with my window8 for activation of window...: Good day!I need help with my product key for the activation of my window. I have an old computer bought with window8 back in 2013. I did not update it to any version of window afterward and now my kid was experiencing difficulty installing python and pycharm and system was...
  10. reusing my product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    reusing my product key: If I purchase windows 10 License key now and I upgrade on the PC I'm using now. If I go buy a new PC a week from now am I able to reuse my windows 10 product key on the new PC I purchased????...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How do i reuse my microsoft product key on new computer if my computer dies