Windows 10: My computer disables microphone shortcut key does not work?

Discus and support My computer disables microphone shortcut key does not work? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer is ASUS ROG Strix Scar 15. There is a shortcut key to disable the microphone on the computer. When I press the button, the screen will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wade_Wu, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Wade_Wu Win User

My computer disables microphone shortcut key does not work?

My computer is ASUS ROG Strix Scar 15. There is a shortcut key to disable the microphone on the computer. When I press the button, the screen will prompt "microphone off". At this time, I cannot record when I speak. . But today when I press this button, the screen displays "Microphone off", but my voice will still be recorded. How can I solve this problem? thank you very much

:)

Wade_Wu, Apr 12, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Easy enable/disable microphone?

Hmmm... wonder if windows has a keyboard shortcut to do that, will research and get back.

There are quite a few keyboards out there that have volume control and mute right at your fingertips.

Edit: check this out "NirCmd" - look at the link for available arguments, there should be one for mic volume

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...-hotkey-to-mute-the-system-volume-in-windows/

Edit2: it's "changesysvolume" - use "microphone" as the second argument - look it up on the NirCmd refernce page.

Edit3: Lookie here, 1st answer has a .bat way to do it. Super key to pause, mute mic, and mute speakers in windows

Sasqui, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 12, 2021
  4. hellrazor Win User

Easy enable/disable microphone?

My bro just got a microphone and I was wondering if there's an easy way to enable or disable it. I know you can right click on the volume icon, click on select recording devices then select the microphone, then click properties, then click on levels, and mute it - but that's just way too many steps, I'm looking for a more obvious and much easier way to do it.

hellrazor, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

1. My computer disables microphone shortcut key does not work? - Similar Threads - computer disables microphone

2. Disabling Toggle Key Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Toggle Key Shortcut: I use Num Lock as a push to talk key in discord. If I hold it down longer than 5 seconds, I get a prompt to turn on toggle keys. I want to disable this shortcut but the link to disable this shortcut doesnt send me to anywhere I need to go.I want to be able to press num lock...
  3. Disabling shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling shortcut keys: Hi, It's been 30 years since I used Ctrl+Alt+f for typing [ .Now I can't do that anymore, as this shortcut is taken by the full screen command.I don't need the full screen command at all, but even if I would, there are plenty other ways to switch to that. What I do need...
  4. Disabling shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling shortcut keys: Hi, It's been 30 years since I used Ctrl+Alt+f for typing [ .Now I can't do that anymore, as this shortcut is taken by the full screen command.I don't need the full screen command at all, but even if I would, there are plenty other ways to switch to that. What I do need...
  5. Disabling shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. My microphone does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone does not work: Hi. I recently tried using my mic and it doesn't work; others cannot hear anything I say. I am currently using a Realtek HD Audio headset with a plug-in microphone. Neither the external nor the built-in microphone works. However, the microphone icon appears in the corner of...
  7. My microphone does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone does not work: Hi. I recently tried using my mic and it doesn't work; others cannot hear anything I say. I am currently using a Realtek HD Audio headset with a plug-in microphone. Neither the external nor the built-in microphone works. However, the microphone icon appears in the corner of...
  8. My microphone does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. My microphone does not work

My microphone does not work: For some reason my pc does not let my microphone work. It works good on other devices like my laptop, just not on my "big" pc. Its Windows 10 btw, so I just wanted to know maybe if I restart the whole pc deleting everything will it work then? I lately tried everything I read...
  10. My Microphone does not work

My Microphone does not work: My windows microphone do not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-does-not-work/ed79b939-4a88-4525-a407-00f7fadf3513

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gamers republic disable microphone short key