Windows 10: My computer disconnects my wired USB keyboard and mouse

Discus and support My computer disconnects my wired USB keyboard and mouse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I leave on a family vacation for a week and when I get back, My computer decides that functionality is for those who don't have lives and start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Carson Lewis, Jul 9, 2022.

1. My computer disconnects my wired USB keyboard and mouse

I leave on a family vacation for a week and when I get back, My computer decides that functionality is for those who don't have lives and start disconnecting my USB keyboard and mouse and reconnecting like nothing happened. This gets in the way all the time when I'm gaming. It does it during and outside of gaming sessions. I have read every guide on how to fix this problem and all of them didn't work.

:)

Carson Lewis, Jul 9, 2022

2. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10
    I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Jul 9, 2022
  3. Eaglepi Win User
    Logitech mouse and Keyboard issues

Thank you as well. I have no owned a corded mouse in 15 years or since they had wireless mice. Can I do the steps backwards, meaning do the keyboard first rather than the mouse since I will need a working mouse to do all this?

Eaglepi, Jul 9, 2022
  4. My computer disconnects my wired USB keyboard and mouse

keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 9, 2022
Thema:

My computer disconnects my wired USB keyboard and mouse

1. My computer disconnects my wired USB keyboard and mouse - Similar Threads - computer disconnects wired

2. USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly: The USB device icon appears on the status bar, and the keyboard disconnects and reconnects, while the devices stays connected meanwhile num lock light on, first I thought it to be a device hardware issue, bought a new keyboard, changed the USB port, front, back both...
  3. USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly: The USB device icon appears on the status bar, and the keyboard disconnects and reconnects, while the devices stays connected meanwhile num lock light on, first I thought it to be a device hardware issue, bought a new keyboard, changed the USB port, front, back both...
  4. USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My computer disconnects my wired USB keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer disconnects my wired USB keyboard and mouse: I leave on a family vacation for a week and when I get back, My computer decides that functionality is for those who don't have lives and start disconnecting my USB keyboard and mouse and reconnecting like nothing happened. This gets in the way all the time when I'm gaming....
  6. My computer disconnects my wired USB keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer disconnects my wired USB keyboard and mouse: I leave on a family vacation for a week and when I get back, My computer decides that functionality is for those who don't have lives and start disconnecting my USB keyboard and mouse and reconnecting like nothing happened. This gets in the way all the time when I'm gaming....
  7. Wired Mouse and Keyboard disconnecting and reconnecting.

Wired Mouse and Keyboard disconnecting and reconnecting.: I have a HyperX PulseFire Haste mouse and Redragon Kumara K552 keyboard that are both wired. They will occasionally disconnect for a second and then reconnect and the lights will go off as if they had been unplugged. In addition to that, the mouse will disconnect and...
  8. Usb Wireless mouse & keyboard keeps disconnecting and reconnecting in my pc

Usb Wireless mouse & keyboard keeps disconnecting and reconnecting in my pc: Hi I have a problem in my pc when i switched on my web cam in a zoom meeting the usb mouse and keyboard of my pc got disconnected and reconnected again So in fear i unplugged web cam and it stopped disconnecting and also before disconnecting and reconnecting my web...
  9. Wired keyboard and mouse keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wired keyboard and mouse keeps disconnecting: My mouse disconnect and reconnect randomly but when my keyboard is disconnect, i need unplug and plug it several times before it start work. Any solutions you know? submitted by /u/KontOlaf [link] [comments]...
  10. my wired mouse is not connecting to my computer

my wired mouse is not connecting to my computer: i dont know what to do my wired mouse isnt working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-wired-mouse-is-not-connecting-to-my-computer/4c974d8f-87a0-40fa-b3ac-ed799d8d8416