Windows 10: My computer disk barley leaves 100%

Discus and support My computer disk barley leaves 100% in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So long story to the shortest it can be; my computer was working great , i had a GTX 760 and i decided to upgrade to a GTX 1650. Eveything was going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Savvy555, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Savvy555 Win User

My computer disk barley leaves 100%

So long story to the shortest it can be; my computer was working great , i had a GTX 760 and i decided to upgrade to a GTX 1650. Eveything was going well and worked perfectly fine, but i was experiencing what I assumed was bottlenecking during when I was playing games, because my screen had a horizontal tear when I move too quickly or anything in game, so i had uograded my AMD RYZN 3 to now A AMD RYZEN 5 3600 6 core. I put it into my kotherboard , it wasnt worker , i looked around and me and my friend had concluded that it was becasue my bios on my pc werent updated for a 3000 series and we’re still on the 2000 series, which was what my last processer was. So now I’ve upgraded my graphics card, processor, and my bios & my current problem was my desk usage was at 100% for a little to no reason. Mainly ‘system’ was rhe reason why yes i tried pretty much eveything in the book , nothing worked to fix so i thought maybe because my hdd we’re so old maybe I should just upgrade and get a newer version. So I bought a new HDD WD 1tb and I said it up and it comes up in my task manager but nothing runs on it, I tried transferring everything over to it and pretty much everything transferred besides the widows , i found out that you can’t transfer windows you have to clone it and when I tried to clone it , it did not work. I mainly just want widnows on it so i could boot my pc up on my new hard drive in which it still will not let me boot on . So now that alll of that has set , ive lost hope on fixing it , as of RIGHT NOW and knowing the back story

My issue right now is that most of the time my disk for no reason because of system is at 100% & 8/10 my cpu fan is halling **** even when it is only at 45°c. Yes ive tried to change the settings in the bios to scilent fan but it doesnt change anything when outside of the bios.

My specs are:

CPU: Amd Ryzen 5 3600x 6-core processor

Ram: 16GB 2x8gb

Disk 1 the one my pc wont boot on or take anymore then 5% disk usage if not at 0 : WDC WD1003FZEX-00K3CA0

Disk 2 the one at 100% usage most of the time : Hitachi HDE721010SLA330

GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650

Motherboard : Gigabyte A320M-S2H

:)

Savvy555, Jun 10, 2020

2. Laptop Disk 100%

Hi Geo,

There a several possible reasons as to why your computer would stop responding correctly when you leave it idle for a certain amount of time, For us to resolve you concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any recent changes made on you computer before this started happening?
    • Were there any updates installed last night while you were using the computer?

You can also refer to this
    link
    for troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jun 10, 2020
  3. TimGrandt Win User
    Clean install, disk usage at 100%

I've seen that article. and I am in fact not running that driver. I followed the steps and it does not appear in the list.

TimGrandt, Jun 10, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

100% Disk usage

Hi Genisis

Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc)

Leave that window open to monitor your system

Click on the Disk column header so that arrow faces down

When your Disk is at 100%, what are the top 5 processes listed at that time?

DaveM121, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

1. My computer disk barley leaves 100% - Similar Threads - computer disk barley

2. 100% percent disk usage on computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% percent disk usage on computer: I have tried everything. I set the MSI value to 0, disabled windows search, disabled Sysmain, I ran a disk check, made sure the drivers and windows was updated, disabled telemetry, disabled startup apps, reset the virtual memory, ran a malware scan, and then checked my drives...
  3. Computer slow and disk at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer slow and disk at 100%: I have Windows 10. My computer has been running very slowly, often with quite a lag. Even writing that first sentence, I had to wait several seconds while the computer caught up with my typing. Opening task manager, I see that my disk is often at or near 100%. I have included...
  4. Computer slow and disk at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer slow and disk at 100%: I have Windows 10. My computer has been running very slowly, often with quite a lag. Even writing that first sentence, I had to wait several seconds while the computer caught up with my typing. Opening task manager, I see that my disk is often at or near 100%. I have included...
  5. Computer slow and disk at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Computer Stuck at 100% Disk Repair

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Stuck at 100% Disk Repair: Hello! I just attempted to wake up my computer to check the time for my final tomorrow, and it started to scan and repair some drives on my computer. It took a while to work through a SD card I have attached for some light backups, but it’s been stuck at 100% for repairing my...
  7. Disk usage constantly at 100% on computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk usage constantly at 100% on computer: My kid has an HP Pavillion running Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 with 8GB of RAM and i5 processors. In task manager disk usage is constantly at 100%, with the Microsoft "Runtime Broker" always at the top. The computer is constantly slow due to this issue. One of the things...
  8. My computer's disk being at 100% very often.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer's disk being at 100% very often.: Some context: Me and my brother both have the same computer, the Acer Nitro AN515-42, mine is year to a year and a half older than his, yet his performs much better than my computer. For example when we're playing Fortnite He plays at medium to high graphics and gets a pretty...
  9. Computer is slow and disk is always at 100%?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer is slow and disk is always at 100%?: So I got my first assembled computer in 2018, worked perfectly fine at first but has slowed down considerably since the beginning. I still can use it fine, but if possible I'd rather have it as fast as it can be. Starting it up takes a couple of minutes, and after that I...
  10. 100% Disk Usage Slow Computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% Disk Usage Slow Computer: System Spec Computer type:Laptop System Manufacturer/Model Number:HP Envy Touchsmart 15 OS:Windows 10 CPU:Intel Core i7 4700mq Memory:16 GB Graphics Card(s):Nvidia Hey all, My computer has been running slow and this is the last try before I assume that the...