Windows 10: my computer does not detect an hdmi eternal device

Discus and support my computer does not detect an hdmi eternal device in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to connect my computer to display on a projector using my hdmi port. It appears my computer is not automatically detecting the hdmi device.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JULIAFOX, Sep 17, 2018.

1. JULIAFOX Win User

my computer does not detect an hdmi eternal device

I am trying to connect my computer to display on a projector using my hdmi port. It appears my computer is not automatically detecting the hdmi device.

:)

JULIAFOX, Sep 17, 2018

2. cant detect tv with hdmi

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community and welcome to Windows 10 family.

Please try with these steps:

1. Right click on the Desktop.

2. Choose Screen Resolution.

3. Let’s see if TV has been detected. If not, press “Detect” button.

Also go through the below steps:

Step1:

Choose the connection for video output. If your computer has an HDMI port, otherwise, you will need to make a few decisions. If your computer has only a single video output, and it will not be used solely with the television, you may want to invest in a
    new video card. Purchase one with either a DVI or an HDMI output, and install it in an available slot, according the instructions included with it. If you intend to use the VGA output on a single-output or dual-output card to drive the HDMI display, then a
    special device will be needed to convert between the formats, and the price of the converter is actually about the same price as an entry-level video card that will be easier to use with your TV. In that case, it may be a wise idea to upgrade the card in order
    to obtain a DVI or HDMI port. However, if your chosen output port is of the DVI variety, an inexpensive DVI to HDMI cable can be purchased to convert your computer's output into the proper HDMI input for your TV.

Step 2:

Connect the HDMI cable from your television to your computer. Install the correct adapter or converter for your computer, if necessary. Unless your computer has HDMI output, cords will also need to be connected from the sound card output to the HDMI video
    cable or adapter, because HDMI carries both video and audio signals.

Step 3:

1. Boot your PC, and configure the new display,

2. Go to "Control Panel" from the "Start" Menu.

3. Double-click the "Display" icon and click the "Settings" tab.

The manual for your HDMI TV will list the screen resolutions it supports, along with the refresh rates.

Configure the resolution in the "Settings" tab, and then click the "Advanced" button to set the refresh rate.

If you are using the HDMI TV as the second monitor, you will also have to configure how it is used by Windows, according to the instructions pertaining to your video card. Most cards offer a "Clone" or "Mirror" mode, where both screens display the same content.
    Alternately, the "Extended Desktop" mode can be used, in which each monitor will operate independently.

Hope this helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Sep 17, 2018
  3. erocker Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Sep 17, 2018
  4. my computer does not detect an hdmi eternal device

HDMI Port Stopped Working

I generally use a second monitor via an HDMI cable while working. However, it stopped working today.

I checked these:

• Windows cannot detect a second monitor when HDMI cable is connected to the second monitor.
    • HDMI cable which I use works if another device is connected to the second monitor.
    • My computer detects my HDMI-to-VGA converter through HDMI port.

My computer runs Windows 10 Home with latest updates installed.

I suspect this is due to a driver error. How can I fix this problem?

yildizabdullah, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

my computer does not detect an hdmi eternal device

1. my computer does not detect an hdmi eternal device - Similar Threads - computer does detect

2. My computer does not detect a specific WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer does not detect a specific WiFi: Hello, My computer Thinkpad Lenovo does not detect a particular WiFi connexion. It works well on my phone so I do not know what I have to do. Please help me. Thank you....
  3. My computer does not detect a specific WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer does not detect a specific WiFi: Hello, My computer Thinkpad Lenovo does not detect a particular WiFi connexion. It works well on my phone so I do not know what I have to do. Please help me. Thank you....
  4. My computer does not detect a specific WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. HDMI cable not detected by computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI cable not detected by computer: I want to connect to a monitor or TV with HDMI. No signal to either. Monitor says "no signal coming from your computer".I have tried with no success:HDMI directly into Nvidia 980 HDMI slotHDMI directly into motherboard slot, Intel i6700k with integrated graphicsHDMI...
  6. HDMI cable not detected by computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI cable not detected by computer: I want to connect to a monitor or TV with HDMI. No signal to either. Monitor says "no signal coming from your computer".I have tried with no success:HDMI directly into Nvidia 980 HDMI slotHDMI directly into motherboard slot, Intel i6700k with integrated graphicsHDMI...
  7. HDMI cable not detected by computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows does not detect my audio devices

Windows does not detect my audio devices: I can currently not play sound on my computer; the icon on the task bar has a red X saying "No audio Output Device is installed." The troubleshooter finds one issue: "Check audio device"; "There might be a problem with your audio device." However, I am sure that the issue is...
  9. HDMI Audio device not detected in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    HDMI Audio device not detected in Windows 10: [ATTACH]HDMI is a standard that allows sending uncompressed audio and video data from one […] This article HDMI Audio device not detected in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Bluetooth Does Not Detect Devices

Bluetooth Does Not Detect Devices: After reinstalling the Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update 1809, my ASUS R554L's Bluetooth 4.0 does not detect any devices. It will just endlessly scan for devices, but to no avail. I'm AR94x Wireless Network Adapter with BT4.0 support. Drivers are from 3/12/2018. For some...