Windows 10: My computer does not detect my AMD Graphics Card

Discus and support My computer does not detect my AMD Graphics Card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had just updated my Windows 10 Home to OS Build 18362.959. Before this, my PC detected my AMD R9 M290X graphics card just fine. I left it on sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JonathanTan_8, Jul 15, 2020.

1. My computer does not detect my AMD Graphics Card

I had just updated my Windows 10 Home to OS Build 18362.959. Before this, my PC detected my AMD R9 M290X graphics card just fine. I left it on sleep mode and returned a few hours later. Afterwards, I uninstalled my display driver as it was out of date, before restarting the PC. I assumed that Windows would autoinstall the driver, but I noticed that the display adapter under Device Manager was "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". I then went to the AMD website to install the driver for my graphics card, but the auto-detection software "did not detect AMD hardware".

I think this has to do with the Windows 10 update, any solutions would be mich appreciated

:)

JonathanTan_8, Jul 15, 2020
  2. michelAgu Win User

windows 10 is not detecting my APU AMD A10-9700 graphic card

Hello,

I've an asrock mother board (ab350 itx/Ac) and an AMD APU (a10-9700E)

and no way to detect my graphic card as a Radeon R7, it's still named "basic windows card" in the device list.

I tried several versions of the AMD drivers for APU A series with no success

everytime I re-install everything I use a soft to clean everything.

Is there something I miss in the BIOS or anywhere ?

thank for your help

Michel

michelAgu, Jul 15, 2020
  3. AndreePin Win User
    graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jul 15, 2020
  4. My computer does not detect my AMD Graphics Card

Windows is not detecting my AMD Radeon HD 6550M Graphics Card? HELP!

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

Please answer these questions to assist you in a better way:

1) Did you install the AMD Catalyst drivers from the AMD website? Which version did you install?

2) What are the recent changes that you have made to the computer prior to this issue?

Please try the following methods and check if that resolves the issue.

Method 1: Run the Hardware Troubleshooter

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues and provides the details on how to fix them. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

• Open Control Panel and type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    Please check the troubleshooter report and let’s know the details. You may also try the suggestions given by the troubleshooter and check if that helps. If that doesn’t help, then try the next method.

Method 2: Uninstall the Graphics card driver

• Open Device Manager”.
    • Search for the Graphics Card device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for
      this device
      ” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please open the Device Manager again and then click on the “Scan for hardware changes” button. Check if Windows 8 detects the Graphics Card device and installs
      an appropriate driver automatically.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

My computer does not detect my AMD Graphics Card

1. My computer does not detect my AMD Graphics Card - Similar Threads - computer does detect

2. Graphics card not detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics card not detected.: I cleaned my gpu now im having this problem. The last error message it gave me is this.Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_699F&SUBSYS_0B041002&REV_C7\4&465b5c5&0&0008 had a problem starting.Driver Name: oem13.infClass Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}Service: amdwddmgLower...
  3. Graphics card not detected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics card not detected.: I cleaned my gpu now im having this problem. The last error message it gave me is this.Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_699F&SUBSYS_0B041002&REV_C7\4&465b5c5&0&0008 had a problem starting.Driver Name: oem13.infClass Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}Service: amdwddmgLower...
  4. Windows 11 does not detect my Nvidia graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not detect my Nvidia graphics card: Hi,I have been using Windows 11 for quite some time, Suddenly one day I see my secondary Nvidia graphics card is not detected. Its not displayed in Device manager even if I select "show hidden devices". Also, in device manager below System component is showing error code...
  5. Windows 11 does not detect my Nvidia graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 does not detect my Nvidia graphics card: Hi,I have been using Windows 11 for quite some time, Suddenly one day I see my secondary Nvidia graphics card is not detected. Its not displayed in Device manager even if I select "show hidden devices". Also, in device manager below System component is showing error code...
  6. AMD Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Graphics Card: Hello, I have an issue with my windows 10 laptop. It has an AMD Radeon 520 - 2GB Graphics Card. Yet on device manager it says I have AMD Radeon R5 M435. I'm assuming this is a 4GB card hence when I play GTAV it says I have a 4GB and gameplay gets really choppy.When I...
  7. MY LAPTOP IS UNABLE TO DETECT THE GRAPHIC CARD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MY LAPTOP IS UNABLE TO DETECT THE GRAPHIC CARD: I bought a new laptop few months back which has windows 10, intel core i7 9th generation with NVIDIA RTX 2070 graphic card.Everything was working fine and I could use 3d designing and rendering softwares. Recently, after I updated windows, it started giving error messages and...
  8. AMD or NVIDIA Graphics Card not detected on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    AMD or NVIDIA Graphics Card not detected on Windows 10: [ATTACH]A graphics card is computer hardware that is responsible for displaying the image you see on your computer screen. It is a great way of […] This article AMD or NVIDIA Graphics Card not detected on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Windows 10 does not detect the graphic card AMD Radeon HD7650A

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 does not detect the graphic card AMD Radeon HD7650A: Since I installed Windows 10 in my Inspiration One 2330 the graphic card AMD Radeon HD7650A is not detected. For the last three months I have been reading about this issue and suggestions resolve it. Unfortunately, the problem persisted after I followed the suggestions posted...
  10. Graphic Card not detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphic Card not detected: I uninstalled by mistake my AMD R7 370 from Device Manager and now I have only my integrated graphics. I tried : 1.DDU+ I've extracted the graphics card from slot and putting it back + connecting the cable . No results , my graphics card does't appear on device manager or in...