Windows 10: My computer does not recognize my microphone.

Discus and support My computer does not recognize my microphone. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having this problem for a while and I have tried everything. I have a Razer Headset, with a TRRS Connector, my computer only accepts TRRS It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by William Hogsett, Feb 28, 2021.

1. My computer does not recognize my microphone.

I've been having this problem for a while and I have tried everything. I have a Razer Headset, with a TRRS Connector, my computer only accepts TRRS It is an ASUS Predator Helios. I will get proper audio and everything, but whenever I attempt to properly set up the microphone aspect of it, the device manager and sound managers will not recognize it as having a microphone. Is there any way to fix the issue?

:)

William Hogsett, Feb 28, 2021

2. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

My computer does not recognize my microphone. [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

I would assume I am using the Dell provided Realtek sound Drivers. Im not entirely sure though. Heres what I see in the same spot as your two images. The microphone that is disabled is the inbuilt microphone next to the webcam.

Aaeeschylus, Feb 28, 2021
  4. fireberd Win User

My computer does not recognize my microphone.

Computer won't recognize headset microphone

That looks OK.
    This is what I'm seeing in my Recording Panel and Device Manager. You should have something similar.
    Just trying to get this part straight away. Are you using the Dell provided Realtek sound drivers?

fireberd, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

My computer does not recognize my microphone.

1. My computer does not recognize my microphone. - Similar Threads - computer does recognize

2. why does my computer not recognize my speakers and microphone? no audio available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does my computer not recognize my speakers and microphone? no audio available: how do i get my speakers working again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-not-recognize-my-speakers-and/7c757510-b55e-42a3-8e48-a75bddb53708
  3. why does my computer not recognize my speakers and microphone? no audio available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my computer not recognize my speakers and microphone? no audio available: how do i get my speakers working again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-not-recognize-my-speakers-and/7c757510-b55e-42a3-8e48-a75bddb53708
  4. why does my computer not recognize my speakers and microphone? no audio available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my computer does not recognize the printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer does not recognize the printer: my computer does not recognize the printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-does-not-recognize-the-printer/602243fe-3efa-4d92-81a3-749c5c697f1c
  6. my computer does not recognize the printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer does not recognize the printer: my computer does not recognize the printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-does-not-recognize-the-printer/602243fe-3efa-4d92-81a3-749c5c697f1c
  7. My laptop does not recognize the microphone of my headsets

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop does not recognize the microphone of my headsets: I have a sony vaio, I've done everything and I can't get my laptop to recognize the microphone on my headsets.Pleae help submitted by /u/Metropol0914 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l7el0s/my_laptop_does_not_recognize_the_microphone_of_my/
  8. Windows does not recognize my headphones though it recognizes my headphone's microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows does not recognize my headphones though it recognizes my headphone's microphone: idk when it had happened but at some point, maybe after an update, my laptop just stopped recognizing my headphones. When I delete realtec drivers it reboots the system and my laptop actually detects my headphones and I can switch between the speakers and the headphones. The...
  9. headphones built in microphone not recognized by my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    headphones built in microphone not recognized by my computer: So im having this problem with my pc. So one day i woke up and my pc was being kinda slow so i restarted it and then i couldn't talk to my friends. i do use the built in mic in my laptop to talk and dont use my headphones. this has been happening since about the middle of...
  10. My Windows 10 Computer is Not Recognizing My Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Windows 10 Computer is Not Recognizing My Microphone: I have a Windows 10 Lenovo PC. I am using a BM-800 microphone. I have looked pretty much everywhere for a solution. My computer is not registering my microphone. I have scanned for devices, and done troubleshooting (I think it was the right category?) In fact, when I plug it...