Windows 10: My computer does not shutdown completely

Discus and support My computer does not shutdown completely in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have had this problem ever since I built my computer, when I shut down my pc, either from the windows menu or the power button on the case, windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jackasel, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Jackasel Win User

My computer does not shutdown completely

I have had this problem ever since I built my computer, when I shut down my pc, either from the windows menu or the power button on the case, windows will shut down but all the hardware on the computer will stay running as if i only turned off the monitors.

:)

Jackasel, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Ernie San Win User

Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Sep 9, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My computer does not shutdown completely :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Johann Eva Win User

The computer shutdown itself restart?

Hi Tín,

A computer can shutdown based on the instructions given to its power settings. If you are using a laptop, there’s an option that when you are just closing a lid, it can shutdown your computer.
    To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution to your concern, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What activity are you performing that may trigger to shutdown your computer?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot of your power settings?
    • Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. My computer does not shutdown completely - Similar Threads - computer does shutdown

2. my computer doesn't shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my computer doesn't shutdown: Hi, i have a problem with shutting down If i click on shutdown button in start, windows saying: shutting down. g.exe prevents shutdown i clicked shutdown again. I see black screen on monitor. After 1 minute computer is still on. And after 3 minutes pc himself turn on...
  3. Cortana is Completely off my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana is Completely off my computer: Cortana has been removed from my laptop, any help would be much appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_social/cortana-is-completely-off-my-computer/de458f67-8510-4d79-b6b9-97335ff3219c
  4. My computer keeps completely freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer keeps completely freezing: It's been about a week since the problem has started and I should mentioned this a new computer I built for the purpose of gaming. When I first had the problem I was playing a game called Black Desert Online and since then it freezes 5-10 after depending on what I am doing....
  5. My computer shutdown suddenly.

My computer shutdown suddenly.: Hello. My Laptop HP 620 with Windows 10 Home suddenly shutdown with enough battery . I've checked the events and it shows the event 524 Source Kernel-Power. Nombre de registro:System Origen: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Fecha: 24/06/2018 22:03:42...
  6. Computer shutdown

Computer shutdown: my pc using windows 10 will start fine, but then will unexpectedly close after 5-10 minutes. Then when restarted it runs fine. What is the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/computer-shutdown/c8d24f1f-8d5b-4a22-972a-26b3a7c05a4c
  7. Taking complete control (permissions) of my computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Taking complete control (permissions) of my computer: I have tried many different tutorials from the tutorial page here on this site, but much of it is confusing to say the least. I am the only user on this Dell 9010 refurbed computer running windows 10 Pro. Why is my name not shown on the navigation pane under Local Disk...
  8. Computer does not shutdown since i installed windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer does not shutdown since i installed windows 10: Hi! I recently installed windows 10 in my computer, but i got a problem : my computer does not fully shutdown when i click the shut down button in the start menu, it just closes apps, screen turns black, but the pc is still on and i can say this because keyboards lights are...
  9. Winsat does not complete

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Winsat does not complete: I just installed Windows 10 x64 Enterprise, updated the drivers, and installed all Windows Updates. I then decided to run winsat but it doesn't complete. The error is: Error in saving results to the datastore exe\main.cpp(5010) I have 6 files in the...
  10. Shutdown does not 'Poweroff' computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown does not 'Poweroff' computer: Some system details:— home built system, ASUS P8Z77-V mobo with latest (2104) BIOS, 16GB RAM, Gigabyte NVidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti video card driving primary and secondary monitors, Gigabyte NVidia GeForce 210 video card driving monitor 3, 3 x 3TB HDD, 2 x 250GB SSD, 1 x 120GB...