Windows 10: My computer does not shutdown completely

Discus and support My computer does not shutdown completely in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have had this problem ever since I built my computer, when I shut down my pc, either from the windows menu or the power button on the case, windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jackasel, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Jackasel Win User

My computer does not shutdown completely

I have had this problem ever since I built my computer, when I shut down my pc, either from the windows menu or the power button on the case, windows will shut down but all the hardware on the computer will stay running as if i only turned off the monitors.

:)

Jackasel, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Ernie San Win User

Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Sep 9, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My computer does not shutdown completely :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 9, 2018
  4. My computer does not shutdown completely

The computer shutdown itself restart?

Hi Tín,

A computer can shutdown based on the instructions given to its power settings. If you are using a laptop, there’s an option that when you are just closing a lid, it can shutdown your computer.
    To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution to your concern, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What activity are you performing that may trigger to shutdown your computer?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot of your power settings?
    • Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

My computer does not shutdown completely

1. My computer does not shutdown completely - Similar Threads - computer does shutdown

2. windows 11 Computer Randomly Blackscreens, as in completely shutdown with no warning, and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 Computer Randomly Blackscreens, as in completely shutdown with no warning, and...: exactly what the title says, my windows computer for some reason, randomly without warning will completely shutdown without warning, no error pop up, nothing, before it gets stuck in a restart shutdown loop with me being unable to anything except shutdown the computer with...
  3. My Surface laptop 3 does not completely shutdown

My Surface laptop 3 does not completely shutdown: I have a new installation of windows 11 on my Surface Laptop 3. My Surface laptop has recently stopped shutting down completely. The shutdown screen appears normally as it should and after a couple of seconds the screen turns off and also any led that was left on Caps or Fn....
  4. My Surface laptop 3 does not completely shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Surface laptop 3 does not completely shutdown: I have a new installation of windows 11 on my Surface Laptop 3. My Surface laptop has recently stopped shutting down completely. The shutdown screen appears normally as it should and after a couple of seconds the screen turns off and also any led that was left on Caps or Fn....
  5. Why does my Computer Flash and then Shutdown?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Computer Flash and then Shutdown?: This is happening commonly and it's getting quite annoying. My computer flashes into a bunch of colors everywhere, an then the screen goes back to normal. But everything stops responding, and I have to do a force shutdown. At first I thought it was an issue with my graphics...
  6. Why does my Computer Flash and then Shutdown?

Why does my Computer Flash and then Shutdown?: This is happening commonly and it's getting quite annoying. My computer flashes into a bunch of colors everywhere, an then the screen goes back to normal. But everything stops responding, and I have to do a force shutdown. At first I thought it was an issue with my graphics...
  7. My ASUS laptop does not shutdown completely

My ASUS laptop does not shutdown completely: Hi! My Laptop encountered a problem recently.A month ago, I was editing on my laptop, then I had to leave it because I was doing something. So I decided to unplug it and left it for a while.I didn't remember that I had unplugged my laptop and it shuts down on itself. When I...
  8. My ASUS laptop does not shutdown completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ASUS laptop does not shutdown completely: Hi! My Laptop encountered a problem recently.A month ago, I was editing on my laptop, then I had to leave it because I was doing something. So I decided to unplug it and left it for a while.I didn't remember that I had unplugged my laptop and it shuts down on itself. When I...
  9. Why does my computer completely slow down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my computer completely slow down.: Occasionally, usually while I use Spotify my computer's audio and general performance will start to crack, pop, and slow to a crawl. Does anyone know how to fix this and/or the causes of this issue?...
  10. Shutdown does not 'Poweroff' computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown does not 'Poweroff' computer: Some system details:— home built system, ASUS P8Z77-V mobo with latest (2104) BIOS, 16GB RAM, Gigabyte NVidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti video card driving primary and secondary monitors, Gigabyte NVidia GeForce 210 video card driving monitor 3, 3 x 3TB HDD, 2 x 250GB SSD, 1 x 120GB...