Windows 10: My computer doesn't go to sleep

Discus and support My computer doesn't go to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hey guys, so i'm having a weird issue with my machine. it works great, i actually just reinstalled windows about two weeks ago but it seems the sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Vicious_00, May 14, 2020.

1. My computer doesn't go to sleep

hey guys, so i'm having a weird issue with my machine. it works great, i actually just reinstalled windows about two weeks ago but it seems the sleep doesn't work.

what i mean is going to sleep after 20 minutes, turning off display, not even the screen saver works.

things i tried : created a new power plan with all the timers, i have screen saver activated after 1 minute still nothing, tried trouble shooting the power management, updated to the latest, disabled the "wake computer" on every peripherals

if i go by what it says in the UI of all options, my machine should go into screen saver mode after 1 min, display close after 10 min, hdd after 20, sleep after 30 but nothing happens. it just runs all the time unless i put it to sleep myself.

any advice would be appreciated.

:)

Vicious_00, May 14, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

My computer doesn't go to sleep [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 14, 2020
  3. Bagoguts Win User
    Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, May 14, 2020
  4. CyrrusV Win User

My computer doesn't go to sleep

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, May 14, 2020
Thema:

My computer doesn't go to sleep

1. My computer doesn't go to sleep - Similar Threads - computer doesn't sleep

2. Computer not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not going to sleep: I have my computer set to sleep for 30 mins. I leave it for an hour and yet it still open. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-not-going-to-sleep/c242c1df-06c6-4e53-b262-15de440e553e
  3. PC Doesn't Go To Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Doesn't Go To Sleep: Hello,I have a windows 10. I'm having issues where my computer doesn't go to sleep for the second time. Let me explain, when my computer is turned on and then I put it to sleep, it does go to sleep. However, when I wake my computer back on and then put it back to sleep again,...
  4. Computer doesn't go to sleep

Computer doesn't go to sleep: Greetings, My computer is no longer going to sleep by itself. I can force it to sleep by clicking Start > Power > Sleep, but I would like to find why sleep mode is no longer working and fix it. I ran System File Checker. It said "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt...
  5. My computer doesn't shut down, hibernate, or go into sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer doesn't shut down, hibernate, or go into sleep mode.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Nathan00023 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hl4y5r/my_computer_doesnt_shut_down_hibernate_or_go_into/
  6. My Computer not going to Sleep

My Computer not going to Sleep: Good Morning, I've been having issues getting my computer to sleep automatically. I've configured my desktop to sleep after 15 minutes of being idle and it won't sleep. I go through the advance settings to make sure that apps won't interfere with my computer sleeping. I use...
  7. Windows 10 computer doesn't go to sleep or hibernate

Windows 10 computer doesn't go to sleep or hibernate: I have a Lenovo desktop that will not go into sleep or hibernate mode. When I select sleep or hibernate from the start menu the display goes to sleep but the pc continues to run. I have tried formating the hard drive and installing a new copy of the OS and have all the latest...
  8. Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep: My kids laptop. Completely messed when it comes to sleeping. It will not go to sleep on its own despite having the power options set the same as all my others. Display doesn't even go off. So we manually put it to sleep. That worked for a while but now it wakes up on its own....
  9. Computer doesn't go to sleep!

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer doesn't go to sleep!: Hi! My computer doesn't go to sleep. My monitor turn off as i want but the pc not rather, i notice that power consumption pass from 24W to 27-30W. Therefore i use Windows Performance analyzer and i find that after 100s, the process "logonUI.exe" start and use 2/3% of my...
  10. Computer doesn't go to sleep after fan installation

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer doesn't go to sleep after fan installation: I have a similar issue where my PC will NOT turn off my screens after the default time I set. I can set it again and it works for a bit, then it quits working. Try setting up your sleep timers and all again. See if it works then.