Windows 10: My computer doesnt recognize my password. I can sign on to Microsoft online no problem.

Discus and support My computer doesnt recognize my password. I can sign on to Microsoft online no problem. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I dont have multiple keyboards. I have been using computers since I was 10 years old. Why are problems like this so consistent with Microsoft. I owned... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by eli garf, May 24, 2023.

1. eli garf Win User

My computer doesnt recognize my password. I can sign on to Microsoft online no problem.

I dont have multiple keyboards. I have been using computers since I was 10 years old. Why are problems like this so consistent with Microsoft. I owned a Apple Mac Book Air for eleven years and never had a single issue. Anyway I digress, how am I able to sign into Microsoft account online but not my computer. They should be the same password. I also tried my 4 digit code I use to log in every day I turn my computer on and it doesnt work either.

:)

eli garf, May 24, 2023

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, May 24, 2023
  3. Can't sign in to windows with the same password by which I am able to sign in to my Microsoft account

Hi Anurag,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in Microsoft account settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "windows using the same password", are you getting any error message when you enter the password?
    • Have you checked the issue while entering with a different keyboard?
    • Were you connected the computer to a internet connection while logging into the computer with Microsoft account?
    • When you say that "resetting the password.", have you tried to reset the password from Microsoft website?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to enter the password through different keyboard and through On-screen keyboard. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to try entering the password with a different password.

Step 2: I recommend you to check the internet connect of the computer and make sure that internet is available for the computer while enter the Microsoft password.

Step 3: I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft account and check if it helps.

How to reset your Microsoft account password:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us.../how-to-reset-your-microsoft-account-password

Please get back to us with an update on issue with issue with logging into Microsoft Account, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 24, 2023
  4. My computer doesnt recognize my password. I can sign on to Microsoft online no problem.

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, May 24, 2023
Thema:

My computer doesnt recognize my password. I can sign on to Microsoft online no problem.

1. My computer doesnt recognize my password. I can sign on to Microsoft online no problem. - Similar Threads - computer doesnt recognize

2. My computer doesnt recognize my password. I can sign on to Microsoft online no problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer doesnt recognize my password. I can sign on to Microsoft online no problem.: I dont have multiple keyboards. I have been using computers since I was 10 years old. Why are problems like this so consistent with Microsoft. I owned a Apple Mac Book Air for eleven years and never had a single issue. Anyway I digress, how am I able to sign into Microsoft...
  3. My computer doesnt recognize my password. I can sign on to Microsoft online no problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer doesnt recognize my password. I can sign on to Microsoft online no problem.: I dont have multiple keyboards. I have been using computers since I was 10 years old. Why are problems like this so consistent with Microsoft. I owned a Apple Mac Book Air for eleven years and never had a single issue. Anyway I digress, how am I able to sign into Microsoft...
  4. My new computer does not recognize my Microsoft account, however I can sign into it on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new computer does not recognize my Microsoft account, however I can sign into it on my...: My new computer does not recognize my Microsoft account, however I can sign into it on my phone and old computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-new-computer-does-not-recognize-my-microsoft/7fcde615-959f-417b-ad79-6226dde8ad80
  5. My new computer does not recognize my Microsoft account, however I can sign into it on my...

My new computer does not recognize my Microsoft account, however I can sign into it on my...: My new computer does not recognize my Microsoft account, however I can sign into it on my phone and old computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-new-computer-does-not-recognize-my-microsoft/7fcde615-959f-417b-ad79-6226dde8ad80
  6. Why is my computer password suddenly asking for microsoft online password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer password suddenly asking for microsoft online password?: My microsoft online password has always been different from my physical computer password. I had changed passwords on microsoft online recently for work and now my old computer password doesnt work. I can only login using the finger scan. How do i change this?...
  7. Why is my computer password suddenly asking for microsoft online password?

Why is my computer password suddenly asking for microsoft online password?: My microsoft online password has always been different from my physical computer password. I had changed passwords on microsoft online recently for work and now my old computer password doesnt work. I can only login using the finger scan. How do i change this?...
  8. Booting into command prompt doesnt recognize my password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting into command prompt doesnt recognize my password: As stated in the title, when I try to boot into command prompt mode, it asks for my Microsoft account password, but when I provide the password, it's saying it is wrong. I've reset the password, updated the user info in settings, but with no success....
  9. Booting into command prompt doesnt recognize my password

Booting into command prompt doesnt recognize my password: As stated in the title, when I try to boot into command prompt mode, it asks for my Microsoft account password, but when I provide the password, it's saying it is wrong. I've reset the password, updated the user info in settings, but with no success....
  10. I can sign into my microsoft account online no problem but my computer keeps saying "that...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can sign into my microsoft account online no problem but my computer keeps saying "that...: So when I go to use that email address to make a new account, it then tells me it already exists.I've been working on this problem for months. I can't log onto anything Microsoft wise directly through my computer, only through a browser. This all happened after I changed my...