Windows 10: My computer doesn't show a HDMI cable but says shutting down monitor

Discus and support My computer doesn't show a HDMI cable but says shutting down monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently switched cables from DVI to HDMI. My computer doesn't automatically switch to the HDMI but says 'no cable connected' yet when I manually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LKS517, Nov 14, 2018.

1. LKS517 Win User

My computer doesn't show a HDMI cable but says shutting down monitor

I recently switched cables from DVI to HDMI. My computer doesn't automatically switch to the HDMI but says 'no cable connected' yet when I manually switch on the monitor, the HDMI is active. What do I need to do to get the HDMI detected on boot?

:)

LKS517, Nov 14, 2018

2. HDMI to DVI Monitor Will Not Play Audio

This is complicated. I started out having a simple television monitor, connected to a VGA cable to my computer. Recently, I decided to have dual monitors. I got an HDMI cable and a HDMI to DVI converter because my computer doesn't have a HDMI port. After
    plugging everything in, setting up, I had two monitors: the television, and a secondary screen. Putting audio through right from the pc works, or simply plugging earphones into the audio jack on the computer. The television, however, does not play sound anymore.
    I updated, disabled, did everything for the drivers. Didn't seem to work. I'm not sure if I should still connect the audio cable from the television to the back of the computer, since HDMI cables support both audio and video. When I right click playback devices,
    and check disabled and disconnected devices, HDMI does not show up at all. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Do I need an audio cable, or is the HDMI cable enough?

I'm currently using the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on an HP Pavilion Desktop Computer.

Thanks! Any help will be appreciated!

ThomasChen_395, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Bagoguts Win User
    Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, Nov 14, 2018
  4. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

1. My computer doesn't show a HDMI cable but says shutting down monitor - Similar Threads - computer doesn't show

2. HDMI cable not detected by computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI cable not detected by computer: I want to connect to a monitor or TV with HDMI. No signal to either. Monitor says "no signal coming from your computer".I have tried with no success:HDMI directly into Nvidia 980 HDMI slotHDMI directly into motherboard slot, Intel i6700k with integrated graphicsHDMI...
  3. HDMI cable not detected by computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI cable not detected by computer: I want to connect to a monitor or TV with HDMI. No signal to either. Monitor says "no signal coming from your computer".I have tried with no success:HDMI directly into Nvidia 980 HDMI slotHDMI directly into motherboard slot, Intel i6700k with integrated graphicsHDMI...
  4. HDMI cable not detected by computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop shut down often while connecting to a hdmi cable

Laptop shut down often while connecting to a hdmi cable: Last year i use hdmi to monitor had no problem.I had this problem already for a couple weeks. When i connected to the hdmi cable my laptop will shutdown by itself even though when i am just only using google or zoom.My laptop resolution was 1366x768 and when i connected to...
  6. Laptop shut down often while connecting to a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shut down often while connecting to a hdmi cable: Last year i use hdmi to monitor had no problem.I had this problem already for a couple weeks. When i connected to the hdmi cable my laptop will shutdown by itself even though when i am just only using google or zoom.My laptop resolution was 1366x768 and when i connected to...
  7. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  8. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  9. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Computer doesn't shut down by itself.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer doesn't shut down by itself.: Hi, I click the windows10 icon and option comes; shut down. I press that one and I see stars going round the circle but computer doesn't shut down. Overnight it remained same. Next morning, I had to shut down manually. Why? 32165