Windows 10: My computer fails to charge and I suspect it is a software issue, but don't know how to fix it.

Discus and support My computer fails to charge and I suspect it is a software issue, but don't know how to fix it. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer has recently been completely failing to recognize whether or not it is plugged in. I have tried different cords, different ends to those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Travis Kendall, Aug 4, 2019.

1. My computer fails to charge and I suspect it is a software issue, but don't know how to fix it.

My computer has recently been completely failing to recognize whether or not it is plugged in. I have tried different cords, different ends to those cords, different power sockets, etc, but nothing seems to work. I have completely uninstalled and re-installed my 'Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery' driver and restarted my computer, but this did not fix the issue.

I really have no idea what's going wrong, but the cords I'm using work just fine on other machines, just not this one.

:)

Travis Kendall, Aug 4, 2019

2. My computer fails to charge and I suspect it is a software issue, but don't know how to fix it.

The issue has reoccurred, and the step that fixed it temporarily the first time doesn't seem to be working anymore (it was step number 8, the one I'm including a screenshot of)

This is incredibly frustrating and worrying, seeing as I don't know if I'll be able to fix whatever is wrong with the computer in the even that it completely runs out of battery.
    My computer fails to charge and I suspect it is a software issue, but don't know how to fix it. 40bbc33c-2f62-4c68-83d6-364a2c31a2be?upload=true.png

Travis Kendall, Sep 29, 2019
  3. My computer fails to charge and I suspect it is a software issue, but don't know how to fix it.

I've attempted the things suggested in the article. It appears to have fixed things, but I'm not sure whether or not the issue will reoccur, so let's just wait and see.

Travis Kendall, Sep 29, 2019
  4. My computer fails to charge and I suspect it is a software issue, but don't know how to fix it.

My computer will lag out when I plug it in. (Don't know if it's the right section)

Sounds like some software is optimizing when plugged in. This would draw from your CPU causing a frame rate drop. Some programs are designed to only optimize when the laptop is plugged in.

What security software suit are you running? Can you give a list of non-windows processes when plugged in? Give it about 10 minutes plugged in before gathering the list. This will allow any program optimizations to start and bog the CPU.

I don't think there is anything wrong with his Laptop. This smells of a software issue.

TheMailMan78, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

My computer fails to charge and I suspect it is a software issue, but don't know how to fix it.

1. My computer fails to charge and I suspect it is a software issue, but don't know how to fix it. - Similar Threads - computer fails charge

2. I don't know how to fix this monitor problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't know how to fix this monitor problem: I currently use a laptop, and a 165hz monitor. I wanted to refresh my graphics driver so I clicked on win + ctrl+ shift+ b since my laptop was running slower than it used to be. So right after I did that, I checked my settings and it was this weird 1/2 display detection. Now...
  3. I have BSOD and don't know how to fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have BSOD and don't know how to fix: I was using my PC without any stress action just watching Youtube video on Chrome and Messenger app and my PC suddenly stopped with a half blue screen and I had to press power button to shutdown and restart. In Event viewer I got this messages:"The computer has rebooted from...
  4. Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.: I run a Minecraft server to play with friends. The file that runs the server is named "start.bat". So I set it to startup when the PC was turned on. I no longer wanted it to startup when powering on so I went into startup apps and disabled "start". I disabled the wrong start....
  5. Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.: I run a Minecraft server to play with friends. The file that runs the server is named "start.bat". So I set it to startup when the PC was turned on. I no longer wanted it to startup when powering on so I went into startup apps and disabled "start". I disabled the wrong start....
  6. Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I don't know how to fix this

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't know how to fix this: I tried raise FPS Valorant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-how-to-fix-this/33c6c901-76ac-4b78-97a9-346f8b8179cd
  8. I don't know how to fix it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't know how to fix it: So I put my desktop on D: and now everythings screwed up and I cannot fix it anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-how-to-fix-it/6ecc42f4-598d-444d-841e-735239c5e3c9
  9. Please help I Don't know how to fix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help I Don't know how to fix: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ilyosjon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/imh5ry/please_help_i_dont_know_how_to_fix/
  10. My screen is broken and I don't know how to fix it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen is broken and I don't know how to fix it: [IMG]Hello all, I'm experiencing problems with my screen for the past 7 months and I don't know how to fix it. My screen just breaks and keeps breaking over and over again. I'll show you a picture, does anyone know how to fix this?...