Windows 10: My computer fails to charge and I suspect it is a software issue, but don't know how to fix it.

Discus and support My computer fails to charge and I suspect it is a software issue, but don't know how to fix it. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer has recently been completely failing to recognize whether or not it is plugged in. I have tried different cords, different ends to those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Travis Kendall, Aug 4, 2019.

1. My computer fails to charge and I suspect it is a software issue, but don't know how to fix it.

My computer has recently been completely failing to recognize whether or not it is plugged in. I have tried different cords, different ends to those cords, different power sockets, etc, but nothing seems to work. I have completely uninstalled and re-installed my 'Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery' driver and restarted my computer, but this did not fix the issue.

I really have no idea what's going wrong, but the cords I'm using work just fine on other machines, just not this one.

:)

Travis Kendall, Aug 4, 2019

2. My computer fails to charge and I suspect it is a software issue, but don't know how to fix it.

The issue has reoccurred, and the step that fixed it temporarily the first time doesn't seem to be working anymore (it was step number 8, the one I'm including a screenshot of)

This is incredibly frustrating and worrying, seeing as I don't know if I'll be able to fix whatever is wrong with the computer in the even that it completely runs out of battery.
    My computer fails to charge and I suspect it is a software issue, but don't know how to fix it. 40bbc33c-2f62-4c68-83d6-364a2c31a2be?upload=true.png

Travis Kendall, Sep 29, 2019
  3. My computer fails to charge and I suspect it is a software issue, but don't know how to fix it.

I've attempted the things suggested in the article. It appears to have fixed things, but I'm not sure whether or not the issue will reoccur, so let's just wait and see.

Travis Kendall, Sep 29, 2019
  4. My computer fails to charge and I suspect it is a software issue, but don't know how to fix it.

My computer will lag out when I plug it in. (Don't know if it's the right section)

Sounds like some software is optimizing when plugged in. This would draw from your CPU causing a frame rate drop. Some programs are designed to only optimize when the laptop is plugged in.

What security software suit are you running? Can you give a list of non-windows processes when plugged in? Give it about 10 minutes plugged in before gathering the list. This will allow any program optimizations to start and bog the CPU.

I don't think there is anything wrong with his Laptop. This smells of a software issue.

TheMailMan78, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

My computer fails to charge and I suspect it is a software issue, but don't know how to fix it.

1. My computer fails to charge and I suspect it is a software issue, but don't know how to fix it. - Similar Threads - computer fails charge

2. color management of display-I don't know how to fix it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    color management of display-I don't know how to fix it: I moved my computer & monitor couple of days ago, and when I got it back in place, my screen was suddenly way, way too red. I tried to go in and fix it, but now it is dark & I can't see it very well. Any ideas? It seems really complex for someone like me who is not a...
  3. MY COMPUTER KEEPS FREEZING UP AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT.CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MY COMPUTER KEEPS FREEZING UP AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT.CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE?: MY COMPUTER KEEPS FREEZING UP AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-freezing-up-and-i-dont-know-how/cf6b8b51-cc79-4e41-be16-84c5c3c59bab
  4. Windows update made my computer slow. Help me I don't know how to fix it!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update made my computer slow. Help me I don't know how to fix it!: I've recently bought this new computer with and have used this for quite a while now. When I start it up it is a Windows 10. I played some games on it without any issue and no lag but when I updated it yesterday (15/2/18) since I had nothing else to do and I'm not using my...
  5. I don't know if I have a virus on my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I don't know if I have a virus on my computer: Hello everyone, Recently after my laptop started to slow down I decided to speed up the processor by installing AMD Catalyst Control Centre for my AMD processor.When I was installing it I started to notice that the laptop sounded like it was under a load of stress . The...
  6. I don't know the "Network Credentials" for my desktop computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I don't know the "Network Credentials" for my desktop computer.: I have a laptop and a desktop that are connected to an external hard drive through my Asus router. I can access the external hard drive from my laptop via the wifi network. When I try to access the same hard drive the same way from my desktop, I am forced to enter a username...
  7. i don't know how to reset my pc

i don't know how to reset my pc: How do I go about resetting my PC? I have a virus on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-how-to-reset-my-pc/0949c461-8a9b-45f5-82f6-3b47df87e1e3
  8. i don't know how to reset my pc

i don't know how to reset my pc: How do I go about resetting my PC? I have a virus on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/i-dont-know-how-to-reset-my-pc/0949c461-8a9b-45f5-82f6-3b47df87e1e3
  9. I don't know how to read this

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't know how to read this: I post this here so maybe someone can tell me why I can't connect to the internet on my dell 2710. Any help would be greatly appreciated. MiniToolBox by Farbar Version: 01-07-2015 Ran by jerry_000 (administrator) on 19-08-2015 at 20:02:20 Running from...
  10. Issue with display, i don't know how to call it

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with display, i don't know how to call it: So, it appears everywhere when my computer gets to display small texture, like when i alt+tab it looks like this [img] . All the drivers, especially my nvidia driver works fine and is updated, got windows 10 just yesterday. This problem is also occures in games. 92576