Windows 10: My Computer file tab, and changing download file format

Discus and support My Computer file tab, and changing download file format in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to download qif files. I couldn't open them and by mistake I right-clicked Open with and selected Notepad to see if there was any data in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndrewHNZ, Jan 4, 2019.

1. AndrewHNZ Win User

My Computer file tab, and changing download file format

I want to download qif files. I couldn't open them and by mistake I right-clicked Open with and selected Notepad to see if there was any data in the file. Now i want to go back to default qif but I can't see how to do that.

I have tried to get My Computer icon on my Desktop, but I can't see it. I want to get Tools, Folder options, Files type tab.

When I went to Settings, Themes, Desktop icons, the only options offered to me were This PC, User, Network, Recycle Full, Recycle empty.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

:)

AndrewHNZ, Jan 4, 2019
  2. modder Win User

Firefox, opera, IE all freeze/lockup when downloading a file to any hard drive

"cant open folders with big files" interesting!,possible Paging File problem.
    Method from microsoft --Increase the Size of the Paging File-- sometimes we forget how to do that
    To change the size of the paging file, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Do one of the following: • If Control Panel on your computer is in Classic view, double-click System.
    • If Control Panel on your computer is in Category view, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.

3. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
    4. In the Performance pane, click Settings.
    5. In the Performance Options dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
    6. In the Virtual memory pane, click Change.
    7. Click Custom size, and then in the Initial size (MB) box and the Maximum size (MB) box, type a number that is larger than the number that is currently listed.

modder, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    I need to convert Quattro pro files to windows Office 2007

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/ha010448731033.aspx

Install the Quattro Pro 5.0 converter
    To install the converter for Quattro Pro versions 1.0 through 5.0 for Windows, do the following:

Click Start on the Windows taskbar, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
    Click the name of the Microsoft Office 2000 or Microsoft Excel 2000 program that you have, and then click Add/Remove.
    Click Add or Remove Features, and locate the Quattro Pro 5.0 Converter under Microsoft Excel for Windows.
    Click Run From My Computer to install the converter to your hard disk.
    Click Update Now.
    Open a Quattro Pro file
    To open a Quattro Pro file in Excel, follow these steps:

Click Open on the File menu.
    In the Look in list, click the drive or folder that contains the file you want to open, and then locate the folder that contains the file.
    In the Files of type list, click Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) if your files are from Quattro Pro for Windows versions 1.0 through 5.0, or click Quattro Pro/DOS Files (*.wq1). The former requires installation of the converter, as outlined above, before it appears in the list.
    Double-click the file you want to open.
    Notes

You cannot save files in the Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) format. If you open one of these files and make changes to it, you can save changes by saving as a Microsoft Excel Workbook (*.xls) or in another spreadsheet format.
    You can save changes in the Quattro Pro/DOS format, but changes made using features that are unique to Excel may be lost.

or

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP052538431033.aspx

You can open a file created in another program, such as Lotus 1-2-3 or Quattro Pro, in Microsoft Excel the same way you would open an Excel file. You can then save the file in its original file format or as an Excel workbook using the standard Excel save commands. Files saved as Excel workbooks might not retain all of their original formatting, and features and formatting of an Excel workbook might not be available in other programs.

Lazzer408, Jan 4, 2019
  4. My Computer file tab, and changing download file format

Downloading and Opeening ePub eBook files

Hi Mike,

The file format may not be supported by the application that's why it cannot be opened. We suggest that you follow these steps to make sure that it can be opened via the application you wanted to use:

• In File Explorer, right-click on the file you want to read.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click Change.
    • Then choose the application from the list.

Please let us know how it goes.

Katrina Men, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

My Computer file tab, and changing download file format

1. My Computer file tab, and changing download file format - Similar Threads - Computer file tab

2. my computer will not download files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer will not download files: I am having an isssue. My computer will not download files from internet. Both my Edge and Chrome browsers are saying " File is Blocked" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-will-not-download-files/6be88f12-432d-4250-b167-a2c6d9d1a39d
  3. All files are downloading pdf file format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All files are downloading pdf file format: Everytime i try to download a software, it is getting downloaded in pdf format on my laptop. The scenario is different if if do so on some other device. Why is it happening?...
  4. All files are downloading pdf file format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All files are downloading pdf file format: Everytime i try to download a software, it is getting downloaded in pdf format on my laptop. The scenario is different if if do so on some other device. Why is it happening?...
  5. All files are downloading pdf file format

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Download format files. How to change?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Download format files. How to change?: So i am trying to get a file downloaded but it keeps downloading as a Photoshop file. how do i change the default way that it downloads to like a pdf or a jpg. submitted by /u/dovice_YT [link] [comments]...
  7. changing a file format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    changing a file format: I am trying to change an email file into a different file format so I am able to upload it to a company https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-a-file-format/54867f08-bcaa-419b-aada-2c6b5e3a26d7"
  8. download format changed and cannot download mp4 video files

in Windows 10 Customization
    download format changed and cannot download mp4 video files: I don't know what happened but when i go to download videos, the only way i can save a video now is either as a "html document" or "All Files" I even tried to find the .file to change the default app as that is the type of file it downloads as but to no avail. i was...
  9. File Format Change

File Format Change: Hi, My all File format suddenly change with "Assignments1.xlsx.DATAWAIT" DATAWAIT Format, how I can resolve this issue. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-format-change/5837546c-3714-4139-9b55-7b5c565aea1d
  10. changing file format

changing file format: how do you change txt file to pdf? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/changing-file-format/fb57ff45-456a-4307-bb4e-1e8d1c1eb605