Windows 10: My Computer Folders keep re-appearing

Discus and support My Computer Folders keep re-appearing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all, Both my Laptop and Desktop running Windows 10 have this issue i run the registry hack found here (Using 64bit as per my pc being 64bit)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by serpentxx, Sep 15, 2015.

1. serpentxx Win User

My Computer Folders keep re-appearing

Hey all,

Both my Laptop and Desktop running Windows 10 have this issue

i run the registry hack found here (Using 64bit as per my pc being 64bit)

The folders re-appear after i reset my computer, they are never permanently disabled.

i could have my computer silently run the regkey upon startup, but surely there is a less hacky way to permanently remove them.

:)

serpentxx, Sep 15, 2015

2. Deleted Folders Keep Re-Appearing on Windows 10 Desktop

Hi Bob,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or it could be a virus attack.

I suggest you to follow the methods below to try deleting folder through keyboard commands and also try to scanning computer by Microsoft Safety Scanner.

Method 1: I recommend you to try deleting the unwanted folders through the following steps.

1. Click on Folder.

2. Then Press Shift Key + Del Key.

3. Click on Yes button to delete the folder.

If the issue still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: If you do not have any antivirus software on the Computer, then you can install the Microsoft Safety Scanner and scan with it.

Safety Scanner - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

Microsoft Safety Scanner:

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with deleting unwanted folder, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 15, 2015
  3. BobW_2347 Win User
    Deleted Folders Keep Re-Appearing on Windows 10 Desktop

I have several empty folders on my desktop. When I delete them, they immediately re-appear. They also re-appear if I rename them. For example, if I have a folder named "Old Name" and I rename it to "New Name", a few seconds later a folder named "Old Name"
    will appear, so now I have both an "Old Name" and a "New Name" folder on the desktop.

Suffice it to say, this is frustrating. I have tried emptying the recycle bin, doing permanent deletes when they're in the recycle bin, but nothing works.

Help, anybody?

BobW_2347, Sep 15, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 15, 2015
  5. serpentxx Win User
    Well it hasnt appeared for 3 days now, im guessing its good!

Out of curiosity what was the difference between the reg files? they both looked fairly similar

serpentxx, Sep 19, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news. *Smile

Nar, they're completely different.

Their .reg files deleted the CLSIDs in the NameSpace key for the old method that doesn't work well now, and mine only changes the setting of the new "ThisPCPolicy" string value.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. My Computer Folders keep re-appearing - Similar Threads - Computer Folders keep

2. Folders Keep appearing on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders Keep appearing on my Desktop: Hi,Somewhere I must have deleted the Downloads and Custom Office Templates folders. Everyday, the 2 folders appear on my Desktop.I do see Download folder in Default, Public and my user account. Nothing on Custom Office Templates in any of them.How do I get rid of the ones...
  3. Folders Keep appearing on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders Keep appearing on my Desktop: Hi,Somewhere I must have deleted the Downloads and Custom Office Templates folders. Everyday, the 2 folders appear on my Desktop.I do see Download folder in Default, Public and my user account. Nothing on Custom Office Templates in any of them.How do I get rid of the ones...
  4. Intel folder keeps re-appearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel folder keeps re-appearing: Hello,Why is it every time I login thru Windows, the Intel folder on Local C: is always created? I tried deleting it, and it just keeps on re-appearing every time you restart Windows. This is what I see whenever I'm about to delete the Intel folder....
  5. Intel folder keeps re-appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel folder keeps re-appearing: Hello,Why is it every time I login thru Windows, the Intel folder on Local C: is always created? I tried deleting it, and it just keeps on re-appearing every time you restart Windows. This is what I see whenever I'm about to delete the Intel folder....
  6. Intel folder keeps re-appearing

7. Afrikaans language keeps re-appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Afrikaans language keeps re-appearing: Hi Windows 10 has a bug where Afrikaans keyboard keeps re-appearing after being totally removed. I noticed many people complained about it in the past, so if this problem keeps happening to you too, please upvote this feedback entry: https://aka.ms/AA8gne3 Yigal...
  8. The empty "Real Times" Folder keep on re-appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    The empty "Real Times" Folder keep on re-appearing: Why does the empty "Real Times" Folder keep on re-appearing in my Videos Folder on Windows 10? I keep on deleting this but it keeps on re-appearing. 135377
  9. Bloat apps keep re-appearing

Bloat apps keep re-appearing: Hey all, I am running Windows 10 Pro X64 v1607 (July 2016 ISO) I recently formatted due to getting an SSD, and now im having issues with bloat apps self-installing themselves. I am using the following two tweaks to remove all the metro apps and disable consumer...
  10. Pictures Folder keeps appearing on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures Folder keeps appearing on my Desktop: Ever since I updated to the Windows 10 Anniversary update, I keep getting a Pictures folder reappearing on my desktop. Any clue how to get this to stop without going into the registry and permanently deleting the Folder(?) - C - 61331

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why the search folders keep on reappearing on my pc