Windows 10: My computer forced an update and all my documents are gone!!

Discus and support My computer forced an update and all my documents are gone!! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; M My computer forced an update and now when I turn it on, all my stuff is gone. Where are my documents? my pictures? my music??? Please let me know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LauraDeVries, Aug 30, 2019.

1. My computer forced an update and all my documents are gone!!

M​

My computer forced an update and now when I turn it on, all my stuff is gone.

Where are my documents? my pictures? my music???

Please let me know ASAP - I'm freaking out over here

:)

LauraDeVries, Aug 30, 2019

2. Documents are gone after Windows 10 update?

I was forced to update my computer from windows 8 to windows 10, something I did not wish to do. After my computer turned back on, I saw my documents had been moved to the windows.old file. I didn't want my files there, so I moved the documents to the new
    documents tab. However, I guess windows wasn't finished updating, and when the computer rebooted again, all of my files were gone. They are not in the new documents tab and they are not in the windows.old documents window. Please tell me there's some way to
    get my documents back!

Thanks

AllisonWelch_917, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 30, 2019
  4. My computer forced an update and all my documents are gone!!

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

My computer forced an update and all my documents are gone!!

1. My computer forced an update and all my documents are gone!! - Similar Threads - computer forced update

2. All my documents and pictures are gone???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my documents and pictures are gone???: I got into my computer and all my pictures are gone, all the files, everything. I contacted Windows support and they remoted into my computer and couldn't find anything??? NO PICTURES???? Any ideas what to do, how I can get them back if at all? Hundreds of pictures from years...
  3. All my documents and pictures are gone???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my documents and pictures are gone???: I got into my computer and all my pictures are gone, all the files, everything. I contacted Windows support and they remoted into my computer and couldn't find anything??? NO PICTURES???? Any ideas what to do, how I can get them back if at all? Hundreds of pictures from years...
  4. My Document files are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Document files are gone: I didn't Open The document folders for a week or something and yesterday when I opened it only 4 Folders were there.Please Help! Important Files are there! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-document-files-are-gone/3c68443c-7f10-4e47-a9f7-9ebdee2e81ae
  5. My Document files are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Document files are gone: I didn't Open The document folders for a week or something and yesterday when I opened it only 4 Folders were there.Please Help! Important Files are there! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-document-files-are-gone/3c68443c-7f10-4e47-a9f7-9ebdee2e81ae
  6. Forced update wiped my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced update wiped my computer.: I just booted up and found that Microsoft did a forced update that wiped my computer clean. It is now like an out of the box brand new computer save for virus software, quicken, and turbo tax. No pictures, no files, my business is gone, no favorites. Nothing. Any suggestions?...
  7. My computer is forcing an update on me

My computer is forcing an update on me: Yesterday I was prompted to do a windows update by my computer, so i installed the update and then after the update all my games were running at 0 fps in comparison to the usual 20 - 30. so i uninstalled the update and evrything was fine again. But today when i tried to...
  8. Forced update bricked my computer...

Forced update bricked my computer...: So, I had some work I was doing up on my computer, work I had taken all day to complete. I was away for a short time, and got hit by the forced windows update. I come back and it says the update was "27%" complete. An hour later, still at 27%. It was hung. I rebooted the...
  9. All my files are gone. (System Update)

All my files are gone. (System Update): So I left my laptop to update my System as it says System update , so it finally finished and there I only one account in my sign - in bar thing. My other account was all my stuff for school and now its missing, it also removed administrator from my laptop, I cannot access...
  10. Today I updated and all my files in Documents are gone!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Today I updated and all my files in Documents are gone!: Go backI had already gone back an update, via Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Go back to an earlier build section > Get started button. This didn't fix it. What are my options to retrieve the files?...