Windows 10: My computer freezes 3-4 times on startup daily and when the computer is overloaded

Discus and support My computer freezes 3-4 times on startup daily and when the computer is overloaded in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an old computer, for the last couple of weeks my computer has frozen 3-4 times every day on startup, sometimes it's in the log-in screen while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AckeBaah, Mar 30, 2020.

1. AckeBaah Win User

My computer freezes 3-4 times on startup daily and when the computer is overloaded

I have an old computer, for the last couple of weeks my computer has frozen 3-4 times every day on startup, sometimes it's in the log-in screen while other times I get in to the computer and it freezes while loading up the Startup programs. Discord, Chrome, Spotify

I have a custom made computer that I back made around 2012. It runs Windows 10, 500 GB Hard drive currently only using 62 out of 465 available

Specs: IntelR CoreTM i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50 GHz - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 - Gigabyte Technology Z97P-D3 - 8 GB RAM

I did a factory reset full in the hopes to fix the problem but was unable to stop the computer from freezing. It looked bright at first glance when it didn't freeze but it quickly turned sour on the following day when the freezing came back.

Sidenote, I'd like to add that it also freezes when overloaded but when the computer is this old it is something that I'd just expect to happen.

:)

AckeBaah, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

computer freezes since upgrage to windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Windows 10 may have encountered a corrupted system file that caused this issue. For us to help you with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you able to sign in to Windows 10 and freezing occurred while you're using Microsoft Edge?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? Have you tried rebooting your computer?
    • Can you send us a screenshot if you're getting an error message?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform a startup repair to scan your computer for the problem and then tries to fix it so your PC can start correctly. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Boot to Advanced Startup Options from a hard reboot. Press and hold the power button on your PC until it powers off and until it powers on.
    • Wait until you see the Windows logo screen or Please wait
      during boot. Usually it may take repeating up to 3 times.
    • Select See advanced repair options.
    • Under Advanced Startup Options, select
      Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options. Under Advanced options, select
      Startup Repair.
    • If prompted, select an administrator account to provide credentials for approval, type in the password and click
      Continue.
    • Startup Repair will now start Diagnosing your PC, and will attempt to automatically repair it.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Nitrome Win User

My computer freezes 3-4 times on startup daily and when the computer is overloaded

Computer hangs up/freezes when running certain apps

Hello

A few weeks ago my computer started completely freezing. When those freezes occur the computer is totally unresponsive and requires a reboot, however they only happen when running certain programs.

Windows Version number : 1903
    When does it happen?
    • Playing youtube videos (takes a few minutes to freeze on average)
    • Starting certain games (freezes on startup)
    • Answering discord calls
    And i discover new sources all the time so i doubt this is a complete list.

What did i try so far?
    • Updating the drivers (didn't try to update the BIOS yet but reset it to default)
    • Sfc / chkdsk
    • OCCT (both CPU and GPU test, neither overheated/froze the computer)
    • memtest x86 (4 passes 6 hours, no errors)
    • Swapping GPU (RX-480)

By this point i was a bit lost so i tried using windows event viewer to no avail.

As a last attempt i tried to install windows on a new harddrive but the computer froze during installation.

I'm completely lost and don't know whether my hardware is failing or if it's some kind of software issue.

Nitrome, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

1. My computer freezes 3-4 times on startup daily and when the computer is overloaded - Similar Threads - computer freezes times

2. Computer freezes then restarts on a daily basis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes then restarts on a daily basis: When gaming or watching films the screen will freeze and then the computer will cut out then restart. This has happened daily for the past 3 days. I have tried sfc /scannow which fixed some corrupt files but issue persists. Any suggestions or advice received with...
  3. Computer freezes then restarts on a daily basis

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes then restarts on a daily basis: When gaming or watching films the screen will freeze and then the computer will cut out then restart. This has happened daily for the past 3 days. I have tried sfc /scannow which fixed some corrupt files but issue persists. Any suggestions or advice received with...
  4. Windows crashing frequently on Daily 3 or 4 times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashing frequently on Daily 3 or 4 times: During the working windows crashing frequently on Daily 3 or 4 times.Please advise how to fix that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-crashing-frequently-on-daily-3-or-4-times/ae7c615d-104b-4df3-b3fa-7c7214ba81a9
  5. Windows crashing frequently on Daily 3 or 4 times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashing frequently on Daily 3 or 4 times: During the working windows crashing frequently on Daily 3 or 4 times.Please advise how to fix that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-crashing-frequently-on-daily-3-or-4-times/ae7c615d-104b-4df3-b3fa-7c7214ba81a9
  6. Computer Freezing or Restarting Daily

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Freezing or Restarting Daily: Hello, For almost three months I have been experiencing issues with my computer. I have an Alienware Dell. Generally, within the first hour or two of turning on my computer, it will do one of two things at random and without any warning signs to precede this happening....
  7. My Computer Freezes All The Time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Computer Freezes All The Time.: So I'm just watching youtube or playing Roblox, and then the screen freeze's and I can't move my mouse or open anything and I have to manually reboot the computer so I can continue playing and the only way for it not to freeze is to have one thing open, like on tab in google...
  8. Computer Freezes at Startup

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Computer Freezes at Startup: When I shut my computer down and then I turn it back on it freezes at the Windows logo screen. (the back screen with nothing but the windows logo in the center). I'll long press the power button until it shuts off and then pressdthe power button it starts up ok. This...
  9. Computer freeze on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freeze on startup: Hello, So I decided to help my brother-in-law with his computer problems and I can't seem to find a fix. He installed Windows 10 creator's update a few months ago and has been experiencing problems with freezes upon starting the computer, that have made it impossible to...
  10. Computer freezing/hanging on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezing/hanging on startup: Whenever I turn my computer on it will either freeze or hang on the startup screen with the logo and the dots. I've had Windows 10 for around 2 months but I've never had this problem until a few days ago. I've tried start-up repair, system restore and clean booting but they...