Windows 10: My computer freezes a lot

Discus and support My computer freezes a lot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello.I am facing a problem with my computer since last year and I couldn't find any solution to solve it. While I am browsing the net, playing games,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ghaith Makhlouf, May 13, 2022.

1. My computer freezes a lot

Hello.I am facing a problem with my computer since last year and I couldn't find any solution to solve it. While I am browsing the net, playing games, or sometimes even doing nothing but opening some folders, my computer randomly freezes and I can't do anything but move the mouse. If I am playing a game, the sound just stops completely, and if I am listening to music on YouTube or even any random video, the sound continues to play as if nothing had happened. It takes approximately 1 minute for my computer to return to its normal state. I have tried many things including updating my drivers

:)

Ghaith Makhlouf, May 13, 2022
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, May 13, 2022
  3. Computer starts slowly and freezes a lot.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might occur, due to any third party application conflict.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to
    Run Maintenance task

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

• Follow on screen instructions.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2:

Step 1: Clean boot

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Step 2: Safe Mode

To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Repair.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.
    For more information refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/user-accounts-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, May 13, 2022
  4. Babu V Win User

My computer freezes a lot

computer freeze and not responding happen a lot

Hi,

Do use a 3rd party antivirus application on your computer?

We would recommend you to install available Windows Updates including Optional updates and check if that helps you. If the issue still persists, refer to the following suggestion and check the issue
    status.

Method 1:
    Run the “System Maintenance Troubleshooter” to diagnose the exact issue. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Click on Search.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “System and Security”.

• Select “System Maintenance” under System options.

• Follow the on screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Keep the computer in a clean boot status and check. This will help us to diagnose the issue I the issue specific to others applications conflict.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Please refer to the section: “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Reference link for more information.

Windows 8.1, Windows 8 or Windows 7 hangs or freezes

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2681286

Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Babu V, May 13, 2022
Thema:

My computer freezes a lot

1. My computer freezes a lot - Similar Threads - computer freezes lot

2. Windows freezing a lot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freezing a lot.: When I'm in Firefox or Chrome, Windows explorer freezes a lot.I'll notice the clock is frozen minutes don't advance. And shortly there after, I can't search for anything in the windows search bar, nor open explorer.Sometimes I'll be viewing simple web pages, sometimes...
  3. Windows freezing a lot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows freezing a lot.: When I'm in Firefox or Chrome, Windows explorer freezes a lot.I'll notice the clock is frozen minutes don't advance. And shortly there after, I can't search for anything in the windows search bar, nor open explorer.Sometimes I'll be viewing simple web pages, sometimes...
  4. Windows freezing a lot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 freezing a lot.

Windows 10 freezing a lot.: This started either in October or August of 2021.Ever since then, there will be a 3 or 4 day period when Windows explorer freezes. I can tell this has happened because the clock is stuck at an old time.When this happens, sometimes I can still use some apps for a little while...
  6. My computer freezes a lot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer freezes a lot: Hello.I am facing a problem with my computer since last year and I couldn't find any solution to solve it. While I am browsing the net, playing games, or sometimes even doing nothing but opening some folders, my computer randomly freezes and I can't do anything but move the...
  7. My computer freezes a lot

My computer freezes a lot: Hello.I am facing a problem with my computer since last year and I couldn't find any solution to solve it. While I am browsing the net, playing games, or sometimes even doing nothing but opening some folders, my computer randomly freezes and I can't do anything but move the...
  8. Lots of Problems with my computer.

Lots of Problems with my computer.: Ever since I’ve built my computer there has been problems. I run sites like youtube and I get the BSOD due to Memory_Management or other completely random phrases. So, my dad took my computer to his friend to get it “fixed,” but the problem has still remained. Fast forward a...
  9. Laptop Freezes Randomly A Lot!

Laptop Freezes Randomly A Lot!: Ever since I updated to Windows 1903 and now Windows 1909, my laptop freezes a lot. And the timing is so random too. I've updated all the drivers that I can think of and the issue is still there. Is there anything else that I can do so that my laptop won't freeze randomly? I...
  10. My computer crashes a lot

My computer crashes a lot: I have a decent gaming pc and recently my computer been having some blue screen problems. Also, whenever I run a game they either crash after a little while, crash while loading or have low performance. So, I was wondering if anyone here can help me?...