Windows 10: my computer freezes and becomes unresponsive upon awakening

Discus and support my computer freezes and becomes unresponsive upon awakening in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; i have windows 10. it started two days back that when i put it to sleep or hibernate, the screen goes black with mouse cursor visible but nothing gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by drarslan, May 18, 2019.

1. drarslan Win User

my computer freezes and becomes unresponsive upon awakening

i have windows 10. it started two days back that when i put it to sleep or hibernate, the screen goes black with mouse cursor visible but nothing gets out of it. i can wait for hours but screen doesnt return unless i restart it which obviously looses my data/ work unsaved. need help please.

:)

drarslan, May 18, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, May 18, 2019
  3. My laptop randomly freezes and becomes completely unresponsive

Hi Mia,

The next step is to eliminate the errors on your device that's causing it to freeze or become unresponsive. To do this, we suggest that you run
    DISM to restore any corrupted or missing components on your device. For a step-by-step guide, click this

link
    and refer to the article of ZigZag3143, skip the
    SFC
    scan and proceed to DISM.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, May 18, 2019
  4. my computer freezes and becomes unresponsive upon awakening

My laptop randomly freezes and becomes completely unresponsive

Hi Mia,

You laptop freezing and hanging could be caused by different possible scenarios. For us to address your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any recent changes made on your computer? Like an update or a new programs was installed.
    • Was there a specific activity you were on when the computer freezes.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, May 18, 2019
Thema:

my computer freezes and becomes unresponsive upon awakening

1. my computer freezes and becomes unresponsive upon awakening - Similar Threads - computer freezes becomes

2. computer becomes completely unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer becomes completely unresponsive: recently i’ve been encountering an issue where my computer is unable to do anything well it can do some things but that’s itapps won’t load, apps won’t function correctly, and the only way to shut down my computer is to force power it off since pressing shut down on the start...
  3. Game unexpectedly freezing and becoming unresponsive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game unexpectedly freezing and becoming unresponsive.: Whenever i try to play a game, for example rust, when i load in my game freezes dispite 100+fps and becomes unresponsive. However i can still hear the gamesound but my screen is frozen and tells me to wait for it to respond or close the program. When i checked the event...
  4. computer freezes on boot up and becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer freezes on boot up and becomes unresponsive: This is the screen it always starts on and freezes, ive tried shutting it down and rebooting, i cant access booting options since it freezes almost as soon as it turns on. This happened once before, i left it alone for about a month until i was ready to deal with it but it...
  5. computer freezes on boot up and becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer freezes on boot up and becomes unresponsive: This is the screen it always starts on and freezes, ive tried shutting it down and rebooting, i cant access booting options since it freezes almost as soon as it turns on. This happened once before, i left it alone for about a month until i was ready to deal with it but it...
  6. computer freezes on boot up and becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer becoming unresponsive: So, a couple of days ago my computer started to wig out a bit. Whenever I were to use my computer the windows and clicking the windows will become unresponsive, as well as the hot bar. I have tried troubleshooting myself, restarting it, checking for viruses or errors and...
  8. Computer becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer becoming unresponsive: So, a couple of days ago my computer started to wig out a bit. Whenever I were to use my computer the windows and clicking the windows will become unresponsive, as well as the hot bar. I have tried troubleshooting myself, restarting it, checking for viruses or errors and...
  9. Computer becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Windows 10 freezes and becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 freezes and becomes unresponsive: Hi all, For a few days now, after a few minutes of use the computer becomes unresponsive and I have to reboot because there is no other solution. For example, when this happens, I am able to move the pinned icons from the bottom bar anywhere. I have done the last...