Windows 10: My Computer Freezes and then restarts after I load up a game. please help me

Discus and support My Computer Freezes and then restarts after I load up a game. please help me in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; im having a problem where everytime I start a game from the Microsoft store, it freezes my computer and then, my computer restarts. I have a pretty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by xcubanpro, Oct 28, 2019.

1. xcubanpro Win User

My Computer Freezes and then restarts after I load up a game. please help me

im having a problem where everytime I start a game from the Microsoft store, it freezes my computer and then, my computer restarts. I have a pretty good gaming computer,and ive checked that its not over heating. The weird thing is that this problem only happens with two games that I have, 1. is the Blair witch game and the second one is, the outer worlds. it runs sea of thieves and ark survival evolve just fine but it freezes and restarts with the other two. and this only happens with Microsoft store my steam games run perfectly fine.

:)

xcubanpro, Oct 28, 2019

2. Game Bar freezes Computer

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• What is the model number of the computer?

• Which game are you trying to play?
    • Try playing other games and check what the status is.
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. Visit the below link:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us...for-5th-generation-intel-core-processors.html

Method 3.

For the sound issue try the below steps.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Ultimate Word Games stuck "Loading"

Hi Ed,

Being unable to load the Microsoft Ultimate Word Games is may be due to several factors. It is a possible connection issue or the games are incompletely installed.

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you perform the following solutions on your computer to resolve the issue:

Solution 1. Run the Windows App Troubleshooter on your computer.

Go to this
    link
    and click on Run troubleshooter.

Solution 2. Reset Windows Store.

Reset the Windows Store to clear store cache by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Solution 3. Restart your computer.

Restarting your Windows 10 device resets anything running in the memory that can cause the game to freeze or stop responding. To restart your Windows 10 device, complete the following steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon from
      the bottom-left corner of the main screen. 
    • Select Power, and then select Restart.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Oct 28, 2019
  4. My Computer Freezes and then restarts after I load up a game. please help me

Ultimate Word Games stuck "Loading"

Solution 1 worked for me. Did the "GetAppx" solution above: nada.

Thx bushels... Ron

theoneandonlyzooid, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

My Computer Freezes and then restarts after I load up a game. please help me

1. My Computer Freezes and then restarts after I load up a game. please help me - Similar Threads - Computer Freezes restarts

2. Computer randomly freezed or restarts please help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly freezed or restarts please help?: I am Running a Ryzen 9 5900x with a RTX 3080, 2, 1Tb, m.2ssd and 32 Gb of ram with a PSU of 850WI build this pc and it has been giving me problems from day one, while gaming, watching youtube or doing work my pc would either freeze on one screen and be completely unresponsive...
  3. Computer randomly freezed or restarts please help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer randomly freezed or restarts please help?: I am Running a Ryzen 9 5900x with a RTX 3080, 2, 1Tb, m.2ssd and 32 Gb of ram with a PSU of 850WI build this pc and it has been giving me problems from day one, while gaming, watching youtube or doing work my pc would either freeze on one screen and be completely unresponsive...
  4. Computer randomly freezed or restarts please help?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer Freezes when loading up in a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freezes when loading up in a game.: Computer seems to be running fine until I want to get into a game. I updated my NVIDIA GTX960 with the latest driver. Also did all my systems checks with the PC and Memory as well. Still the same problem with, when I get into a game it either freezes my whole computer, to...
  6. Computer Freezes when loading up in a game.

Computer Freezes when loading up in a game.: Computer seems to be running fine until I want to get into a game. I updated my NVIDIA GTX960 with the latest driver. Also did all my systems checks with the PC and Memory as well. Still the same problem with, when I get into a game it either freezes my whole computer, to...
  7. PC crashes/restarts after game loads up. I NEED HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes/restarts after game loads up. I NEED HELP!: PC crashes/restarts after game loads up. I NEED HELP!I’ve had most parts for about 2 years, all labeled NEW parts are from the last 2-3 weeks. PC has been having this issue. - AMD Ryzen 5800x NEW- Gigabyte x570s motherboard NEW had a x570 gigabyte before. - EVGA 3080ti Ultra...
  8. PC crashes/restarts after game loads up. I NEED HELP!

PC crashes/restarts after game loads up. I NEED HELP!: PC crashes/restarts after game loads up. I NEED HELP!I’ve had most parts for about 2 years, all labeled NEW parts are from the last 2-3 weeks. PC has been having this issue. - AMD Ryzen 5800x NEW- Gigabyte x570s motherboard NEW had a x570 gigabyte before. - EVGA 3080ti Ultra...
  9. Games freezing after a couple minutes forcing me to restart my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games freezing after a couple minutes forcing me to restart my computer: My games keep freezing after a couple minutes of playing them forcing me to restart my computer, this has been happening for a few weeks now and I can't find any solution. It does only seem to happen on games that are more hardware heavy tho such as: Dying Light and...
  10. Games freezing after a couple minutes forcing me to restart my computer

Games freezing after a couple minutes forcing me to restart my computer: My games keep freezing after a couple minutes of playing them forcing me to restart my computer, this has been happening for a few weeks now and I can't find any solution. It does only seem to happen on games that are more hardware heavy tho such as: Dying Light and...