Windows 10: My computer freezes and when I try to use advanced boot options my computer crashes.

Discus and support My computer freezes and when I try to use advanced boot options my computer crashes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Yesterday when I started my pc and logged in, suddenly the screen just froze and it didn't go back to normal. So I restarted the pc and it happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EmilCarling, May 20, 2020.

1. My computer freezes and when I try to use advanced boot options my computer crashes.

Yesterday when I started my pc and logged in, suddenly the screen just froze and it didn't go back to normal. So I restarted the pc and it happened again. So I decided to completely reset it, but it wouldn't work because the screen froze in the process!

So I decided to so it from advanced boot options and guess what? When I clicked on reset this computer the screen goes black and the computer doesn't do anything... So I started up the options again to go into safe mode and it happened again... My friends thinks it might be a RAM problem due to I use 7.9 RAM of 8 somehow... It might be good to add that a year ago I got hacked by a trojan virus and the person scanned my whole computer for passwords..

I need help, idk what to do. Will it work if I buy more RAM?

I'll add that this has not happened before, ever. I've gotten blue screens before due to the RAM problem but never this and no one got a clue what to do.

:)

EmilCarling, May 20, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

computer freezes since upgrage to windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Windows 10 may have encountered a corrupted system file that caused this issue. For us to help you with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you able to sign in to Windows 10 and freezing occurred while you're using Microsoft Edge?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? Have you tried rebooting your computer?
    • Can you send us a screenshot if you're getting an error message?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform a startup repair to scan your computer for the problem and then tries to fix it so your PC can start correctly. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Boot to Advanced Startup Options from a hard reboot. Press and hold the power button on your PC until it powers off and until it powers on.
    • Wait until you see the Windows logo screen or Please wait
      during boot. Usually it may take repeating up to 3 times.
    • Select See advanced repair options.
    • Under Advanced Startup Options, select
      Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options. Under Advanced options, select
      Startup Repair.
    • If prompted, select an administrator account to provide credentials for approval, type in the password and click
      Continue.
    • Startup Repair will now start Diagnosing your PC, and will attempt to automatically repair it.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, May 20, 2020
  3. coopfab Win User
    Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, May 20, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

My computer freezes and when I try to use advanced boot options my computer crashes.

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, May 20, 2020
Thema:

My computer freezes and when I try to use advanced boot options my computer crashes.

1. My computer freezes and when I try to use advanced boot options my computer crashes. - Similar Threads - computer freezes try

2. my computer keeps crashing and freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer keeps crashing and freezing: when im gaming on red dead redemption 2 or just watching a youtube video, i have a ryzen 5500x with a rtx 3060 with a 1tb ssd and 16gb of RAM heres the message of most bug checks when i check them on the event viewer:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck...
  3. My computer keeps crashing and freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer keeps crashing and freezing: So my windows 10 keeps crashing and it says critical process died or previous system shutdown was unexpected also says dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation...
  4. my computer crashes/freezes

my computer crashes/freezes: From the start of May until June my computer has been working perfectly with very little issues. That was the case until 6/3/21 when my computer froze and crashed 6 times within a single day. For 5 of the occurrences, my monitor would turn black then the audio would repeat...
  5. When i go to Advance Option it freezes

in Windows 10 Customization
    When i go to Advance Option it freezes: When i go to settings then update and security then press Advanced Options it freezes i dont know why this happen but it happen it freezes after i press the button...
  6. My computer keeps crashing/freezing

My computer keeps crashing/freezing: Not really sure why, or when, or how to re-create it. But it seems without flaw GTA 5 does it. Log Name: System Source: NetBT Date: 12/16/2020 2:01:12 AM Event ID: 4311 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User:...
  7. My computer freezes on boot up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer freezes on boot up: My computer freezes when I try to boot it up, even when I try to go and troubleshoot it it goes straight to automatic repair and freezes, I tried to reset it before but it just didn’t work any solutions? Also when it goes into automatic repair the screen goes black and a cmd...
  8. My computer crashes when I try to run a game!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer crashes when I try to run a game!!!!: When I open a graphically demanding game like for example rainbow 6 siege, war thunder, modern warfare, etc. The game will run for a limited amount of time, usually 1 minute, and then my computer with shut down and then restart. My computer almost always powers off when I...
  9. My computer freezes then crashes.

My computer freezes then crashes.: why computer freezes and then crashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/my-computer-freezes-then-crashes/b0f14780-c550-4885-9e15-ba20bec8b38f
  10. My computer freezes when I try to install something

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer freezes when I try to install something: So, basicly, today I wanted to update my game called Fortnite, and when it was installing, i was just watching some YouTube, and then all of a sudden, my computer froze, and all I could do is move my mouse... Nothing was responding, Ctrl+Alt+Del didn't work ect.. So I...