Windows 10: My computer freezes constantly and sometimes restart itself. :( error message "Watchdog...

Discus and support My computer freezes constantly and sometimes restart itself. :( error message "Watchdog... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer freezes constantly and sometimes restart itself but often it just stays there frozen for hours and nothing happens. On Friday I got a blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Maxernity, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Maxernity Win User

My computer freezes constantly and sometimes restart itself. :( error message "Watchdog...

My computer freezes constantly and sometimes restart itself but often it just stays there frozen for hours and nothing happens. On Friday I got a blue screen with a sad face My computer freezes constantly and sometimes restart itself. :( error message "Watchdog... :( error message "Watchdog stop code" something like that. That only happened once and now it constantly freezes all the time. I just did a reset and kept my files but still it freezes. It is less than a year old. Can someone help? I use an ASUS VivoBook Max low end and on the latest windows update

:)

Maxernity, Nov 11, 2018
  2. Caring1 Win User

New CPU cooler for Ryzen questions and suggestions

Your Ryzen 7 1700X should be close to 4.0GHz anyway, so overclocking is pointless.
    If the computer freezes then there should be an error listed in the crash logs, most likely a clock watchdog timeout, changing the cooler won't fix it.
    I'd suggest leaving the CPU stock and clocking your Ram up a bit.

Caring1, Nov 11, 2018
  3. AndreePin Win User
    DPC Watchdog Error

Hi,

DPC Watchdog Violation (error code: DPC_Watchdog_Violation) is a common issue in the Windows operating system. It's occurred due to some specific reasons, like unsupported SSD firmware, old SSD driver version, hardware incompatibility
    issues, or system files are corrupted. To isolate this concern, kindly answer the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so
      far?

AndreePin, Nov 11, 2018
  4. My computer freezes constantly and sometimes restart itself. :( error message "Watchdog...

Computer restarts itself NO ERROR

Hi Rassias,

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer.

What is the make and model of your computer?

If Windows suddenly restarts without warning, or restarts when you try to shut it down, it might be caused by one of several issues. Windows could be set to restart automatically when certain system errors occur. A BIOS update can also resolve the issue.
    Use the information in this document to resolve issues with the computer restarting unexpectedly

Follow the steps in this section, in order, until the problem is resolved.

Step 1: Disabling the automatic restart option to view error messages

Many hardware driver or operating system errors will cause the computer to display a specific error message before stopping the operation or shutting down the computer. However, if the
    Automatically restart option is enabled, an error message might not be displayed despite an error taking place. Disable this option to allow the computer to display the error message.

Follow these steps to disable the Automatically restart option:

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.

• Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.

Figure : System Properties window

My computer freezes constantly and sometimes restart itself. :( error message "Watchdog... c04778888.jpg

• Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under
      System Failure, then click OK.
    • Figure : Automatically restart check box
      My computer freezes constantly and sometimes restart itself. :( error message "Watchdog... c04778889.jpg

• Restart the computer.

Please reply with the results, we are happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

My computer freezes constantly and sometimes restart itself. :( error message "Watchdog...

1. My computer freezes constantly and sometimes restart itself. :( error message "Watchdog... - Similar Threads - computer freezes constantly

2. Computer keeps freezing sometimes crashes and or restarts!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps freezing sometimes crashes and or restarts!!: Hello,Since a few weeks my Pc keeps crashing, freezing or restarting. Im not sure why it started happening and it worked well before that.After looking into it and trying Programms like CCleaner or Fortect it still happens fairly often. I also checked the Event Log for a...
  3. Computer keeps freezing sometimes crashes and or restarts!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps freezing sometimes crashes and or restarts!!: Hello,Since a few weeks my Pc keeps crashing, freezing or restarting. Im not sure why it started happening and it worked well before that.After looking into it and trying Programms like CCleaner or Fortect it still happens fairly often. I also checked the Event Log for a...
  4. Computer keeps freezing sometimes crashes and or restarts!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting

Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting: My computer for the past few days have been freezing for no reason. It would happen when I just started up my PC and opening a browser. Sometimes it happens after a hour or two of gaming. Recently I noticed it randomly restarts. I don’t think it’s a heating problem because I...
  6. Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting: My computer for the past few days have been freezing for no reason. It would happen when I just started up my PC and opening a browser. Sometimes it happens after a hour or two of gaming. Recently I noticed it randomly restarts. I don’t think it’s a heating problem because I...
  7. Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Computer constantly restarting and freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer constantly restarting and freezing: Hi. I have a Windows 10. My computer has been constantly restarting, and freezing with my keyboard turning off, leaving me to restart it on my own. This has been a problem since about April 7th, this year. It's starting to get annoying, and I want to know how I can fix...
  9. my computer freezes when restarting sometimes

my computer freezes when restarting sometimes: whenever i use malwarebytes and it finds a threat and it tells me to restart my pc, i do it, but halfway through restarting the screen freezes and i have to hold the power button, i already did sfc scan in cmd and scanned my pc and nothing was wrong, but it still happens, it...
  10. Computer Constantly Freezing/Restarting

Computer Constantly Freezing/Restarting: I built my current PC back in August, and it has worked amazingly, except for the fact that it constantly freezes and/or crashes at random. I have been through forum after forum trying to diagnose the problem, but everything I try has no effect. I have tried setting the...