Windows 10: my computer freezes many times per day. It automatically clears again after 5 minutes of so...

Discus and support my computer freezes many times per day. It automatically clears again after 5 minutes of so... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer freezes many times each day. After 5 minutes or so it automatically unfreezes. How can I totally stop this random occurance?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by greggood1, Feb 9, 2020.

1. greggood1 Win User

my computer freezes many times per day. It automatically clears again after 5 minutes of so...

My computer freezes many times each day. After 5 minutes or so it automatically unfreezes. How can I totally stop this random occurance?

:)

greggood1, Feb 9, 2020
  2. AndrejaP Win User

Computer freezes 5 - 9 times a day approximately

Hello

About a month ago, my computer started freezing randomly. I have Windows 10. After I uninstalled the latest Windows update, it was fine. For a few days, then the start button stopped working, as well as Cortana and the Wifi button. That was resolved on its
    own with another automatic Windows update. A couple of days all was fine but then, a few days ago, it started freezing again. Mostly when it's not active but also when I watch videos. I googled but I didn't find a solution offered by anyone, including Microsoft
    support, who had many different complicated suggestions about what to try but as far as I have seen, it didn't work for most people who asked. I also tried a few suggested things. Is it possible that the solution hasn't been found yet or have I just not managed
    to find it? If there is still no solution, should I wait for a while, could I expect it in near future or should I transfer to Linux or Windows 7?

Thank you.

AndrejaP, Feb 9, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Feb 9, 2020
  4. miquo Win User

my computer freezes many times per day. It automatically clears again after 5 minutes of so...

why the 5 minutes break?

Hi all, I don’t know if this is a known matter and if there’s a solution.

Normal procedure for locking keypad and unlocking:

• I set "Security keyguard" and "Automatic keyguard" On to lock the phone,
    • I go to homescreen and wait 1 minute for it to be locked,
    • I press Unlock key (here it’s menu key) and * key (star key) then enter correct Security code 12345.
    • Phone is Unlocked.

Nothing’s easy then this. But what if I type wrong codes for a few times just as a test:

• I set "Security keyguard" and "Automatic keyguard" On to lock the phone,
    • I go to homescreen and wait 1 minute for it to lock,
    • I press unlock key and * key and enter random wrong codes for a few times (NOT 12345),
    • phone is still Locked due to wrong Security codes with message “Code error”. Good!
    • Now I press Unlock key and *key and this time I enter correct Security code 12345 then ok.
    • But Phone is still Locked with message “Code error”!!!! I retry entering correct Security code 12345 again with no luck.
    • what do I do? I waited 5 minutes and retried entering Security code 12345 again and OMG this time it’s Unlocked. Good.
    • to make sure of this, I repeated steps 1 to 7 and same matter.

Why does the phone lock itself completely on me for 5 minutes that's after a few Erroneous security code test attempts (maybe 3 or 5) even if after this I directly enter correct Code 12345 but it's still locked??

Is there any extra Security code in this case? how to let the phone accept the correct code before 5 minutes?

miquo, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

1. my computer freezes many times per day. It automatically clears again after 5 minutes of so... - Similar Threads - computer freezes many

2. PC CRASHES AUTOMATICALLY FOR MANY TIMES IN A DAY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC CRASHES AUTOMATICALLY FOR MANY TIMES IN A DAY: I'm experiencing automatic crashes with my Win10 laptop since July. The crashes occur at irregular intervals, causing the system to freeze on a page. During these incidents, the mouse becomes unresponsive, and the cooling fan operates loudly. Notably, there is no blue screen...
  3. Random crashhappens many times per day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random crashhappens many times per day: Hi,I've got Dell T440 with Windows Server 2019.I tried analyze minidump, but constantly it points to Windows Defender, am I right?I've installed all updates, but crash still occursHere are 3 recent mini dumpsafter crashing every 15minOnedrive link to mini dumpsAdditional...
  4. Random crashhappens many times per day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashhappens many times per day: Hi,I've got Dell T440 with Windows Server 2019.I tried analyze minidump, but constantly it points to Windows Defender, am I right?I've installed all updates, but crash still occursHere are 3 recent mini dumpsafter crashing every 15minOnedrive link to mini dumpsAdditional...
  5. Random crashhappens many times per day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. PC freezing multiple times per day

PC freezing multiple times per day: I've been having issues over the past month or so where my PC will freeze/lock up randomly. The issue has been worse as of recently, just yesterday it froze around 6 or 7 times, a couple times it even froze as my PC was starting up. I've tried many things such as fixing...
  7. Windows Freezing Multiple Times Per Day

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Freezing Multiple Times Per Day: Since a Windows update in October 2019, my computer freezes multiple times per day. And by freeze, I mean screen goes static and nothing responds. The only solution is to hold down the power button. I've followed the steps in Performance and Install Integrity Checklist to...
  8. Computer freezes 5 - 9 times a day approximately

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer freezes 5 - 9 times a day approximately: Hello About a month ago, my computer started freezing randomly. I have Windows 10. After I uninstalled the latest Windows update, it was fine. For a few days, then the start button stopped working, as well as Cortana and the Wifi button. That was resolved on its own with...
  9. Computer Freezes after 5 or minutes booting up

Computer Freezes after 5 or minutes booting up: My PC freezes after 5 minutes of being logged in. (Windows 10) However I can still move the mouse, click on things but nothing will happen I sometimes also get a "Microsoft windows is not responding' popup, I cant interact with that either I checked task manager and it...
  10. Daily/multiple times per day BSODs; I've tried so many things :(

Daily/multiple times per day BSODs; I've tried so many things :(: Attachment 86517 Hey. So, I built my computer in August of 2015, and since then I've had nearly daily problems with BSODs. For a few months (between October 2015 and March 2016) they had gone away (no idea what happened to make them stop), but then randomly started up...