Windows 10: My computer freezes when I try to install something

Discus and support My computer freezes when I try to install something in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, basicly, today I wanted to update my game called Fortnite, and when it was installing, i was just watching some YouTube, and then all of a sudden,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ProMate04, Jul 15, 2018.

1. ProMate04 Win User

My computer freezes when I try to install something

So, basicly, today I wanted to update my game called Fortnite, and when it was installing, i was just watching some YouTube, and then all of a sudden, my computer froze, and all I could do is move my mouse... Nothing was responding, Ctrl+Alt+Del didn't work ect.. So I restarted my PC, and I tried again, it happend again and again for like 4 times. I tought, that "nah, I don't even play Fortnite that much", so I uninstalled it. Then, I wanted to install Microsoft Visual Studio, and It didn't work either! The same exact thing happened, and all I could do is to restart my PC again. Everything always froze, and NOT at the same part during installation, sometimes it stopped at 19%, then it stopped at 8%, and always at somewhere else. So I decided to get some help from you guys, because I have no more idea what to to. I hope someone can help me fix this, because I can't install anything right now, and it's annoying. Thanks for any help!

:)

ProMate04, Jul 15, 2018
  2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Jul 15, 2018
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 15, 2018
  4. My computer freezes when I try to install something

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

My computer freezes when I try to install something

1. My computer freezes when I try to install something - Similar Threads - computer freezes try

2. computer freezing and BSOD when trying to install windows on new build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer freezing and BSOD when trying to install windows on new build: Hardware:Mobo: MSI Z690-A-WIFI Chip: Intel I9 12900KS RAM: stripped down to a single stick of 32GB DDR5-4800, have 128GB in total, but trying to troubleshoot took it down to 1 put in the DIMMA2 slotHarddrive: have tried our 2TB M2 drive, took that out and now trying a 250GB...
  3. computer freezing and BSOD when trying to install windows on new build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer freezing and BSOD when trying to install windows on new build: Hardware:Mobo: MSI Z690-A-WIFI Chip: Intel I9 12900KS RAM: stripped down to a single stick of 32GB DDR5-4800, have 128GB in total, but trying to troubleshoot took it down to 1 put in the DIMMA2 slotHarddrive: have tried our 2TB M2 drive, took that out and now trying a 250GB...
  4. My Spinning circle freezes when I try power on the computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Spinning circle freezes when I try power on the computer: So I'm using windows 10 after an update my pc just decided to go black then suddenly it went to automatic repair I searched YouTube for 3 hours non worked as it says I have to sign in again so when I tried to reset the computorrestart it loaded yes then the circle started...
  5. Error 0x80070057 when trying to install something

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error 0x80070057 when trying to install something: In this occasion I am trying to install a JAR file, I downloaded it from: http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/index_1.12.2.html It is a verified site and there are currently very few people who have this type of error, I have followed different...
  6. My computer freezes and when I try to use advanced boot options my computer crashes.

My computer freezes and when I try to use advanced boot options my computer crashes.: Yesterday when I started my pc and logged in, suddenly the screen just froze and it didn't go back to normal. So I restarted the pc and it happened again. So I decided to completely reset it, but it wouldn't work because the screen froze in the process! So I decided to so it...
  7. pc freeze when i try to install a program

pc freeze when i try to install a program: My pc freeze when i try to install icmarketssc5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-freeze-when-i-try-to-install-a-program/232b8302-d97b-4b49-8aab-c8bb80cd895e
  8. computer freezes when trying to play games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer freezes when trying to play games: Hello im am having trouble with my computer not sure what happened but i cant start games everytime i do my computer freezes and i have to power down, i have been getting alot of blue screen errors ive tried everything i can think of including memory scans, cpu scans...
  9. Windows 10 freezes when I try to install a driver

Windows 10 freezes when I try to install a driver: Hi I recently built a new PC, but I am having some issues when trying to install certain drivers that I downloaded directly from the motherboard manufacturer. When it freezes, nothing else happens and I have to force shutdown the PC. I don't know if this started to happen...
  10. When I plug in my charger and try to do something on my computer everything is super slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I plug in my charger and try to do something on my computer everything is super slow: Right when I plug it in and go to a site it takes around 50 seconds to load when usually most things are pretty fast but when I plug my charger in it all gets slow....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i tried to install something but then my computer crashed

2. pc only goes to 8% windows installed and then freezes

3. when i install something it freezes my pc

4. try to install wow computer freezes