Windows 10: My computer freezes when on idle

Discus and support My computer freezes when on idle in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If I leave my Asus UX571UD (Zenbook Flip) laptop on idle it freezes and the fans keep spinning. Screen remains black. I have hd this since at least... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dosengine, Jul 26, 2020.

1. My computer freezes when on idle

If I leave my Asus UX571UD (Zenbook Flip) laptop on idle it freezes and the fans keep spinning. Screen remains black. I have hd this since at least 1809. Tried to set power settings to default but it still happens. Everything is up to date drivers and os (2009 currently). Please help!!

submitted by /u/dosengine
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dosengine, Jul 26, 2020

2. Computer freezes when idle

I started having this freezing issue about 3 months ago and is quite annoying. Whenever my computer is on idle from anywhere from 5 minutes to 14 hours my computer has a chance that it will freeze. Happened before Windows 10 and also with my original Windows
    7 copy and reinstalled Windows 7.

GarrettCranney, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Computer screen freezes when it is idle

I use Windows 10 Home, v. 1809. I bought a SSD and then installed Windows on it. When my laptop is idle, the screen freezes for a second. This is a real problem when I’m playing because FPS drops and ruins the game.

Juan Castator, Jul 26, 2020
  4. MaryWise2 Win User

My computer freezes when on idle

Computer freezes when idle a few minutes

HP Laptop with Windows 10 Operating system freezes or locks up when sitting idle for a few minutes. First noticed while watching Netflix, video was stuck and there was a buzzing noise. Trying changing browsers, no difference. Next happened while listening
    to Pandora. Now have noticed it happening when computer left idle for a few minutes. No response to keystrokes or mouse. Have to hold on/off button down to turn off.

MaryWise2, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

My computer freezes when on idle

1. My computer freezes when on idle - Similar Threads - computer freezes idle

2. Computer freezes & locks when using windows or idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes & locks when using windows or idle: I ran every cmd command and nothing came back bad, i just factory reset and reinstalled windows , nothing seems to work , i updated my motherboard , i updated my GPU , idk what else to do? If I’m not playing a video game my pc will just lock up and freeze & i have to power it...
  3. Computer freezes when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes when idle: Hello,Ive been experiencing a very wierd issue on my computer. Whenever i boot up and let my computer run idle, the screen will freeze and i wont be able to do anything but hold down power and restart it. Sometimes it will freeze after 4 minutes, sometimes after running idle...
  4. Computer freezes when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes when idle: Hello,Ive been experiencing a very wierd issue on my computer. Whenever i boot up and let my computer run idle, the screen will freeze and i wont be able to do anything but hold down power and restart it. Sometimes it will freeze after 4 minutes, sometimes after running idle...
  5. Computer FULL FREEZING only when left idle.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer FULL FREEZING only when left idle.: Hello, i would appreciate any help this is driving me crazy! I recently updated my bios with a flashdrive containing the update from MSI's website and this completely messed my computer up. First it wouldn't even boot up windows. (I fixed this by changing my boot priority...
  6. My computer freezes when on idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer freezes when on idle: If I leave my Asus UX571UD (Zenbook Flip) laptop on idle it freezes and the fans keep spinning. Screen remains black. I have hd this since at least 1809. Tried to set power settings to default but it still happens. Everything is up to date drivers and os (20H1 currently)....
  7. Computer constantly freezing when idle or playing a game

Computer constantly freezing when idle or playing a game: So I've had this issue for a while where it freezes when I leave it on to install something or i'm playing a game more then a few hours, now I checked cpu and the gpu it's not over heating. All my drivers are up to date, I already did the sfc /SCANNOW also did a clean install...
  8. Computer freezes when idle a few minutes

Computer freezes when idle a few minutes: HP Laptop with Windows 10 Operating system freezes or locks up when sitting idle for a few minutes. First noticed while watching Netflix, video was stuck and there was a buzzing noise. Trying changing browsers, no difference. Next happened while listening to Pandora. Now have...
  9. Computer screen freezes when it is idle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer screen freezes when it is idle: I use Windows 10 Home, v. 1809. I bought a SSD and then installed Windows on it. When my laptop is idle, the screen freezes for a second. This is a real problem when I’m playing because FPS drops and ruins the game....
  10. Computer Hard Freezes when idle

Computer Hard Freezes when idle: So, this issue occurred when my mother was using the computer while a game was saving. She told me that it shut off by itself, and saying that it turned black and rebooted. So, the main reason that's going on is that I've been experiencing my computer hard freezing when I...