Windows 10: My computer freezes when playing music and I also have artifacts on the screen, especially...

Discus and support My computer freezes when playing music and I also have artifacts on the screen, especially... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HI,I have all my drivers updated according to dell.com website and I have performed all windows updates as suggestedI have an xps 8940. I am having a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by edward wahl, Nov 30, 2023.

1. My computer freezes when playing music and I also have artifacts on the screen, especially...

HI,I have all my drivers updated according to dell.com website and I have performed all windows updates as suggestedI have an xps 8940. I am having a consistent problem of the audio going to white noise or stuttering if I am on youtube or playing with other video players.First I replaced the monitor so the monitor is brand newthen I replaced the graphics card... the graphics card was not brand new but looked pretty good, it was supposedly just used in an office lightlythen I replaced the hdmi cable with a high performance onethen I replaced the ram with 2 brand new sticksthen I disconnected t

:)

edward wahl, Nov 30, 2023
  2. Emily_101 Win User

Screen Artifacts and Crashing

The problem: Screen artifacts occur randomly. Artifacts usually get worse before my screen freezes, blacks out, and comes back on. This repeats until it crashes. Once, I got a blue screen with the error code "Memory Management".

Details: I have two monitors and they are behaving the same. This is a desktop computer. The screen behaves correctly in safe mode.

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285

I've tried:

• Updating graphics driver (twice). Used DDU the second time.
    • Scanning for malware (twice). I've since wiped all files.
    • Checked wires.
    • Dusted computer. Checked fans.
    • Disabled startup programs (This worked temporarily but would come back the next day. Now, it doesn't work for long at all). I thought the problem was conflicting programs on startup, but I've wiped everything.
    I'm hoping this isn't a hardware problem. I don't have another computer to test my GPU on. If there is a way to fix this, please help me!

Emily_101, Nov 30, 2023
  3. screen artifacts and freezing

it helped but now my screen is blacking sometimes and artifacts reduced (only occurring while alt tabbing and some other time but not crashing

edited:

still does the same artifacts and crashing

lucky likhith, Nov 30, 2023
  4. Sasqui Win User

My computer freezes when playing music and I also have artifacts on the screen, especially...

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

My computer freezes when playing music and I also have artifacts on the screen, especially...

1. My computer freezes when playing music and I also have artifacts on the screen, especially... - Similar Threads - computer freezes playing

2. My computer freezes when playing music and I also have artifacts on the screen, especially...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer freezes when playing music and I also have artifacts on the screen, especially...: HI,I have all my drivers updated according to dell.com website and I have performed all windows updates as suggestedI have an xps 8940. I am having a consistent problem of the audio going to white noise or stuttering if I am on youtube or playing with other video...
  3. screen artifacts and freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen artifacts and freezing: hello my name is likhith, im recently getting these weird artifacts on screen while using my pc i didnt turned my pc for 15 days after that im facing this issue. I tried every possible solution on my pc likesolution i tried* updating my drivers* rollbacking updates* working...
  4. screen artifacts and freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen artifacts and freezing: hello my name is likhith, im recently getting these weird artifacts on screen while using my pc i didnt turned my pc for 15 days after that im facing this issue. I tried every possible solution on my pc likesolution i tried* updating my drivers* rollbacking updates* working...
  5. Random Freeze, especially when gaming:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Freeze, especially when gaming:: So, I have an HP Victus 16: 24GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Core i7-12700H and a GTX 1650 with a windows 11. It used to freeze when playing video games but it was like once in a while. Now, I can't even open a game. Even more, it freezes when using Browser or in a Zoom meeting. Everything...
  6. Random Freeze, especially when gaming:

Random Freeze, especially when gaming:: So, I have an HP Victus 16: 24GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Core i7-12700H and a GTX 1650 with a windows 11. It used to freeze when playing video games but it was like once in a while. Now, I can't even open a game. Even more, it freezes when using Browser or in a Zoom meeting. Everything...
  7. computer freezes when i play a game.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer freezes when i play a game.: My computer freezes when i play a game, i play it for like 1-5 minutes and then my screen freezes and the only way to fix it is to reboot the computer manually. I figured out that the problem causing this is this...
  8. computer freezes when i play a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer freezes when i play a game.: My computer freezes when i play a game, i play it for like 1-5 minutes and then my screen freezes and the only way to fix it is to reboot the computer manually. I figured out that the problem causing this is this...
  9. computer freezes when i play a game.

10. Shacking screen when I play music

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shacking screen when I play music: My laptop screen is shacking up more when I play music and video, and make it hang sometime until I shut down. Now, my laptop screen has been shacking all the time. I couldn't find to solve this problem, please help me out. Thanks...