Windows 10: My computer freezes when the wifi connection is not working

Discus and support My computer freezes when the wifi connection is not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm using windows 10, and just bought the computer so it's completely new. But sometimes when I use the computer the internet connection suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NinoMya, Jul 29, 2019.

1. NinoMya Win User

My computer freezes when the wifi connection is not working

I'm using windows 10, and just bought the computer so it's completely new. But sometimes when I use the computer the internet connection suddenly doesn't work, and when this happens my computer screen freezes so that I have to press the power button to turn it off. Why does this happen? It's a new computer and I'm annoyed by this problem.

:)

NinoMya, Jul 29, 2019

2. wifi connection freezes the screen

Hello,

User profile corruption is one of the possible reasons why you are having system performance issues in Windows 10. To troubleshoot this problem with your computer suddenly freezes after browsing the internet for several minutes, we suggest that you create
    a new user account on your computer and see if the same issue will occur on a different user profile. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings
      > Accounts > Family & other people >Add someone else to this PC.
    • Enter a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 29, 2019
  3. wabbles Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Jul 29, 2019
  4. simrick Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

1. My computer freezes when the wifi connection is not working - Similar Threads - computer freezes wifi

2. My computer isn’t connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer isn’t connecting to wifi: I got my sdd changed out at best buy and i didn’t pay for them to set it up. I came home and tried to set it up but for some reason i am not able to connect to wifi. I have reset it multiple times. I’ve unhooked my wifi router to turn it off many times. I even used a usb to...
  3. My computer isn’t connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer isn’t connecting to wifi: I got my sdd changed out at best buy and i didn’t pay for them to set it up. I came home and tried to set it up but for some reason i am not able to connect to wifi. I have reset it multiple times. I’ve unhooked my wifi router to turn it off many times. I even used a usb to...
  4. My computer refuses to connect to wifi

My computer refuses to connect to wifi: I feel like I have done everything but nothing will connect my computer to wifi. I have a b660 gaming x ax ddr4 computer that was working fine just yesterday. My computer runs on windows 11. Essentially the problem is that when I turned on my computer today it refused to...
  5. Wifi not working when connecting to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi not working when connecting to laptop: Hi! It just happened a day ago.When I start my laptop and the Wi-Fi connects, it stops working on every device and doesn't works on the laptop itself. If the laptop is not connected to Wi-Fi every other device works fine with internet...
  6. Wifi not working when connecting to laptop

Wifi not working when connecting to laptop: Hi! It just happened a day ago.When I start my laptop and the Wi-Fi connects, it stops working on every device and doesn't works on the laptop itself. If the laptop is not connected to Wi-Fi every other device works fine with internet...
  7. Windows 10 freezes when attempting to connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 freezes when attempting to connect to WiFi: Hi all. Windows 10 slows down considerably / almost freezes when I try to connect to WiFi via my wifi-adapter. Everything was fine yesterday. I forced shut-down my PC late at night, by holding down the power button (which I do often), but when I woke up today, Windows 10...
  8. Wifi does not connect when the computer is started

Wifi does not connect when the computer is started: Hi All, I have a Lets Note Panasonic CF-SX2 Machine. I am facing one problem in the connection of the wifi of this computer. When I start this computer the wifi is not connected automatically. It gives me the following screen [ATTACH] And I cant connect to the wifi...
  9. My computer rejects to connect to wifi

My computer rejects to connect to wifi: Hello. Today I was playing games and before 2 hours my computer stopped the wifi my phone was sharing to him (I am using phone as wifi adapter). At the first time it was just saying that he cant connect and I switched to my tablet and then it started to reject everything. It...
  10. [Windows 10] Inevitable freeze when connected to WiFi

[Windows 10] Inevitable freeze when connected to WiFi: As in the title, I've been encountering problems with my Acer laptop and using the WiFi. I have seen several other posts with similar issues but none match the specifics of my problem so I thought I'd ask for help. This has been happening on and off since around halfway...