Windows 10: My computer freezes while shutting down.

Discus and support My computer freezes while shutting down. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This started when I upgraded my graphics driver, so then a downgraded it back and it didn't stop, after like five minutes, it sometimes shuts down, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TheFanMan64, Dec 19, 2020.

1. My computer freezes while shutting down.

This started when I upgraded my graphics driver, so then a downgraded it back and it didn't stop, after like five minutes, it sometimes shuts down, or it restarts, or it blue screens bluescreen only happened once i can't understand why it's doing this, I've seen posts like this before, then i read them, but nothing helped.

:)

TheFanMan64, Dec 19, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Stew_B Win User
    Computer FREEZE at Desktop display

I have had similar experience. But mine is more random, and occurs when clicking the start menu. It will partially load then freeze the computer. The only way out is to hard shut down. THis happens randomly a number of times per day, and occassionally
    immediately again upon reboot. I have since done a recovery to 8.1 and all is well now. THe suggested steps did no good. THere is a bug in Win10. Probably should stop with the workaround suggestions and try to find/fix the issue.

Stew_B, Dec 19, 2020
  4. vinsterX Win User

My computer freezes while shutting down.

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

My computer freezes while shutting down.

1. My computer freezes while shutting down. - Similar Threads - computer freezes while

2. freezing and shutting down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    freezing and shutting down.: I have windows 11. My computer is frequently freezing and or on occasion it just shuts down without notice or pattern. Sometimes i must do a hard reboot as the task manager wont reset. Or when i go to my task manager i see so many programs running and have no idea what they...
  3. freezing and shutting down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    freezing and shutting down.: I have windows 11. My computer is frequently freezing and or on occasion it just shuts down without notice or pattern. Sometimes i must do a hard reboot as the task manager wont reset. Or when i go to my task manager i see so many programs running and have no idea what they...
  4. Computer keeps freezing then shutting down...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps freezing then shutting down...: While playing games, mainly world of warcraft my PC will randomly Freeze completely, no ctrl alt delete, no task manager no nothing.. just freezes then either both monitors go different colours and resets, or I need to forcefully shutdown my pc. My in-game world of warcraft...
  5. Computer freezes/won't shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer freezes/won't shut down: My computer randomly locks up. I can move the mouse and call the task manager but programs freeze and when I try to restart/shut down the blue screen appears with the rotating dots but my computer will never shut down. I've left it alone for over 10 hours and nothing happens....
  6. Computer freezing and shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezing and shutting down: Since building my new computer, I have experience the following problem a few times: Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎12/‎06/‎2020 14.20 Status Report sent Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature...
  7. while shutting down the computer restarts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    while shutting down the computer restarts: after upgrading windows from windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro, I am getting the below message in blue screen and the computer restarts of its own. "your pc ran in to a problem and needs to restart. we just collected some error info, and then we will restart for you. if...
  8. Computer Keeps Freezing then shutting down

Computer Keeps Freezing then shutting down: Good evening, I have had this problem approximately 3/4months after I purchased my laptop. My laptop will freeze (it will turn what ever colour is the main propotion of the colour on the screen at that specifici time and on running the error report I get this error:-...
  9. shuts down as it freezes

shuts down as it freezes: I can only have it up for 5 min maybe. Then it freezes up, after a few moments it shuts it self off and need to restart. This computer is not used very much at all. I am a Senior, and use it to pay bills, and shop once in a while....
  10. Computer Randomly shuts down while gaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Randomly shuts down while gaming: I am at a loss on this issue I'm having. I can't tell if this is software or hardware. About two weeks ago, my home built rig randomly started doing two things it's never done before. Firstly, while playing various games, it just completely powers down. There's no...