Windows 10: My computer goes to blue screen “please wait your computer is updating. Do not turn off...

Discus and support My computer goes to blue screen “please wait your computer is updating. Do not turn off... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; During this time the mouse is not in my control. Must force shut down. Mcafee says no viruses or bugs. Help. This is happening several times a day.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BuddyOsman, Dec 10, 2021.

1. My computer goes to blue screen “please wait your computer is updating. Do not turn off...

During this time the mouse is not in my control. Must force shut down. Mcafee says no viruses or bugs. Help. This is happening several times a day.

:)

BuddyOsman, Dec 10, 2021

2. "Getting Windows Ready Don't turn off your computer" goes on forever

Hi,

I bought my father a new desktop computer this christmas - Lenovo IdeaCentre 510S (so it has Windows 10, and as far as I know it has all the latest updates to it's os after I set it up). And it has been working until this morning when it apparently started to update itself, and according to my parents there has been a blue screen with "Getting Windows Ready Don't turn off your computer" on it since 9 am - it's now 15 pm.

I've turned the computer off and on again and the screen goes blank, then a swirly thing appears at the bottom while the screen is still black and it goes straight into the blue screen of annoyance. I can't even get into the safe mode despite pressing often F8.

I've googled and googled and nothing else works!

What can I do??? (and I need simple, step-by-step instructions please)

FatherJack1980, Dec 10, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Frequent Blue Screen error on computer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are receiving Blue Screen error on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• When exactly are you getting the Blue Screen error?

• What is the error message you receive?

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I have analyzed the dump files shared by you and found that the error is caused by a Memory corruption.

I would suggest you to run a Windows Memory Diagnostic check on the computer to check test the memory installed on the computer. Refer the steps
    mentioned below:

1. Press
      Windows key + R, to open Run dialog box.

2. Type
      mdsched and click on OK.

3. Click on
      Restart now and check for problems.

Also, if you are using two RAM sticks, I would suggest you to using one RAM stick and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 10, 2021
  4. My computer goes to blue screen “please wait your computer is updating. Do not turn off...

Windows 10 blue screen, please wait

Thank you for your response, but the issue is that there is NOT a way around the blue screen "please wait" so your suggestion will not work. The only thing that shows when the laptop is turned on is the blue screen with "please wait" and the dots going
    around in a circle. Any additional thoughts?

Thank you,

Kendall

KendallGilbreath, Dec 10, 2021
Thema:

My computer goes to blue screen “please wait your computer is updating. Do not turn off...

1. My computer goes to blue screen “please wait your computer is updating. Do not turn off... - Similar Threads - computer goes blue

2. a blue screen pops up saying your computer is updating do not turn off computer, mouse is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a blue screen pops up saying your computer is updating do not turn off computer, mouse is...: a blue screen pops up saying "your computer is updating do not turn off computer", the mouse is moving but not in my control. Must shut computer off to stop, this happens randomly several times a day when on line, none of several virus scanners find anything. I don't have old...
  3. a blue screen pops up saying your computer is updating do not turn off computer, mouse is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a blue screen pops up saying your computer is updating do not turn off computer, mouse is...: a blue screen pops up saying "your computer is updating do not turn off computer", the mouse is moving but not in my control. Must shut computer off to stop, this happens randomly several times a day when on line, none of several virus scanners find anything. I don't have old...
  4. My computer goes to blue screen “please wait your computer is updating. Do not turn off...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer goes to blue screen “please wait your computer is updating. Do not turn off...: During this time the mouse is not in my control. Must force shut down. Mcafee says no viruses or bugs. Help. This is happening several times a day....
  5. My computer goes to blue screen “please wait your computer is updating. Do not turn off...

My computer goes to blue screen “please wait your computer is updating. Do not turn off...: During this time the mouse is not in my control. Must force shut down. Mcafee says no viruses or bugs. Help. This is happening several times a day....
  6. Stuck on "Starting Windows. Please do not turn off your computer"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on "Starting Windows. Please do not turn off your computer": After the last update, my computer refused to sign in. I would type my password like normal and it would just load. I let it do this for about an hour and restarted several times with the same result. I then started it in recovery mode and tried to undo the last update. Now...
  7. Stuck on "Windows loading. Please do not turn off your computer"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on "Windows loading. Please do not turn off your computer": After the last update, my computer refused to sign in. I would type my password like normal and it would just load. I let it do this for about an hour and restarted several times with the same result. I then started it in recovery mode and tried to undo the last update. Now...
  8. Stuck on "Windows loading. Please do not turn off your computer"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on "Windows loading. Please do not turn off your computer": After the last update, my computer refused to sign in. I would type my password like normal and it would just load. I let it do this for about an hour and restarted several times with the same result. I then started it in recovery mode and tried to undo the last update. Now...
  9. Stuck on "Windows loading. Please do not turn off your computer"

10. Updating; do not turn off your computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating; do not turn off your computer: I got Windows updates and had to restart the computer. When I did it told me the process was 100 percent complete but it just kept going and going. So the process was not complete. Can't they give me percentages that increase over time, like after that first process is...