Windows 10: my computer got messed up when opening a game

Discus and support my computer got messed up when opening a game in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When i open certain games Exp.valorant my computers graphics drop and everything gets resized, like applications getting bigger or when i open games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Logan Norris1, Feb 27, 2024.

1. my computer got messed up when opening a game

When i open certain games Exp.valorant my computers graphics drop and everything gets resized, like applications getting bigger or when i open games they are smaller, this goes on till i close the game but i opened Star Wars The Old Republic, and when closed it, it didnt fix my screen and its been like this for a few days, I've tried opening the game again and playing around in settings. i cant play certain games like fortnight or rainbow six siege, because either the graphics are to bad or the game when it opens is not the correct size to fit my screen. im desperately trying to fix it, if

:)

Logan Norris1, Feb 27, 2024

2. Games cause the computer to freeze seconds after opening them for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with the result of the issue and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Feb 27, 2024
  3. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    CHKDSK messed up

Continue with zbook's excellent instructions.

But if you want to try and get into the BIOS again just to check:
    From your product's website:
    Opening the Startup Menu during system startup on computers

Follow these steps to open the Startup menu when the computer is powered off.

1. Turn on the computer.
    2. Immediately press the Escape key repeatedly, about once every second, until the Startup Menu opens.

You should get this option:

my computer got messed up when opening a game 267639d1534068290t-chkdsk-messed-up-c04121931.jpg

Also: please don't forget to answer Golden's question regarding how the keyboard is connected.

4. my computer got messed up when opening a game

Artifex Mundi games crashing on opening

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

For better assistance, please share the information:

• Which is the game that you are not able to play on the computer? Is the issue specific to this game?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Is the issue particular to Artiflex Mundi games or all games?

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.

• Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.

• Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.
    Hope this helps. Get back to us with the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

my computer got messed up when opening a game

1. my computer got messed up when opening a game - Similar Threads - computer got messed

2. my computer got messed up when opening a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer got messed up when opening a game: When i open certain games Exp.valorant my computers graphics drop and everything gets resized, like applications getting bigger or when i open games they are smaller, this goes on till i close the game but i opened Star Wars The Old Republic, and when closed it, it didnt fix...
  3. My Computer Is messed up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer Is messed up.: I updated my Windows 10 computer to Win11 several years ago!, earlier this year I went to bed leaving my computer running and updating before shutting down. Now my computer takes 30 minutes to boot and many programs won't run at all. I can't find my Windows key but will...
  4. My Computer Is messed up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Computer Is messed up.: I updated my Windows 10 computer to Win11 several years ago!, earlier this year I went to bed leaving my computer running and updating before shutting down. Now my computer takes 30 minutes to boot and many programs won't run at all. I can't find my Windows key but will...
  5. Why is my computer messed up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my computer messed up?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Delta2735 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khsxdh/why_is_my_computer_messed_up/
  6. My computers reset is messed up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computers reset is messed up: I don’t know why this is happening but my pc has been experiencing many issues that ive had to personally deal with and this is the first time something like this has happened[IMG]...
  7. Messed up audio when gaming since i reset my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up audio when gaming since i reset my computer: When i decided to reset my computer it all went well until i began playing games. I noticed the audio balancing or panning or whatever was really off and really hard to listen to when using headphones. In game audio would only come from the very right of my ear. I is hard to...
  8. My Computer Got HANGED when opened

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Computer Got HANGED when opened: Hi, My desktop configuration is: Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Processor: Core I5 8400 Ram: 16GB, 3200 Bus GUP: Gtx 1050ti SSd: 120GB HDd: 1TB OS: Windows 10 Pro My problem is: Last 1 years , I am using this very good. But today, after opening my desktop, 1/2 mins later...
  9. Screen colors get messed up when I open certain games

Screen colors get messed up when I open certain games: For some reason, my screen colors get messed up when I open certain games. The antialiasing just completely disables and everything looks like its in high contrast. It's not my monitor, i know that for a fact. submitted by /u/railpwn [link] [comments]...
  10. Audio got messed up.

Audio got messed up.: In my PC, whenever I plug in my headphones and such, a pop - up appears. It's "Realtek HD audio" or something. Here you can check if your headset/speaker is working and such. So once I plugged in my headset, but I didn't close the popup, and went to the toilet. When I got...