Windows 10: My computer got stuck in "getting windows ready"

Discus and support My computer got stuck in "getting windows ready" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I sometimes have problems connecting to Internet in all of my devices and in some cases restarting the device is the solution. This time, my Surface... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ooch_, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Ooch_ Win User

My computer got stuck in "getting windows ready"

I sometimes have problems connecting to Internet in all of my devices and in some cases restarting the device is the solution. This time, my Surface Pro 3 doesn't have a keyboard wasn't connecting to internet so I decided to restart it. It was apparently going well until the "Getting windows ready - don't turn off your computer" appeared.IMPORTANT DETAILS:I wasn't updating my computerIt isn't connected to the internet as far as I knowThe screen is dark brown-greyish and not blueI did a research on what I could do and the option I find most reasonable is repairing my computer via Installa

:)

Ooch_, Jul 13, 2022

2. Getting Windows Ready Stuck

Hi Pablo,

If your computer is still stuck at the Getting Windows Ready screen, we suggest that you go to this

thread
    and perform the steps provided by Tadasha Mishra and other community members which other people have found helpful.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jul 13, 2022
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    Computer stuck at getting windows ready

Hi,

For us to effectively assist you, may we ask if you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?

Have you tried any possible troubleshooting steps? If yes, what are those steps? This is to avoid repeating of the possible steps done.

If Windows 10 install gets stuck on the message "Getting Windows ready", it is possible that the internet connection might be running slow. Kindly ensure that your internet connection can suffice the download during the update. The other thing would be a conflict
    from external devices. We suggest temporarily disconnect all peripherals aside from mouse and keyboard.

If you require any further information, let us know.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jul 13, 2022
  4. Kael Fay Win User

Windows wont restart! Stuck on Getting windows ready

Hi my computer is very terrible and I had to restart it to update it. When I restarted it the computer got stuck on the screen saying getting windows ready. This always happens and it really really really annoys me. Some people have suggested it might be a problem with my motherboard. Since I don't feel like replacing mg motherboard do you know any other possible problems that could be causing this? And how to fix it?

Kael Fay, Jul 13, 2022
Thema:

1. My computer got stuck in "getting windows ready" - Similar Threads - computer got stuck

2. Computer formatting stuck on getting ready

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer formatting stuck on getting ready: Yesterday I tried to log in to my PC but the login crashed and corrupted, telling me I would need to reset my passcode but then my login completely disappeared. We logged in on my husbands account and it said there was no disk space. But the files I needed to delete were on...
  3. Computer formatting stuck on getting ready

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer formatting stuck on getting ready: Yesterday I tried to log in to my PC but the login crashed and corrupted, telling me I would need to reset my passcode but then my login completely disappeared. We logged in on my husbands account and it said there was no disk space. But the files I needed to delete were on...
  4. Computer formatting stuck on getting ready

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My computer got stuck in "getting windows ready"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer got stuck in "getting windows ready": I sometimes have problems connecting to Internet in all of my devices and in some cases restarting the device is the solution. This time, my Surface Pro 3 doesn't have a keyboard wasn't connecting to internet so I decided to restart it. It was apparently going well until the...
  6. My computer got stuck in "getting windows ready"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer got stuck in "getting windows ready": I sometimes have problems connecting to Internet in all of my devices and in some cases restarting the device is the solution. This time, my Surface Pro 3 doesn't have a keyboard wasn't connecting to internet so I decided to restart it. It was apparently going well until the...
  7. Getting windows ready stuck for days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting windows ready stuck for days: I own a Lenovo IdeaPad Y700, it's a great and powerful laptop it hardly has problems. I tried running it yesterday and it showed the familiar "getting windows ready don't turn off your computer" it has been stuck for two days straight. I tried turning off my laptop via the...
  8. Stuck at getting ready

Stuck at getting ready: I have installed windows using a usb and adter the installation and stuff its just stuck at getting ready for a long time i dont think this is normal . I want to keep my files and am using an laptop with a non removable battery...
  9. Screen stuck on getting windows ready

Screen stuck on getting windows ready: i updated and shut down when ethernet was unplugged. then i realized it and replugged the ethernet. now the screen is stuck on getting windows ready. did the ethernet have something to do with it? What do I do?...
  10. Stuck at Getting Windows ready

Stuck at Getting Windows ready: After I hit update and shut down, my PC got stuck at 35% and more than 3 hours passed by. Then I tried to go to advanced settings and troubleshoot/ do anything from that menu but in order to do so, I needed to login to my microsoft account. While trying to do that, it showed...